First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the info. I have a Dec. 2022 build, 2023 model year. Is there anyway to tell if available - other that going to the dealer?
I called and gave my VIN to the advisor to look up.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I called and gave my VIN to the advisor to look up.
There’s no way for an advisor to know what updates are available. The only way to see if an update is available is by hooking up FDRS.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
There’s no way for an advisor to know what updates are available. The only way to see if an update is available is by hooking up FDRS.
Just got home from the dealer and had the update performed on my early 23 build 2 door. Do not know why he said update was available for my vin unless he looked it up as year make model ect.
Either way it was a successful!

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tried to get my servicing dealer to do the update when I got my first oil change just 3 weeks ago. Straight up said it couldn't be done cause I have an early 2023.

Lied, and made an excuse, even though I told them exactly what I read on here.

I would love it to be done. Wish I could update the DDM and PDM myself.
Same story here; was in for inspection, asked for the update to be performed, they said it's for 2023+ model years only and nothing available for mine...

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same story here; was in for inspection, asked for the update to be performed, they said it's for 2023+ model years only and nothing available for mine...
Sounds like they might’ve not even checked for an available update. Which isn’t really their fault. Ford has not confirmed any update is available yet. The SSM just says they’re working on making it available for vehicles built before 7/12/23

Sponsored

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a couple threads that talk about this window drop update. It occurred from the factory during Job 2 builds this year. There's a thread that talks about the update to prior models being available for the 4D, but I haven't seen the 2D mentioned yet.

Any word on post July '22 2doors getting this great upgrade?

Specifically, what 2doors does this upgrade work on ('21 -'22 -pre July 23) 2doors????
Any help would be greatly appreciated....
Thanks?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any word on post July '22 2doors getting this great upgrade?

Specifically, what 2doors does this upgrade work on ('21 -'22 -pre July 23) 2doors????
Any help would be greatly appreciated....
Thanks?
Not able to install to any (2-door or 4-door) prior to July 23, as of yet. OASIS (system used to apply) tells the tech there are no updates available.

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not able to install to any (2-door or 4-door) prior to July 23, as of yet. OASIS (system used to apply) tells the tech there are no updates available.
I got this update installed on my 2022 Black Diamond back in October 2023. I think it’s spotty whether it’s available based on specific trim level and perhaps other things.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The update is available on most broncos prior to July 12 2023. Vehicles built on or after 7/12/23 have it from the factory.

Oasis doesn’t mention anything about this anymore.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took delivery April of 2023 so I bet this is a recent feature. Maybe a Job 2 update?

I wonder if a dealership can reprogram 2023 Job 1 vehicles?
Yes a dealer can do this. You may be able to do this via Forscan as well. All you have to do is update the DDM and PDM modules. If the short drop function does not work after the reprograms you just have to complete the window initialization. I've done a few of these reprograms at the dealership for customers

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was not an OTA, I performed the update using a J2534 OBD adapter and getting a FDRS 2 day subscription.
Thanks! That's what I wanted to know. I'm hesitant to go to dealers for anything so I might go that route.
Sponsored