Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’ve run into a dilemma with installing a cargo/fridge slide

Installing requires removal and replacement of the factory bolts holding the cargo tie downs with threaded standoffs. However it seems one of my weld nuts/threading on the bolt hole is misaligned so when threading the stand off (or replacing the factory bolt) it sits at a very askew angle

so what are my options here?

IMG_5096.jpeg
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.

It looks like a rivnut. If the hammer method breaks it loose, just pull it out and install a new rivnut yourself- that way you can make sure it's aligned properly. But if you have to replace it make sure you pound the metal flat again.

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to add to @KABQ's suggestion. There are other things you can try, but that is where I would start.

I would use a separate bolt to do the alignment with. Those stand-offs don't look that sturdy.

Take the stand-off to Home Depot, use their bolt sizer, and buy a Grade 8 bolt of the same size. Last thing you want to do is have to extract a broken stud from a rivnut.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I’ve run into a dilemma with installing a cargo/fridge slide

Installing requires removal and replacement of the factory bolts holding the cargo tie downs with threaded standoffs. However it seems one of my weld nuts/threading on the bolt hole is misaligned so when threading the stand off (or replacing the factory bolt) it sits at a very askew angle

so what are my options here?

IMG_5096.jpeg
I don't know your options, but you should win some sort of award for most threads about bolts with least follow up (6 threads since 2023, 4 focused on bolts, and a total of 9 messages). I wish you luck!

Ford Bronco Need suggestions with a misaligning factory thread tap Screenshot 2024-06-29 23.48.02

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nacl_Wander

Nacl_Wander

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol I actually sheared off one in the process of installing. None of the threads for those cargo tie downs feel particularly great but besides the lopsided one there was another that was a pain.
Sponsored