Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Aside from the fact that most Raptors will never see dirt, why would someone spend $100k on a Raptor, presumably for all the Raptor suspension components, and then start throwing on aftermarket stuff? Are we thinking the Raptor engineers overlooked something on the bump stops?
raptors mod plenty, just look at the f150 raptor forums. or better yet, contact expeditionoffroad, a group that does raptor runs in baja often. a big point of failure on raptors is top hat failure and in the early days, bent frames. this solution helps with both issues. the raptor can be pushed pretty far, then theres those that want to push them farther.

with that said, great execution you guys!
Sponsored

OP
OP
GregFoutz

GregFoutz

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foutzmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco, 21 ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Huh, thought you would really have to fully compress out your suspension to really use them.
the front contacts sooner and helps dampen the up travel about 5 inches before bottom. the rear is more direct and only the last 2.5 inches of travel get the bump stop but due to the 1:1 ratio that rear bump provides more resistance. But we have found that the trails out here in Arizona you will use the rear bump stops quite a bit and it takes the harshness out of it when you make a little mistake or go a little too hard through a rain rut or something.

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have a rear kit for the reuglar bronco already. We have a front kit but I havent finished the stock lower arm parts for that front bump kit. Currently the front only works with our fabricated lower arm setup. But I will make the stock arm parts pretty soon to get the front on a regular bronco.

https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/co...n-mig-welded-ads-bump-stop-2-1-dia-x-2-travel
Hey Greg!

I want to used your bump stop kit with a king bump stop any suggestions or recommendations on where I should start or look for which bump stop with work with this kit?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

the front contacts sooner and helps dampen the up travel about 5 inches before bottom. the rear is more direct and only the last 2.5 inches of travel get the bump stop but due to the 1:1 ratio that rear bump provides more resistance. But we have found that the trails out here in Arizona you will use the rear bump stops quite a bit and it takes the harshness out of it when you make a little mistake or go a little too hard through a rain rut or something.
Any concerns with using these bump stop kits with the Eibach or Hyperco leveling/lift springs?

Sponsored
OP
OP
GregFoutz

GregFoutz

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foutzmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any concerns with using these bump stop kits with the Eibach or Hyperco leveling/lift springs?
no. I have the hypercoil springs on my Bronco Raptor right now. All good to work with those, and I would reccomend using this kit to get the limit strap addition when using the heavier springs. the top hats on the front shocks are similar to the F150 version and we have seen failures on those with the aftermarket springs, so the limit strap provides some protection for that.

OP
OP
GregFoutz

GregFoutz

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foutzmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey Greg!

I want to used your bump stop kit with a king bump stop any suggestions or recommendations on where I should start or look for which bump stop with work with this kit?
you can just order the kit with FOX, KING, or ADS bumps on the website. there is a drop down box toward the bottom under the description text to pick which one you want.

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
you can just order the kit with FOX, KING, or ADS bumps on the website. there is a drop down box toward the bottom under the description text to pick which one you want.
Hey Greg I only saw ads or fox as options but no Kings.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GregFoutz

GregFoutz

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foutzmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry for not clarifying I meant for the regular bronco and not the braptor.
the regular bronco rear bump stop kit we made with the ADS bumps only (they have a 2.1" OD and its unique) and have an updated version coming out very soon for that which is adjustable and you can use any bump stop in that kit. Sorry for the confusion there.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@GregFoutz - Do you have a pic of the front mount before it's welded on? I'd like to show it to my welder so he can see what I'm asking him to do. Looks to be pretty simple to me, but a pic would be helpful.

OP
OP
GregFoutz

GregFoutz

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foutzmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@GregFoutz - Do you have a pic of the front mount before it's welded on? I'd like to show it to my welder so he can see what I'm asking him to do. Looks to be pretty simple to me, but a pic would be helpful.
Here are a couple of CAD screen shots for you. Does that get you what you need?

Ford Bronco ***** NEW BRONCO RAPTOR - BUMP STOP KITS ***** 1714062006343-7r

Ford Bronco ***** NEW BRONCO RAPTOR - BUMP STOP KITS ***** 1714062023979-cf

Ford Bronco ***** NEW BRONCO RAPTOR - BUMP STOP KITS ***** 1714062476711-r6

Ford Bronco ***** NEW BRONCO RAPTOR - BUMP STOP KITS ***** 1714063874819-q2

Rosalieee

Raptor
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, BMW M3 Competition X-Drive