First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Non-Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I wish I had tried to clock the motor forward too. It wasn't that bad to hook up the terminals before bolting the cradle up, but it would be super easy to hook them up if they faced forward.

I used to have access to a plasma cutter and bender, but right now I just have SolidWorks for CAD. I sent the file to SendCutSend and had them laser cut and bend the bracket for me. It's surprisingly cheap to have them make one off parts, even cheaper if you can do batches.
Sponsored

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I wish I had tried to clock the motor forward too. It wasn't that bad to hook up the terminals before bolting the cradle up, but it would be super easy to hook them up if they faced forward.

I used to have access to a plasma cutter and bender, but right now I just have SolidWorks for CAD. I sent the file to SendCutSend and had them laser cut and bend the bracket for me. It's surprisingly cheap to have them make one off parts, even cheaper if you can do batches.
Yeah I still gotta make the wires and I like making them the exact length they need to be so it would be nice to be able to make them with the cradle in place.

I finished the relocation yesterday and goddamn talk about putting 10 lbs of shit into a 5 lb box.

Did you have issue with the solid oil lines hitting the crossmember? I ended up putting some cut hose on them for sanity's sake.

Ford Bronco RC hidden winch mount install, 2.7 w/ "capable" bumper & Warn VR Evo 53711627621_a20c7add8f_4k
Untitled by MJH Creations, on Flickr
Ford Bronco RC hidden winch mount install, 2.7 w/ "capable" bumper & Warn VR Evo 53712061745_7671d49693_4k

Your directions on how much to cut worked perfectly though. Hardest part was renotching the hole on the cooler.

I have all louvers opening fully except the bottom left and right which open partially.

Ford Bronco RC hidden winch mount install, 2.7 w/ "capable" bumper & Warn VR Evo 53711843268_fba66ae0db_4k

OP
OP
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Non-Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! Yeah, I had rubbing there so I ended up just pulling down on the oil lines at the elbow to add some more bend to them. That aluminum is really soft and bends easy, I went slow and made sure it wouldn't kink. It didn't need much bending and now I have piece of mind of nothing rubbing. I'm sure the rubber hose will work fine but bending them a bit won't hurt.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice! Yeah, I had rubbing there so I ended up just pulling down on the oil lines at the elbow to add some more bend to them. That aluminum is really soft and bends easy, I went slow and made sure it wouldn't kink. It didn't need much bending and now I have piece of mind of nothing rubbing. I'm sure the rubber hose will work fine but bending them a bit won't hurt.
Ah good to know I wasn't the only one. I'll see if I can get my hand in there and give them a little bend too. (y) I ended up not listening to some of the instructions and reused some of the oem hardware for mounting the cooler and bracket . I also feel like if I were to do it again I could easily move that bolt/bracket like 2 inches towards the drivers side and have more clearance over there as well.
Sponsored