Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-150, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My worst mod was the Ford door sill protectors that the cute girl at the dealer talked me into. Luckily they were paid for by Ford points, so no out of pocket expense. They look nice enough but don’t cover the area that actually gets foot traffic while getting in and out.

The best thing was getting rid of the General Grabber tires that are stock on the BD. I live on a gravel road and every time I pulled onto the pavement it sounded like the rocker panels were being rock-blasted. I put on some Toyo Open Trail RT tires and the flying rocks went away. Because of that I probably don’t need mudflaps any more, but they are there already so I’ll leave them.
Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fifteen52 range hd wheels in bronze, didn't realize they were discontinuing them so soon.

Now will be near impossible in the future to find a replacement unless someone has some extra stock somewhere.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I found someone on Etsy that sold marine grade black vinyl sticks to cover them.
Sticker Fab is on here and makes them, it's a simple mod and easy to do.
Probably a lot less regrettable than spraypaint as you can peel them back off if you want.

Uhhh, you do know that it has never been nor will it ever go off road, right?????????
No, this is the kind of person that regularly drives across the median to turn around or jumps across to the service road to avoid traffic jams because it's an "offroad" vehicle, but somehow manages to get stuck anyway.

BWarned

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me it’s going to be the KBD fender flares. I love the look but the stupid 3m tape keeps separating leaving gaps (if you have them you know what I mean). I’ve tried replacing it several times with different tapes, used adhesion promoter, etc but it still is separating.

Sponsored

FootPain

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BB 17 Explorer 04 Mach 1 98 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The biggest regret I have mod wise is the Mishimoto intake and snorkel combo. At the time I had in my head all these grand adventures of overlanding and that I'd need the snorkel and why not buy the intake as well.
6 months later the snorkel is still in the box and I think I'll be removing the intake because it's rubbing against my favorite mod (ARB compressor) because I didn't look into clearance issues first. Waste of money imo. Close 2nd is the RCI roof rack.

PXL_20240108_211626594.MP.jpg

PXL_20240108_211626594.MP.jpg

PXL_20240108_211641293.jpg

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Flowmaster Exhaust! I've put it on and taken it off 3 times now. I put it on when my wife goes out of town since the sound and highway volume don't bother me "too much". But with the exhaust on and her in the passenger seat, the exhaust volume, mixed with the already loud interior as well as having to turn up the radio to overcome the "noise" is too much for a peaceful ride. The noise can be fun at times but I would have rather spent the money on something I'd use 100% of the time.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is unfortunate. I've seen a "hack" that you use pure acetone to remove the sticker. I've never been brave enough to try it, for a fear of the irreversible damage that may come with it.

I addressed this issue and potential UV fading of the visors from having the top off all the time, with MOLLE visor covers that Invictus Offroad (used to?) sell. Their shopify site is offline and the FB page - they haven't posted since June of 2023... Invictus Offroad

Great product though, love my visor covers!

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nah, that grille is neat, haven't seen one like that. There is this mexican restaurant in San Diego called Lucha Libre with a wrestling theme and I thought of this when I saw the grille.

Ford Bronco No Ragrets- which mod do you wish you hadn’t? PXL_20240108_211641293

(not me, lol)

I love the 'glades/ heritage wheels, and this truck is just enough white for me, a white top would be too much.

The restaurant is great btw, and believe them when they say the hot salsa is hot.
Thanks for the compliments, I may look at it differently now lol! When the wife and I make it to California I am going to check out that restaurant!!

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Flowmaster Exhaust! I've put it on and taken it off 3 times now. I put it on when my wife goes out of town since the sound and highway volume don't bother me "too much". But with the exhaust on and her in the passenger seat, the exhaust volume, mixed with the already loud interior as well as having to turn up the radio to overcome the "noise" is too much for a peaceful ride. The noise can be fun at times but I would have rather spent the money on something I'd use 100% of the time.
Thank you, I needed to hear this! I keep contemplating an exhaust, but I know from past experiences I will end up not liking it. I will spend my money on something else!

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am taking this thread a little more liberally in it's intent... I wish I hadn't leased. Not for any other reason other than it's conclusion. With how stupid and terrible loan rates are now I am genuinely pissed I have to get one at the end of the year for something I already have.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me it's the Bam BYOD rail from Archetype Racing. I agree that It's really well made and looks great, but having to take the ends off to slide accessories on it is a big pain when in fact, they could have elevated the main rail above the end caps similar to the Tap Rail they sell, so that the accessories could just slide on and lock in place without disassembling it.. I hope they can rectify it soon.
I have the BAM rail and haven’t had to disassemble to add any new accessories. What kind of accessories are you using and how are you connecting?

The BAM is basically made to use a 20mm ball. I use 67 Designs for my arms and accessory holders and just fit the ball bolt through the hole, screw tight below and then add the arm. It’s easy and nothing moves or rattles.

My end pieces are adheisive attached almost permanently because I added better 3M double sided tape.

The Archetype BAM rail is expensive and takes forever to ship, but it’s a great holder for offroading. Phone, camera, nor radio has ever fallen either Which is amazing at times.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bestop Skyrider.

I'm actually working on a video regarding this topic right now, but it just does not fit into my life or what I want to do with the Bronco.
  • With the top open everything in your Bronco that isn't strapped down starting flying around above 45 MPH.
  • With the top closed, you still have the increased wind/road noise—makes it difficult to talk with my family on family road trips. Last trip we sat in silence for nearly 3 hours because it was too annoying to try to talk to each other.
  • Wife and daughters all hate it, their hair/books/toys/whatever starts flying everywhere. Which means I can only use it when I'm driving solo.
  • I need to use a roof rack for skiing in the winter and camping in the summer. So that leaves the spring and the fall... and realistically I can only use it during fall—spring is either rain or massive amounts of pollen. Luckily I don't have allergies, but I don't care to coat every inch of my Bronco in a fine yellow dust.
It's a great product and I really want to like it. I tried to force myself to like it. But I think it's time to admit it just won't work for me.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love mine. I have 2 phone mounts (driver and passenger), a walkie mount, 2 gopro mounts(using quick release scope mounts), and a tablet mount, and it's been extremely solid. I also added the SLAP mount that replaces the plastic in the center dash.
Ford Bronco No Ragrets- which mod do you wish you hadn’t? PXL_20240108_211641293
So.... I'm gonna need a list of where you got those mounts, just installed the BAM rail a few days ago and do not have any mounts for it yet. :D
Sponsored