Sponsored

Need help and advice with suspension, wheels and tires!!!!!

23BDBigSean

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello B6G members,

I’m looking for some help and insight here, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a non-Sas 23 Black Diamond which I am looking to upgrade the suspension, wheels and tires to get closer to what is offered with the Sasquatch package.

I am looking primarily for a more aggressive stance and more comfortable on road driving as well as bolstering my rig for light off roading, nothing too crazy. I am looking to keep the ride height and pricing in the range of the Sasquatch setup- which when I ordered my Black Diamond was around $5,500.

I’ve read through a lot of posts and threads on what others have done and if someone could provide some insight if my list of below options will achieve the look and capabilities I want, that would be super helpful- because I have yet to find a “lifting your Bronco for dummies”😉 book....

Lift & Suspension
I was originally looking at the yellow Bilstein Sas takeoffs for around $800 from a forum member but have since found another member selling a set of rear Bilstein 6100 shocks for $400- which is a good price from what I’ve researched. I would obviously just need to buy the front shocks. I’m just not sure if I can use the coils on my current suspension, or would need to purchase new coils? So ultimately would it be better to go with the 6100s or stick with my original plan of getting the yellow Bilstein Sas take offs- either new or used?

Bilstein 6100s
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bsn-24-325561

From what I’ve read I don’t need a full on lift kit but the Zone 2” spacer kit would work with my proposed setup and be more cost effective. I am 6'3" and currently have the factory hoop steps but at my height there is currently no need for me to use the steps so I kind of awkwardly slide into the drivers seat lol I only got them for my gf to get in and out but had plans to lift the Bronco after the fact since Sasquatch was not an option offered when I placed my order.

Zone 2” spacer
https://zoneoffroad.com/products/2-in-lift-kit-bronco-2021-ford-bronco?variant=41615185412184

Tires & wheels
Ideally I would like a little tire poke and more aggressive stance, so I want to be sure this wheel combo have the correct offset. I am really sold on the bronze six spoke- I think that combo looks awesome on the Cactus Grey.

Wheels-RT112 - Six Spoke Classic – Rocktrix Offroad in matte bronze- these have a +12 offset so from what it says on the website this will give me 1" of tire poke over the factory wheel/tire setup

As far as tires go I do know that I want to go with 35s and I am looking for recommendations to keep it around $1,500 or less for five tires- if that’s unreasonable and I need to go higher so be it, but that’s where I’d like to start. I have already removed the crash bars in preperation.

Thank you in advance!!
Sean
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lift & Suspension
I was originally looking at the yellow Bilstein Sas takeoffs for around $800 from a forum member but have since found another member selling a set of rear Bilstein 6100 shocks for $400- which is a good price from what I’ve researched. I would obviously just need to buy the front shocks. I’m just not sure if I can use the coils on my current suspension, or would need to purchase new coils? So ultimately would it be better to go with the 6100s or stick with my original plan of getting the yellow Bilstein Sas take offs- either new or used?
You will need new coils -OR- Bilstein 6112s, which are effectively 6100s with springs.

I personally wouldn't buy Bilstein take-offs unless you can find them sub-$1000. But I'm sure others would disagree.

But there are tons of options out there. These guys, for example, are a good option if you have a bucket of FordPass points sitting around.
From what I’ve read I don’t need a full on lift kit but the Zone 2” spacer kit would work with my proposed setup and be more cost effective. I am 6'3" and currently have the factory hoop steps but at my height there is currently no need for me to use the steps so I kind of awkwardly slide into the drivers seat lol I only got them for my gf to get in and out but had plans to lift the Bronco after the fact since Sasquatch was not an option offered when I placed my order.
The 6100/6112s already have a lift over factory ride high so I'm not sure why you're looking at spacers. Unless you're looking at potentially skipping the suspension upgrade and only going with spacers?
As far as tires go I do know that I want to go with 35s and I am looking for recommendations to keep it around $1,500 or less for five tires- if that’s unreasonable and I need to go higher so be it, but that’s where I’d like to start. I have already removed the crash bars in preperation.
Definitely possible if you find tires on-sale or used.

New will be tricky. Most 35s are in the $325 - $350 range (if not a little higher). Add on mounting/balancing and you'll probably be closer to $1800 ±$200.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sas suspension is only 1.1" of lift. You can run 35" on .6" of lift (Badlands non-sas) with the correct off-set rims.

OP
OP
23BDBigSean

23BDBigSean

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You will need new coils -OR- Bilstein 6112s, which are effectively 6100s with springs.

I personally wouldn't buy Bilstein take-offs unless you can find them sub-$1000. But I'm sure others would disagree.

But there are tons of options out there. These guys, for example, are a good option if you have a bucket of FordPass points sitting around.

The 6100/6112s already have a lift over factory ride high so I'm not sure why you're looking at spacers. Unless you're looking at potentially skipping the suspension upgrade and only going with spacers?

Definitely possible if you find tires on-sale or used.

