RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
posting here for discussion. Pricing will be ~$1000 according to the comments.

Edit: it’s out and it’s $1200😲: https://broncbustertx.com/products/passenger-rack-and-pinion-billet-aluminum-housing

Ford Bronco Second Broncbuster Steering Rack Reinforcement F4EB72C1-DB17-4A7B-AD5B-DCC11B4B2EF1

Stage lll heavy-duty passenger billet aluminum housing

Stage lll Heavy-duty passenger Billet Aluminum Housing for 2021-2022 6th Gen Ford Broncos. CNC machined from T6061 and reinforced with a hardened steel bushing for long service life. Our design encapsulates the steering rack ball screw on the passenger side in a manner that not only eliminates the passenger rack housing failure but reduces stress on the electric motor by minimizing steering binding issues. All lifted Broncos will benefit from the enhanced steering and eliminate metal shavings that will likely lead to premature rack failure. If you modify your Bronco suspension geometry, you should consider this upgrade first.

* The Stock rubber mounts are retained and reused on this housing *

Sponsored

Last edited:

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good information and thanks to these guys for pushing the limits and trying to come up with solutions.

but jeez that video was long. 25 minutes of talking!

also, I understand that the 4x heavier housing is stronger, but curious how this beefier housing prevents the shaft inside from flexing?

Rockdawg84

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4RUNNER, 96 F350 CC 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good information and thanks to these guys for pushing the limits and trying to come up with solutions.

but jeez that video was long. 25 minutes of talking!

also, I understand that the 4x heavier housing is stronger, but curious how this beefier housing prevents the shaft inside from flexing?
if I understand correctly the housing is machined to function as a bushing the total way across instead of the stock which does not support the shaft but only has a small seal. It seems to be a similar concept to the current bronco bushing but in full CNC aluminum, I look forward to more info and testing to see how it does.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well a bunch of people have his tie rod ends so someone will buy it. Someone is going to make a whole new rack at some point and I will probably jump on that.

Not rocket science, but definitely not an easy part to mass produce. Solid billet is pricey when you don't cast save milling time.
Contrary to popular belief, I thought the bushing and tie rod ends had a good selling point as insurance even if they were on the more expensive side. This, not so much. I guess it remains to be seen but I think much more people would buy if it was reasonably priced. Heck, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say 9/10 people that bought the other parts won’t even come close to needing it but at $1200, most people are gonna think long and hard. I estimate the raw Billet at ~$200 max. Any other aftermarket company that should make this would probably have it at $7-800 or less.

at $1700 all in (so far..), you’re basically paying for a new rack but keeping the same stock one. For those of us that like to “enjoy” our Broncos, this is sadly the only option as we may not make it to when someone develops a cheaper/better solution.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Contrary to popular belief, I thought the bushing and tie rod ends had a good selling point as insurance even if they were on the more expensive side. This, not so much. I guess it remains to be seen but I think much more people would buy if it was reasonably priced. Heck, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say 9/10 people that bought the other parts won’t even come close to needing it but at $1200, most people are gonna think long and hard. I estimate the raw Billet at ~$200 max. Any other aftermarket company that should make this would probably have it at $7-800 or less.

at $1700 all in (so far..), you’re basically paying for a new rack but keeping the same stock one. For those of us that like to “enjoy” our Broncos, this is sadly the only option as we may not make it to when someone develops a cheaper/better solution.
I understand your point, but your have to factor in a 250K to 500K CNC machine, and a programmers time, and time cost for the machine to run and carve it out of a solid chunk of aluminum. If they werent cutting this they would be cutting something else that makes money also....

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if I understand correctly the housing is machined to function as a bushing the total way across instead of the stock which does not support the shaft but only has a small seal. It seems to be a similar concept to the current bronco bushing but in full CNC aluminum, I look forward to more info and testing to see how it does.
its the Passenger side of the shaft which is worm gear so i believe it would eat up a bushing over time. Plus the stock structure looks weak compared to the billet piece.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

reminds me of rubber bushings vs delrin or solid with suspension components.

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost what a real rack costs! This is what the KOH broncos run that I think Geiser built.

Ford Bronco Second Broncbuster Steering Rack Reinforcement 1654293176860

Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost what a real rack costs! This is what the KOH broncos run that I think Geiser built.

Ford Bronco Second Broncbuster Steering Rack Reinforcement 1654293176860
Lots of luck getting that street legal. Likely have to add a return to center orbital as well as a bunch of other stuff.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1654293176860.png
Those start out around $3500 and go up from there.

My son and I have used both their 6" and 7" rack and pinions in KOH IFS set-ups.

Lots of luck getting that street legal. Likely have to add a return to center orbital as well as a bunch of other stuff.
Nothing that would be illegal in that set-up.

It is a true rack and pinion that is connected to the steering shaft. It just has the assist ram on it to help turn the big 40" tires with ease.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing that would be illegal in that set-up.

It is a true rack and pinion that is connected to the steering shaft. It just has the assist ram on it to help turn the big 40" tires with ease.
Well that’s super cool. I had no idea it was still attached to the steering shaft. Even at that pricing, it may be pretty competitive with all the “solutions” out there.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Second Broncbuster Steering Rack Reinforcement 110_111_113_114-2

Here's the back side, you can see the input shaft for the pinion gear.

That $3500 starting price is just for the box, you still have to add a control valve and then a decent hydraulic pump, cooler etc. It'd be easy to get into the $8K range or more to run one of these.

Haven't messed with them in a few years, so that pricing estimate is probably way low too.

Control valve:

Ford Bronco Second Broncbuster Steering Rack Reinforcement 715-1024x682
Sponsored