First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had issues with the clarity on my rear view camera. Took to dealership for warranty ( only 11k on vehicle) dealership says it’s damaged lens and not covered under warranty. Then quoted me $600 to replace camera even though the part is $60. I understand they have overhead so I bought the part from ford and spent 45 min replacing it. Now the lines in the rear view are gone and it’s going to take the dealership to reprogram the camera. I called to see if that was warrantied and I was told that since I replaced the camera, it wasn’t covered under warranty and I would have to pay for the programming. Honestly I don’t need the frigging lines, but it’s the principle of the situation. Is this a Ford thing or a dealership thing?
Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its a general thing in all manufacturers if a part is damaged warranty doesnt cover it. They have to prove its damaged but since you already removed and replaced it youre SOL. My parts/labor guide says its about an hour install job plus a $240 part then programming. My labor price would be about $300 so 600 sounds right after tax.

OP
OP
Delta-bronco

Delta-bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Its a general thing in all manufacturers if a part is damaged warranty doesnt cover it. They have to prove its damaged but since you already removed and replaced it youre SOL. My parts/labor guide says its about an hour install job plus a $240 part then programming. My labor price would be about $300 so 600 sounds right after tax.
I get that part. It’s the reprogramming charge that I don’t agree with. It seams that the programming should remain intact as long as the part replaced is Ford OEM.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I get that part. It’s the reprogramming charge that I don’t agree with. It seams that the programming should remain intact as long as the part replaced is Ford OEM.
The programming is part of the camera installation. If the camera wasn’t covered, no programming of it would be covered either.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The programming is part of the camera installation. If the camera wasn’t covered, no programming of it would be covered either.
This ^

Replacing any electronics yourself will be the same outcome

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah this is pretty much an “all manufacturers” thing.

Cameras are part of the overall safety system—in case of the rear camera it’s federally mandated. To protect against improper installations most camera systems have a default uncalibrated state or uninitialized state, as each vehicle is different. That’s what you’re running into.

And obviously the initialization step isn’t going to be free since it wasn’t a manufacturer’s defect that caused the camera to break.

OP
OP
Delta-bronco

Delta-bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, makes sense. I appreciate you guys explaining it. May just live without it depending on price.
Thanjs again for the input.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, makes sense. I appreciate you guys explaining it. May just live without it depending on price.
Thanjs again for the input.
It's likely that this could be programmed yourself in forscan... And for sure could be done with FDRS.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
With the Honda accord, you can turn the guidelines on and off, and calibrate them with the infotainment settings. I'd Check there before paying
Sponsored