Denial
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello All,
After almost 10years, we are going to put in a permanent shower at camp. We are going to either haul in water or pump it out of the creek. The mixed reviews on tankless water heaters are not reassuring. I understand that most of these portable water heater reviews probably come from homeowners that use them every day. We are just looking to get a hot shower without doing the rustic heat water on the stove and pour over head routine. We have 4 guys and 4 younger boys at camp. Any input is greatly appreciated. Name brands and model number would be ideal.

Thank You.
Sponsored

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harleys, Ducatis, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My first thought was solar-powered, especially since you live in Arizona.
I have no experience with it, but there are a lot of options out there.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tankless water heaters expect to have a pressurized water source. I have two Rinnai heaters which I like very much, but both have a minimum flow rating before they'll turn on.

Since you're doing a permanent installation, you might want to research solar water heater designs. They're easy enough to build and can easily heat water to 150 degrees. You should have an insullated storage tank to go with it. You didn't say where the water is coming from. Is it a well, local spring, stream or are you bringing in your own water?

There are also a number of vehicle mounted solar heaters for the overlanding crowd. Not sure if one would provide enough hot water for eight people.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Check out Geyser systems. My friend uses them off-road and loves his setup.

Big Norwegian

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, F350, F600
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hello All,
After almost 10years, we are going to put in a permanent shower at camp. We are going to either haul in water or pump it out of the creek. The mixed reviews on tankless water heaters are not reassuring. I understand that most of these portable water heater reviews probably come from homeowners that use them every day. We are just looking to get a hot shower without doing the rustic heat water on the stove and pour over head routine. We have 4 guys and 4 younger boys at camp. Any input is greatly appreciated. Name brands and model number would be ideal.

Thank You.
Put a tank less propane water heater in a camper don't remember the brand but it worked great got it from Google Canadian site that specializes in off grid stuff
Sponsored