First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer will look at it under warranty. If I did something wrong installing it, it might not be covered under warranty. Ford chimed in on this thread and said they would work with my dealership to help resolve the issue, which really impressed me.
I installed the side windows starting at the front, per the Ford and Bronco Nation videos. The top appears to be correctly installed
Iā€™ll see if I can find the thread on how to make the top fit better
Sponsored

tlianza

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lianza.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 LUX/2.7/A51/OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Double check that they are actually latched. My passenger side doesnā€™t like to latch on its own. I gently lift up when moving the top to make sure after I noticed what was going on. I usually have to lift and bring the top down firmly to get the passenger side to latch.
Yes, I have this problem too. It takes quite a bit of pulling to get them to latch on both sides (driver side is worse for me) but they do latch.

Also check to make sure your tension cables are connected in the front upper corner of the rear plastic window. Iā€™ve had them come out of place too.
I'd love a photo of this. I can't quite tell what it means and it could be my issue.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've always tucked the corner underneath that wire and haven't had any issues, I'd recommend trying that. There's also a thread on here of adjusting the top to fit better, maybe worth looking at?
I believe the instructions say to tuck behind the wire maybe this is why mine donā€™t do this. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I couldnā€™t find the thread to make the top fit better. Do you know what itā€™s titled?

OP
OP

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update:
I took it to the dealer last week. They ordered a replacement side panel including the window and front plastic clip that hooks the C pillar. It came in today and I have an appointment for them to install next week under warranty.
A Ford personal service rep contacted me. Iā€™m surprised and impressed that Ford is following up on this. Pretty cool.

Sponsored

tlianza

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lianza.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 LUX/2.7/A51/OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I took mine for service on a different roof issue ( https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/soft-top-latch-issue.30901/ ) and I showed them this issue while I was there

They basically said that it didn't look wrong and maybe it will get better as the car breaks in and the roof gets more pliable. In my case, even though the windows pop off the pillar when the kickstand is up, they also slide back into place when the kickstand is down, so the issue isn't particularly serious. Just seems cheap and weird.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took mine for service on a different roof issue ( https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/soft-top-latch-issue.30901/ ) and I showed them this issue while I was there

They basically said that it didn't look wrong and maybe it will get better as the car breaks in and the roof gets more pliable. In my case, even though the windows pop off the pillar when the kickstand is up, they also slide back into place when the kickstand is down, so the issue isn't particularly serious. Just seems cheap and weird.
That's total BS from your dealer. WTF needs to "wear in"? They are probably too short handed to care about your issue. Any other dealer options close by? You're selling dealer does not have to the one that fixes it.

I've had mine open hundreds of times and never had either panel pop out of the channel.

Check the manual about removing the soft top, there are some diagrams that show alignment pins, etc that may be helpful. Its probably a minor misalignment issue, QC from the factory is pretty hit and miss on these.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hah! If anything, over time, your visqueen windows will turn yellow and brittle, not more pliable.

And if you know what visqueen is without looking it up you are, as I, older than dirt, lol

OP
OP

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: The dealer replaced the side panel with the window. The first time I lifted the rear and put the kickstand down, it popped out near the top on the C Pilar, but went back in place when I closed the rear. It didnā€™t pop out at all on subsequent openings
Sponsored