New will be tricky. Most 35s are in the $325 - $350 range (if not a little higher). Add on mounting/balancing and you'll probably be closer to $1800 ±$200.
thank you for all that info!
I wasn’t sure if I would need the spacers in addition to the shocks, just seen what others had done, so that saves me a hundred bucks…

I figured the tires would be a bit more and now that I checked discount tire again idk what I had for the settings at before because initially I saw they had ko2s for $270 each but they are definitely not that cheap.

I do have 42k in FordPass points from purchasing the Bronco so that will save some $$ using those on the ford performance shocks.
The member selling the rear 6100s are brand new for $400 but if I have to get the springs and the front set, it may just be cheaper to use the ford points and get those.

very insightful thank you 🙏

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
low mileage Sasquatch take offs would do what ya want the cheapest but also not as good as a Eibach/bilstien 6100 or wildtrack fox takeoffs which are what I would be looking for to meet your goal. I would stay around +20 offset with your non Sasquatch flares. Good luck

Sponsored

TxCatalystMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Porsche 911 CarreraS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello B6G members,

I’m looking for some help and insight here, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a non-Sas 23 Black Diamond which I am looking to upgrade the suspension, wheels and tires to get closer to what is offered with the Sasquatch package.

I am looking primarily for a more aggressive stance and more comfortable on road driving as well as bolstering my rig for light off roading, nothing too crazy. I am looking to keep the ride height and pricing in the range of the Sasquatch setup- which when I ordered my Black Diamond was around $5,500.

I’ve read through a lot of posts and threads on what others have done and if someone could provide some insight if my list of below options will achieve the look and capabilities I want, that would be super helpful- because I have yet to find a “lifting your Bronco for dummies”😉 book....

Lift & Suspension

Bilstein 6100s

Zone 2” spacer
https://zoneoffroad.com/products/2-in-lift-kit-bronco-2021-ford-bronco?variant=41615185412184

Tires & wheels
Ideally I would like a little tire poke and more aggressive stance, so I want to be sure this wheel combo have the correct offset. I am really sold on the bronze six spoke- I think that combo looks awesome on the Cactus Grey.

Wheels-RT112 - Six Spoke Classic – Rocktrix Offroad in matte bronze- these have a +12 offset so from what it says on the website this will give me 1" of tire poke over the factory wheel/tire setup

Thank you in advance!!
Sean
Sean,

I have a set of the Bilsteins off of my 2022 Wildtrak with the Readylift
Hello B6G members,

Lift & Suspension

Bilstein 6100s

Zone 2” spacer

Tires & wheels

Thank you in advance!!
Sean
Sean, I have a set of Bilsteins off of my 2022 Wildtrak with the 1.25" Readylift leveling kit taking up room in my garage. $200 + shipping and they're yours. I'm south of Houston in the Clear Lake area. Contact me if interested.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have purchased a good quantity of Ford Performance parts. Every kit I've received has been packaged extremely well, came with great installation instructions, and FP's 1-800 number has been helpful.

If I had a non-sas Bronco, it would be this or drop the cash on a Fox 3.0 setup.

Lil Blue Mule

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the OEM Sasquatch Bilstein coil over front and rear, upper and lower OEM trailing links, OEM track bar, Zone upper control arms, and top coil over spacers to level the front. Ran 35x12.50 Ridge Grapplers with no rubbing, on the factory wheels. Unfortunately I do not have a photo of the week I ran them before my methods arrived. The whole set up is available if you’re interested.

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0083.jpeg

OP
OP
23BDBigSean

23BDBigSean

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also have a non-Sas 23 Black Diamond. Opted for Method 703 (17x8.5 / +35 offset) and Ford Performance Coilovers. Also - Toyo OC AT3 (35 x 12.5)
Ford Bronco Need help and advice with suspension, wheels and tires!!!!! IMG_0083
Ford Bronco Need help and advice with suspension, wheels and tires!!!!! IMG_0083
Every time I see the EG I love it more and more, just wish I saw more of them in person before I picked mine but I’m happy with the Cactus Grey

Sponsored
OP
OP
23BDBigSean

23BDBigSean

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the OEM Sasquatch Bilstein coil over front and rear, upper and lower OEM trailing links, OEM track bar, Zone upper control arms, and top coil over spacers to level the front. Ran 35x12.50 Ridge Grapplers with no rubbing, on the factory wheels. Unfortunately I do not have a photo of the week I ran them before my methods arrived. The whole set up is available if you’re interested.

I love those tires, have been looking at all kinds of Nittos- where did you get yours?

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Need help and advice with suspension, wheels and tires!!!!! 1000003905

I absolutely love my Ford Performance lift kit. The ride quality is excellent both on and off-road.

Look at Kendas for 35" tires. Very good tires for a good price.

You can also try to find some take off Sasquatch tires or other 315s from other vehicles.

The oem Sasquatch shocks are very low quality. I'd skip them.

Lil Blue Mule

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Discount tire. I ordered them before it was even built
This is my current on road set up. Personally, I prefer the Nittos to these Micky Thompsons. But that’s why there many manufacturers and tires because everyone likes what they like
IMG_5745.jpeg

IMG_5743.jpeg
Sponsored