Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure it has been gone over , but not having any luck .
How in the Heck , or what do we need to do to get On X to display on our screen? I have had zero luck trying to get this to happen
Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can get it on the screen but it doesn't function like it does on the phone screen.
Looks like it's zoomed in and none of the app functions work. Looks fine and functions normally on the phone screen.

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can project map &route to the screen, but that is it. No other functions.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First off, you must be using either CarPlay, Android Auto, or one of the Android wireless adapters (more on this below)

When using the built-in CarPlay/Android Auto - you are kind of at the mercy of OnX for this

OnX has to use those interfaces to display on your vehicle screen. So OnX knows it's not displaying on the phone and will show you something they think is optimized for in-vehicle use. They are designing for the lowest common denominator there, I don't know if the API tells the developer the size of the screen that is available or not, but there are some strict rules regarding what you can put on there to prevent distractions and such.

Now, if you decide to go the wireless adapter route - these are usually Android devices that are sold to add Wireless CarPlay/AA to systems that don't already have wireless. Now - why would you want this when Sync4 already has wireless capability? These also allow you to straight mirror your phone to the screen via AirPlay/ChromeCast - so you get exactly what is on your phone and bypass the CarPlay/Android Auto restrictions.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an iPad mini I use for OnX. I have it in a holder on my dash. It works great. I use Google maps in satellite mode on the small screen.

Sponsored

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I use Apple Carplay and OnX (just this weekend actually), and yes, there are some differences in what you can see and do on the vehicle display and what can be done on the phone (tablet). However, we were definitely able to navigate our planned route using the vehicle touch display, we were also able to change views (zoom, pan, recenter, tilt for 3D, etc.).

Note: I was navigating for the ride (SCAR Segment 5) and was using both my phone and the vehicle display which proved very beneficial. It was our first time out using OnX and Carplay on a planned route, so I'm still learning the details.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First off, you must be using either CarPlay, Android Auto, or one of the Android wireless adapters (more on this below)

When using the built-in CarPlay/Android Auto - you are kind of at the mercy of OnX for this

OnX has to use those interfaces to display on your vehicle screen. So OnX knows it's not displaying on the phone and will show you something they think is optimized for in-vehicle use. They are designing for the lowest common denominator there, I don't know if the API tells the developer the size of the screen that is available or not, but there are some strict rules regarding what you can put on there to prevent distractions and such.

Now, if you decide to go the wireless adapter route - these are usually Android devices that are sold to add Wireless CarPlay/AA to systems that don't already have wireless. Now - why would you want this when Sync4 already has wireless capability? These also allow you to straight mirror your phone to the screen via AirPlay/ChromeCast - so you get exactly what is on your phone and bypass the CarPlay/Android Auto restrictions.
What adapter have you used successfully with your Bronco. And do you have an 8" or 12" screen? I tried Carlinkit 5.0 but it did not seem to operate any different from Sync 4.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I use a surface with dash mount

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, what? Admittedly, I haven’t explored much of the on-screen capabilities, but are you saying we can somehow project-airplay on the screen like you can with appleTV?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I sometimes still have issues with programmable remotes…

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait, what? Admittedly, I haven’t explored much of the on-screen capabilities, but are you saying we can somehow project-airplay on the screen like you can with appleTV?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I sometimes still have issues with programmable remotes…
Only with a third party adapter

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What adapter have you used successfully with your Bronco. And do you have an 8" or 12" screen? I tried Carlinkit 5.0 but it did not seem to operate any different from Sync 4.
I haven’t used one personally so I can’t make any specific recommendations but there are threads here where folks have, if you search around a bit

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use Apple Carplay and OnX (just this weekend actually), and yes, there are some differences in what you can see and do on the vehicle display and what can be done on the phone (tablet). However, we were definitely able to navigate our planned route using the vehicle touch display, we were also able to change views (zoom, pan, recenter, tilt for 3D, etc.).

Note: I was navigating for the ride (SCAR Segment 5) and was using both my phone and the vehicle display which proved very beneficial. It was our first time out using OnX and Carplay on a planned route, so I'm still learning the details.
This!

yeah the CarPlay OnX functionality is limited. Works well for following a route or just keeping pace with your location if no route.

But works best when used alongside your phone or tablet to pan/zoom to explore adjacent areas.

nothing special required. Just connect your phone using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
Sponsored