First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I'm having the same issue surprisingly. I thought these would go pretty quick but they've been on the marketplace for a month. The price I'm asking is reasonable for five wheels and tires that are practically brand new. Is 2500 too much to ask?
if you are willing to accept 50% of new you might have action
Sponsored

Balt

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands SAS / 2017 Lincoln Nautilus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you are willing to accept 50% of new you might have action
I will do everything I can to keep the market up on the value of these items because they're worth it. When people are rushed to sell they contribute to lowering the market value. I'm in no rush so I will keep the market value as high as I can. I did lower it to 2200 we'll see where that goes. You for the valued input.

G6Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will do everything I can to keep the market up on the value of these items because they're worth it. When people are rushed to sell they contribute to lowering the market value. I'm in no rush so I will keep the market value as high as I can. I did lower it to 2200 we'll see where that goes. You for the valued input.
no issue.... i have sold alot of "used" stuff though the years and it seems that market just doent value things the way I think they should.

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

An HE bro sold brand new white HE slots and tires on FB for 1200 🤯 same day…

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought some OBX tires/rims for $480. Guy said they had sensors, but that was a lie. So... I spent $220 on sensors + install for all five. Total invested $700... and that was for five very pristine wheels/rims.

I then put my "steelies" up for sale (with tires + sensors). I ended up getting $420 for all five of them... if I included the five plastic Bronco/horse caps. Took me quite a while (like 4 months), but I feel quite fortunate to have sold them in that amount of time. Not a lot of market for steelies.

Most interesting ad I saw here in Sacramento was a guy saying HE WOULD consider low-ball offers, and was selling some scratched OBX tires/rims for $200.

It really comes down to three things:
1. Quality of your wheels & rims.
2. Price.
3. How do you compare to the competition.

Simple as that.

Sponsored

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
One other thing... I sell quite a bit of other things on CL (MIJ/MIK electric guitars, and 1970s MIJ stereos). I have seen a definite slowdown in the market over the last six months.

I think inflation is really taking a hit out there in consumer-land, and I read somewhere that lots of folks that had saved up funds during the pandemic have now burned through most of those savings.

Zstngz

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, Datsun Z, Merc E350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone had any luck selling their OEM wheels and tires after you’ve done a glow up in your ride?. :)

I have mine listed on Marketplace with zero action.
I just gave away mine to the tire shop guy.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealership has had a set of 5 new takeoffs (tires and rims) from an OBX sitting in the lobby for $1199 for almost a year. I offered them a grand, thinking it would be cheaper than the cost of a set of new Bridgestones plus the mounting, balancing, etc. when the time comes. They said no dice. I'm at 30k miles and plenty of wear left, so in no hurry. I have heard of a lot of people getting tires, rims, or both real cheap. There are deals to be had evidently.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems like the going rate for take-off OBX tires/rims is actually $700 around here (NorCal). I can understand why the dealer hasn't sold them yet at $1199.

If its like this in a few years when I need tires I might just buy a set of take-offs instead of new tires from a tire shop.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I'm having the same issue surprisingly. I thought these would go pretty quick but they've been on the marketplace for a month. The price I'm asking is reasonable for five wheels and tires that are practically brand new. Is 2500 too much to ask?
Probably a little bit. Someone once responded to one of my for sale threads that they weren't interested in a used something unless they're saving 50% over new retail, unless theres a real good reason to buy it (like there aren't other options).

probably 1,500-2,000 for sasquatch take offs these days, depending on miles. Earlier this year they would have been 2,000+ but there are a lot more on the market now. same with sasquatch bilstein takeoffs.

Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2024 Rivian R1S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an interesting thread! It's crazy how the market is so different based on where you are at. I live in Minnesota and not many people sell their Bronco take offs on Craigslist.

I searched high and low for 2 months for a pair of Badlands take offs when I was looking to upgrade my tires to KO2s. I could not for the life of me find any. When I browsed today there is a set in excellent condition for $1,500. I would've jumped on that in a heartbeat if they were available when I was looking.

I ended up buying new KO2s and had them mounted to my BB rims and sold my Duelers with 8K on them to a used tire shop for $50 a tire.. I just couldn't stand the look of the BB rims and I wanted BD or BL rims. I ended up using my wife's FB account and found BD rims for $400 that were for sale for months. I offered $300 and had them on my Bronco in less than 24 hours.

Then I tried to GIVE AWAY my BB rims on this forum for about a month and not a single person was interested. So I gave them away on Craigslist. In my area there are people with BB take offs rim & tires together for $600-$800 for months....they just are not going to get that. Could they in another state? Maybe, but not here in MN right now. If you didn't mind Bridgestone Duelers you could get a hell of a deal on them.

To summarize, markets on this stuff is really interesting.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought some OBX tires/rims for $480. Guy said they had sensors, but that was a lie. So... I spent $220 on sensors + install for all five. Total invested $700... and that was for five very pristine wheels/rims.

I then put my "steelies" up for sale (with tires + sensors). I ended up getting $420 for all five of them... if I included the five plastic Bronco/horse caps. Took me quite a while (like 4 months), but I feel quite fortunate to have sold them in that amount of time. Not a lot of market for steelies.

Most interesting ad I saw here in Sacramento was a guy saying HE WOULD consider low-ball offers, and was selling some scratched OBX tires/rims for $200.

It really comes down to three things:
1. Quality of your wheels & rims.
2. Price.
3. How do you compare to the competition.

Simple as that.
I bought a set of BD steelies for the tires for my gx460, and had a hell of a time getting the wheels sold. I ended up getting $100 for the four including the tpms sensors and was happy to get them gone.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Problem is many people seem to think used wheels and tires are worth more than they are. Doesn’t matter how many miles are on them. They are used with no warranty. Price them like you want them out of your garage.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
In regard to the Big Bend rims/tires (person in MN)... I tried to find BB rims/tires out here (to upgrade from Base steelies), but could not. I "settled" for OBX rims/tires for $720 (total).

I guess the grass IS always greener on the other side of the country.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2024 Rivian R1S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In regard to the Big Bend rims/tires (person in MN)... I tried to find BB rims/tires out here (to upgrade from Base steelies), but could not. I "settled" for OBX rims/tires for $720 (total).

I guess the grass IS always greener on the other side of the country.
Bummer! I would’ve given you mine for free!!!
Sponsored