Sponsored

Resale Question: What is my Bronco really worth?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’re absolutely right! I will certainly entertain the private sale, I just haven’t gotten TOO serious about it yet and I’d prefer to get the few grand tax credit via trade if it made sense, say trade at $33k and the $2k in credit gets me to that $35k number.
It just isn't the tax credit that should be motivation. But also your time and aggravation selling via private party. People are flakes. You'll have to answer buyer's questions (legitimate and nonsensical). People will want a gajillion photos/videos before actually committing to arrange a meeting to kick the tires. Then to find a time that works for both of you. At which time, the seller will want to negotiate a few k off your asking price to "get a deal". Then you'll learn that they don't have the funds nor qualify for the high interest rate loan for you to start over.

F-that. Not worth a few thousand to deal with that nonsense.

Strip the Bronco of sellable parts. Tart it up with the OBX takeoffs. Dealers will be thinking they have a deal with the upgraded wheels. And you can move on to your next vehicle. Let the dealer choke on the gristle that you left on the bone.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It just isn't the tax credit that should be motivation. But also your time and aggravation selling via private party. People are flakes. You'll have to answer buyer's questions (legitimate and nonsensical). People will want a gajillion photos/videos before actually committing to arrange a meeting to kick the tires. Then to find a time that works for both of you. At which time, the seller will want to negotiate a few k off your asking price to "get a deal". Then you'll learn that they don't have the funds nor qualify for the high interest rate loan for you to start over.

Strip the Bronco of sellable parts. Tart it up with the OBX takeoffs. Dealers will be thinking they have a deal with the upgraded wheels. And you can move on to your next vehicle. Let the dealer choke on the gristle that you left on the bone.
Agree with this.

Such a pain in the butt to sell privately and not worth the hassle. It’s engrained in people to try to get the lowest “deal” when it comes to used vehicle shopping.

Dealerships don’t want your accessories either - it does not get you any more money out of them, and if it does, it’s very, very minimal. Other than my hard top and tires, I’d try to strip every other accessory off of it and sell it on Marketplace or re-install it on a new vehicle, if I could.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you go to KBB, there's an option to "get a cash offer". If you select this, it will prompt you upload some specific photos and info of your Bronco.

What happens then, is that it sends the details of your vehicle to dealers who use KBB and told the system they're looking for that type of vehicle.

I used it to sell my vehicle before buying the Bronco and was a little skeptical. But, I got an email from a couple OEM dealers and independent dealers, who all were interested in the vehicle. I ended up visiting 3 dealers who said they were interested and took the best offer... walked out later that day with a cash in hand.

It's also not necessarily going to be a Ford dealership, it's dealers who said I want that kind of vehicle.

There's really no obligation, so it's a great way to find out exactly what somebody's willing to pay that day for your truck.

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco, ‘21 Wrangler, ‘11 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why restrict yourself to Ford dealers? Plenty of Toyota and other dealers would love to have a Bronco on the lot as it implies somebody traded for something better.

25 years from now (barring a plethora of more vabies) you will wish you kept the Bronco. Especially if inflation follows history. Every day I think about our 1974 Firebird we bought new in 1975 off the lot and traded in 79 for a full size 2 door for trade value of more than we paid. Pay 4k get 4.5k on an 8k and it is hard to pass up. Kicker is that due to inflation the average price of a family car has gone from $3500 in 1970 to $7500 in 1980, $15,000 in 1990 and $40-$50k today.

Will cars cost an average of $250k in 30 years? Probably not but certainly more than what they are today. I remember predictions of $100 loaves of bread by the turn of the century. But I also have seen 12 Oz bags of Doritos now carrying an msrp of nearly $7
Trust me, I wish I could keep it if I could afford to...but I also have a 2011 Shelby GT500 that I have had for years, and that is the one vehicle I refuse to give up. I am in need of a pickup truck due to work (I am part owner and I run a concrete construction company) so the Bronco just can't stay.

I am open to other dealerships but the specific truck(s) I am looking at are Ford's (new and used) so that just happens to be where I have started shopping.

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
KBB saying 39K seems reasonable to me. Per Car Edge (create an account to see market supply) says there is a 100+ day supply of new base 2023 throughout the nation. This will most likely be the biggest reason for a dealer low ball trade-in value.
This is great insight/info...my understanding is there are no more NEW base model 2D's, am I incorrect in that assumption? The closest thing I thought you could order/purchase new would be a 2D Big Bend model?

Sponsored

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This is great insight/info...my understanding is there are no more NEW base model 2D's, am I incorrect in that assumption? The closest thing I thought you could order/purchase new would be a 2D Big Bend model?
Yes... a zero options BB 2-door, 7spd manual, etc. is $41K. Unsure about wait times but it won't be a year like in the past... but probably 3-6 months. There are dealers offering $1K under MSRP for ordering and some at invoice for ordering.

Ford Bronco Resale Question: What is my Bronco really worth? 1714487715026-i7

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Man, if it wasn't black and I didn't have my JL I'd be very interested since you're close....

Congrats on the upcoming baby!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are decided on selling, I would sell ASAP as prices are dropping quickly.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Separate the transactions. You can just sell a car to a dealership. And of course you can just buy a car without trade in.

What happens when you start trying to do both at the same time, the dealer gets all thumbs and is like "we'll give you X" and you say "I want Y" and they say "sure we'll give you Y" then bury you with MSRP, addons and/or financing upcharges. The total cost can actually be higher.

(Of course, the real WTF are the buyers who have a target monthly payment. Dealer be like, for five years or 8?)

So sell it private or to a dealership, but don't try to do a bigger deal unless you're really good at haggling and know how to keep your eye on the real total.

BleednBlue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco; 2018 4Runner; 2008 GX470
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, it looks like you are correct. There seems to be only a couple new 2023 2 dr base models available. Sorry for the bad info.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Amen to that. I used to love the art of the car deal, now people are too flaky.

OP congrats and beautiful Bronco, keep it and load the tike from the tailgate over the back seat!

MichaelCar001

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since there's only one used model in a 50-mile radius, this rarity can boost your vehicle's value. And with the only comparable used model, a 2022 with more miles, listed at $42.5k, it looks like your Bronco is in a good spot in terms of market value.

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

I always said the day I don't bend over to pick a $1 bill off the street I must be doing pretty well...and I am certainly not to that point in life, but I tend to agree hence my reasoning for the trade other than the tax credit. I hate to leave any money on the table but I just don't have the time at the moment with my business and family to spend doing all that!

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you go to KBB, there's an option to "get a cash offer". If you select this, it will prompt you upload some specific photos and info of your Bronco.

What happens then, is that it sends the details of your vehicle to dealers who use KBB and told the system they're looking for that type of vehicle.

I used it to sell my vehicle before buying the Bronco and was a little skeptical. But, I got an email from a couple OEM dealers and independent dealers, who all were interested in the vehicle. I ended up visiting 3 dealers who said they were interested and took the best offer... walked out later that day with a cash in hand.

It's also not necessarily going to be a Ford dealership, it's dealers who said I want that kind of vehicle.

There's really no obligation, so it's a great way to find out exactly what somebody's willing to pay that day for your truck.
Wow this is great info- and while I have seen this option it never crossed my mind to give it a try! I will do that as well!

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, if it wasn't black and I didn't have my JL I'd be very interested since you're close....

Congrats on the upcoming baby!
Thank you so much! My wife has a 2021 Willy's 4D with the sky one touch top and its amazing! We have had many jeeps, this one is the best...also helps we got 1.75% financing back in December 2021...
Sponsored