Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ordered my Bronco in February 2021.
It arrived last month (June 2022) and I took possession in time for a trip to VA over 4th of July. Less than 1500 miles on it now.

Still getting to know the vehicle and have been enjoying it until recently. Never removed doors or tops, so I can’t attribute any issues to that as others have experienced. But I engaged the parking brake on an incline driveway. I’m 54 yrs old and that’s how we were trained to park cars to avoid stress on drive train. Tried to disengage the brake, but was greeted with an alarm sound and a brake fault error telling me to “Service Now”.
It’s Saturday so I call roadside assistance from Ford and figure we get it to the dealership they can square it up.
Nope, closed. Sits in tow yard over weekend and is delivered Monday.
Told it is a part that needs replaced, but it is drivable, just don’t touch the EBB. Ok, but the audible warning and fault notifications are maddening. Part came in on Friday but they don’t have time to fit me in. Obviously, I picked the wrong dealership to order and service with, but now I’m scheduled for repairs on Wednesday. They wouldn’t even give me the part to take to another dealer 7 miles away or provide another car.
I’m sharing this to see if any other anomalies are occurring with owners with this.
I’m so frustrated with the over-tech approach to simple features like a parking brakes. I can’t find any work around to kill the alarming. Makes driving a maddening endeavor.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ordered my Bronco in February 2021.
It arrived last month (June 2022) and I took possession in time for a trip to VA over 4th of July. Less than 1500 miles on it now.

Still getting to know the vehicle and have been enjoying it until recently. Never removed doors or tops, so I can’t attribute any issues to that as others have experienced. But I engaged the parking brake on an incline driveway. I’m 54 yrs old and that’s how we were trained to park cars to avoid stress on drive train. Tried to disengage the brake, but was greeted with an alarm sound and a brake fault error telling me to “Service Now”.
It’s Saturday so I call roadside assistance from Ford and figure we get it to the dealership they can square it up.
Nope, closed. Sits in tow yard over weekend and is delivered Monday.
Told it is a part that needs replaced, but it is drivable, just don’t touch the EBB. Ok, but the audible warning and fault notifications are maddening. Part came in on Friday but they don’t have time to fit me in. Obviously, I picked the wrong dealership to order and service with, but now I’m scheduled for repairs on Wednesday. They wouldn’t even give me the part to take to another dealer 7 miles away or provide another car.
I’m sharing this to see if any other anomalies are occurring with owners with this.
I’m so frustrated with the over-tech approach to simple features like a parking brakes. I can’t find any work around to kill the alarming. Makes driving a maddening endeavor.
Hello, Brad! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

OP
OP
Bgood

Bgood

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello, Brad! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Message sent.
Appreciate any assist.

Dealer response and support from sales and service has been poor disappointing and regretful.

OP
OP
Bgood

Bgood

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally dropped off at the dealership service center this morning. One and a half weeks after "Parking Brake Fault - Service Now" message alerted and a constant tone for warning while you drive it. (Ford Mechanic says it's ok to drive).
Cautiously optimistic that this will get resolved. Concerned about all the potential issues these new Broncos will have. Too many new components. I wish there was a more mechanical spec'd version that could be bought/ordered.

Sponsored

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What's the latest on this issue? Did your dealership resolve the problem? What was the cause? I'm getting this same parking brake fault warning... Thanks!

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Following…maybe disconnect battery for awhile, trickle charge it full then reconnect…battery voltage seems to cause weird stuff too…brake supposedly automatically disengages when put into a gear and moved.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanna know if Ford spanked the dealer for being idiots.

Direwild

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had this issue already. I think if you hold the clutch in and pump the brakes and try the brake it can release. That what my tow truck drive did. Drive it to the dealership like 3 mins away and told them to replace it.

When I first got the bronco I looked at that electric parking brake and said it was going to be a problem. Sure as hell enough I was right . I made it about 6k miles before screwed up.

Took dealership just over a week from me dropping it off ,them ordering the part ,and installing it. Btw idk about everywhere else but Ford you guys need to get a hold of your dealerships and fix this you not doing loaner vehicles. It's unacceptable that I have to go get warranty work done on a vehicle that shouldn't have these problems to begin with and then you guys are like sorry hope you have another vehicle or have about $1000 to spend on a rental for a week. Fix this now!!!!!!

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This just happened to me tonight.
Walked up to my locked Bronco, once I unlocked and opened the door got the ding ding ding alert! Park Brake Fault.
Then I started the truck and nothing.
Drove it a bit and still no more alerts.
Was she just having a moment? :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
this got me last night.

having it towed to the dealer this afternoon. I don't care what anyone says on it being drivable or not, I'm not risking it when the car is yelling at me and there's a red flashing BRAKE alarm going off.

fun times.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
this got me last night.

having it towed to the dealer this afternoon. I don't care what anyone says on it being drivable or not, I'm not risking it when the car is yelling at me and there's a red flashing BRAKE alarm going off.

fun times.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This just happened to me tonight.
Walked up to my locked Bronco, once I unlocked and opened the door got the ding ding ding alert! Park Brake Fault.
Then I started the truck and nothing.
Drove it a bit and still no more alerts.
Was she just having a moment? :ROFLMAO:
Same alert I received a few days ago and thankfully no other notifications. The only other warning I've received on my 2021 was back in January for a "Powertrain Malfunction" and that ended with a passenger-side turbo replacement. Hoping the "Park Brake Fault" is a non-issue, @Ford Motor Company

nothingface

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr OBX Bronco, Range Rover Sport, CBR600RR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw the "Park Brake Fault" message intermittently a few times over a couple days. Each time it happened, it would go away when I cycled the parking brake. Thought it might just be gremlins or whatever, but then I got a "Park Brake System Overheat" message. Went to the dealer, and they said the parking brake motor seized because the caliper was leaking brake fluid into the motor. They replaced the caliper and the motor, and the issue seems to be resolved.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Following…maybe disconnect battery for awhile, trickle charge it full then reconnect…battery voltage seems to cause weird stuff too…brake supposedly automatically disengages when put into a gear and moved.
Great advice, but it's ridiculous the troubleshooting for a new @Ford Motor Company Bronco is disconnecting the battery.
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: 0ne