cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes a dealer can do this. You may be able to do this via Forscan as well. All you have to do is update the DDM and PDM modules. If the short drop function does not work after the reprograms you just have to complete the window initialization. I've done a few of these reprograms at the dealership for customers
Would love to know, I have Forscan but I think I need another adapter for FDRS. But, I'm thinking I might bite the bullet and get set up for FDRS anyway because their are going to be other things I'll want ;)
Sponsored

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2023 Bronco Raptor does not have this feature so what is going on?

Watch the video below at the 4:10 min mark. When did Ford start doing this on 2023 Broncos?

We have a 2023 Badlands and ours does have this feature all four windows do.

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes a dealer can do this. You may be able to do this via Forscan as well. All you have to do is update the DDM and PDM modules. If the short drop function does not work after the reprograms you just have to complete the window initialization. I've done a few of these reprograms at the dealership for customers
Is the window initialization just the up down two second hold thing? Just tried that after updating DDM and PDM, but no dice.

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes the initialization is just the up and down. Did you hold at full open and full close
Yup, tried that and then also tried running the initialization through FDRS. No dice either way.

Sponsored

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup! One for each, DDM & PDM.
Yours would be the first 4 door I’ve seen the update hasn’t worked for. I’m in the same boat, my 2 door doesn’t have any update available either and I still don’t have this. I’m really curious why that is.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yours would be the first 4 door I’ve seen the update hasn’t worked for. I’m in the same boat, my 2 door doesn’t have any update available either and I still don’t have this. I’m really curious why that is.
Yeah if I remember correctly reading somewhere on OASIS or FMCDealer the update is not available for the 2 doors. I’ve done about 5 4dr reprograms this week alone and the only issue I have is sometimes it’s gets stuck. Do the initialization and it works. I don’t know what to really tell coadr.

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah if I remember correctly reading somewhere on OASIS or FMCDealer the update is not available for the 2 doors. I’ve done about 5 4dr reprograms this week alone and the only issue I have is sometimes it’s gets stuck. Do the initialization and it works. I don’t know what to really tell coadr.
Tbh I've got some other problems too. I haven't gotten a software update in general since Jan 31 2023. Been using a VCX Nano but apparently people advise against that now. Not excited to pull the trigger on a Mongoose cable but seems like what's needed now.

Sponsored

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tbh I've got some other problems too. I haven't gotten a software update in general since Jan 31 2023. Been using a VCX Nano but apparently people advise against that now. Not excited to pull the trigger on a Mongoose cable but seems like what's needed now.
What’s your VIN? I’ll take a look at your connected data and see if I see anything weird. Just PM me when you’re ready. I have never used those cables I just use my VCM3

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s your VIN? I’ll take a look at your connected data and see if I see anything weird. Just PM me when you’re ready. I have never used those cables I just use my VCM3
Will do now

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I never saw that message but I have seen a few 2 door owners on here claim that the DDM/PDM update has worked for their 21-22. I’ve pretty much just given up on it at this point. It would be nice to have, but I also don’t really need it.

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So just in case anyone else comes across this thread, Jesse over on the F150 forum confirmed that all my data on the backend is really screwed up due to updating with the VCX nano. So word to the wise is avoid that like the plague.

That's also why the window down function doesn't work after the update.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never saw that message but I have seen a few 2 door owners on here claim that the DDM/PDM update has worked for their 21-22. I’ve pretty much just given up on it at this point. It would be nice to have, but I also don’t really need it.
Yesterday I had my dealership plug in FDRS to my 2 door *july '22*(SASQ LUX Badlands), and in the Toolbox opened FDRS software update column he specifically looked for DDM and PDM updates and could not see any listed.
**** I gave him the pics bellow so he knew what to look for***

So I'm in your camp, with a 2door with NO .... PDM DDM updates. Thus have to live without this key Fob (window slightly down) when unlocked.
Not happy!!!:(

****Pics are of a 4 door where the DDM AND PDM UPDATES do actually show up.****

ARE THERE ANY 2 DOORS WHERE THESE FDRS UPDATES ACTUALLY SHOW UP!!!!!

If so, tell us the secret to your success. (maybe ....year/month buildate... options... maybe that is the determining upgrade factor for the 2doors????)

INQUIRING MINDS???

Ford Bronco New 2023 window down feature? Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 11.54.12 AM

Ford Bronco New 2023 window down feature? Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 11.55.32 AM
Sponsored

Last edited: