Sponsored

Poll: Thoughts on Trim Swapping Modifications?

What’s your thoughts on folks installing other trim model modifications to their Bronco?

• Total voters

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss…

With the various Bronco trim options on the market, we see folks swapping things like grills, fender flares, painted/non-painted trim pieces, decals, etc. We are seeing folks looking at swapping Braptor grills for non-Braptor models, etc. This is something pretty main stream in the F-150 world with people adding “Raptor” accessories, to a non-Raptor model.

This can be actual trim pieces from other models, or other model “inspired” pieces, like decals.

I know there’s various opinions out there on this, so I’m curious what yours is?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is going to be a 🍿 thread for sure lol

I personally couldn’t care less what anyone chooses to do with their own Bronco, same with what anyone thinks of the things I do with my own.

I added aftermarket headlights mainly because I like the raptor look of all amber DRL’s. The additional light output also helps.
If someone thinks I’m a poser for that, so be it 🤷‍♂️

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Onboard with "do what you want" for sure. I did the Raptor spare tire hinges and bracket on mine, no shame here.

Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, to be fair, with the removal of the base model, there really is only 2 "versions" of a Bronco. 1 that can be ordered with a myriad of options and one being the Raptor variant.
I'm in the camp of "it's your money, do with it what you want". I dont need to understand why people do what they want, as long as they like it. 🍻

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Posers are only people that paint their Regal black and put the Grand National badges on it. :D
Honestly do what you want just don't get upset if people don't like it. Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one and it's usually stinky

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a problem with v6 Mustangs with Cobra or Shelby emblems because of the vast difference in performance and if some Honda beats it from a stoplight they will forever brag about how they can outrun a Shelby or whatever. I can’t think of a comparison regarding a Bronco. Maybe I’d have a problem with a fake Braptor IDK.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The real question is, when does a trim level become another trim level, or even a Sasquach?
Does it have to be born that way of can you modify it into another trim?

Lots of people self squatch or go beyond, anything can be added, and people are doing it. So can they rebadge with a sasquatch emblem?

Some things are for capability, others just for looks, but the majority of Broncos out there are never going to remain stock in regards to their birth trim. So it comes down to what you like.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The real question is, when does a trim level become another trim level, or even a Sasquach?
Does it have to be born that way of can you modify it into another trim?

Lots of people self squatch or go beyond, anything can be added, and people are doing it. So can they rebadge with a sasquatch emblem?

Some things are for capability, others just for looks, but the majority of Broncos out there are never going to remain stock in regards to their birth trim. So it comes down to what you like.
Lots of people throw on a level kit and 35's on and call it self-squatching, don't know if even a handful added a front-locker.

Last edited:

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss…

With the various Bronco trim options on the market, we see folks swapping things like grills, fender flares, painted/non-painted trim pieces, decals, etc. We are seeing folks looking at swapping Braptor grills for non-Braptor models, etc. This is something pretty main stream in the F-150 world with people adding “Raptor” accessories, to a non-Raptor model.

This can be actual trim pieces from other models, or other model “inspired” pieces, like decals.

I know there’s various opinions out there on this, so I’m curious what yours is?
Always stirring😂👍

TypsyTrae

Big Bend
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Edge & 24 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love the exterior look of the Wildtrak, but I live a realistic and affordable lifestyle being a family man blue collar worker. With that, I ordered a ‘24 Big Bend and then ordered the Wildtrak grille and plan to paint my beauty rings black, while saving thousands of dollars and getting that Wildtrak look that I really love. Plus I’m not a fan of the Wildtrak interior color scheme, so I’m actually happier at the end of the day by getting both the cheaper Big Bend interior scheme and getting the Wildtrak exterior look all in one Bronco. That’s the perk of all the trim levels essentially looking the same (Minus the Raptor of course) is that I can buy it cheap but make it look nice like the Wildtrak with a few extra dollars 👍🏼

I’m a firm believer that you do what you want because it’s your Bronco at the end of the day. It’s your happiness. That’s what I love about the Bronco because you can make it unique to your tastes and personality. Bringing the Bronco back to such a high level of customization was the best move by Ford 😎

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, to be fair, with the removal of the base model, there really is only 2 "versions" of a Bronco. 1 that can be ordered with a myriad of options and one being the Raptor variant.
I'm in the camp of "it's your money, do with it what you want". I dont need to understand why people do what they want, as long as they like it. 🍻
Ford Bronco Poll: Thoughts on Trim Swapping Modifications? IMG_4638

here here!
Sponsored