Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base squatch, 2.7L

I get 12-13 MPG. And I *promise* you all that I do not drive it hard. Zero hard accelerations - if anything, I try to ease it thru the gears bc I badly want it to achieve the promised 17-19 MPG. Honestly, it is so bad that I considered having a dealer see if the drive train was mechanically working properly and if the engine cpu/controller was mapped correctly, etc.

Gas MPG is a complete disappointment. Great car, but gas mileage on mine is sh*t.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hovering around 15.3 on my badsquatch, but most my driving is just a couple miles on residential roads with stop signs, would not mind better mileage, but expected to be around that area, the 17/17/17 promised on paper are the usual pipe dream.
I don't commute so don't really care, even at over $5/gal now it really has little impact on my wallet and I fill it with premium so far. (I'd never buy this rig as a commuter car, I'd be full electric for that).
I also have to go and explore some more while the transmission is still "learning" and it's sure fun to give the 2.7 a good kick here and there, astounding power in this heavy vehicle. Also acceleration on the freeway is pretty impressive.

bcgray

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru Outback Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@redone17 nailed it. It’s also in the manual.

I’d also suggest keeping your fuel receipts and write the odometer reading on the receipt when you fuel up. With some math you can get a much more accurate MPG calculation than what the computer tells you.

If you keep track over MPG over time it’ll help you detect problems. On my old F-100, keeping track let me know one of my spark plugs were bad. Nowadays something like that would probably be detected by the computer, but still, it helps.
Okay savage, there are apps for that now.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay savage, there are apps for that now.
Psssshhh apps. Nothing is better than a pen and paper!!!

Truthfully I track all my stuff in Excel. For awhile I tried to just directly input the info into Excel on my phone. But Excel on a phone is just... painful. Significantly faster just to write it on the receipt and stash it away in my sun visor.

Once every 3-5 months I'll grab all of the receipts out of my visor and plug them into Excel on my desktop. Then I can spit out stats and graphs and other nonsense.

This is my Focus' summary:
Ford Bronco Resetting mpg on dash Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 15.46.54

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
5 weeks and 1,600 miles with a 2.3 OBX Normal mode and the never reset mpg is 19.6, mostly in town driving. Pleasantly surprised.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a way to auto reset a certain trip after a full up? My other vehicle has this and it's a nice feature.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there a way to auto reset a certain trip after a full up? My other vehicle has this and it's a nice feature.
Yes there's a trip 1 and trip 2 counter display, each can be reset on their own. Also noted in the manual screenshot in post #3.

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Psssshhh apps. Nothing is better than a pen and paper!!!

Truthfully I track all my stuff in Excel. For awhile I tried to just directly input the info into Excel on my phone. But Excel on a phone is just... painful. Significantly faster just to write it on the receipt and stash it away in my sun visor.

Once every 3-5 months I'll grab all of the receipts out of my visor and plug them into Excel on my desktop. Then I can spit out stats and graphs and other nonsense.

This is my Focus' summary:
Ford Bronco Resetting mpg on dash Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 15.46.54
You'd love Fuelly.com
It'll generate reports for you and there's a running total/graphs. You can download the app or just create a login at Fuelly.com and text your info in every time you fuel up, which is what I do. The app is cool for just poking around though.

Here are the stats on my current ride.

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 4.31.18 PM.png

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes there's a trip 1 and trip 2 counter display, each can be reset on their own. Also noted in the manual screenshot in post #3.
I'm not sure you understood my question.

Our Honda resets trip 2 (which I've set) after you fill the tank up.

Is there a way to automatically reset the trip on the Bronco this way?

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure you understood my question.

Our Honda resets trip 2 (which I've set) after you fill the tank up.

Is there a way to automatically reset the trip on the Bronco this way?
No.
Sponsored