Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I took off my beauty rings today to get them powder coated. I was surprised how easy the bolts came out. After the initial crack to break the loctite they spun right out really easy. Far easier than it was on my 2023, those had a lot more of the yellow goo.

Once I got the rings off I was surprised how good it looks with the thin silver stripe. I love the look and Iā€™m thinking of just running them without the rings. Wish all the dang holes werenā€™t there!

Ford Bronco Removing beauty rings on MY24. IMG_0538

Ford Bronco Removing beauty rings on MY24. IMG_0511
Sponsored

Last edited:

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe order a few sets of the bolts and just put them in the holes without the ring. Hopefully they dont bottom out before they fully seat.

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I cleaned one of the holes with a tap and ran a bolt in and it did what you mentioned, it bottomed out with about 1/4" to go. I may stop by a hardware store and see what they have for shorter bolts..

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also didnā€™t mind the look without the beauty ring when I removed them to be power coated. Iā€™m surprised there isnā€™t an aftermarket option that looks exactly like this, but just sticks out slightly to allow the bolts to go in properly. Would be a perfect solution.

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also didnā€™t mind the look without the beauty ring when I removed them to be power coated. Iā€™m surprised there isnā€™t an aftermarket option that looks exactly like this, but just sticks out slightly to allow the bolts to go in properly. Would be a perfect solution.
That's a great idea! Something that fit just the flat portion the bolts go in would be awesome. I wonder why Ford didn't make the beauty rings like that and not so wide. Something just the width of the flat mounting surface would look way better with body color or even contrasting color than the fat beauty rings. Sometimes those are just too much when painted to match body paint.

Sponsored

DeepBronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe order a few sets of the bolts and just put them in the holes without the ring. Hopefully they dont bottom out before they fully seat.
Fastenal will sell you SS thread savers to plug the holes and protect the threads. JS
Sponsored