Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Photos of the RC 12K synthetic winch, RC high winch mount and new performance wheels installed.

Photos:
Ford Bronco My 2023 Bronco Badlands 2DR Build data

Mods completed to date:

• Ford Performance Badlands Bead Lock Capable 17x8 Wheels 5ea
  • Ford Safari Bar
  • Rough Country 12,000 LB synthetic winch
  • Rough Country High Winch Mount
  • 1.5" KSP Wheel spacers. 1.75" Bora spacers are on the way and will replace these
  • Zone Off-Road 1" front leveling kit
  • Rough Country Rock Sliders
  • Bikini Top (wont be on until the rain settles down a bit - prob a month or so)
  • Auto Stop Eliminator
I am currently waiting on the Ford Performance Bead Lock rings for the wheels. The dealer had no ETA for them.

Future plans: (the 1st two are mandatory and will be done quickly as I won't go offroad w/o them)
  • Tie Rod Upgrade (sleeves or entire replacements)
  • ARB Air Compressor or a MoorFlate system. I am leaning towards the Moorflate
  • Tailgate Fold Down Table
  • 285/75R17 Tires to bump me up to 34's
  • 12" Screen upgrade kit from infotainment
  • Midland MTX275 GMRS system with ghost antenna
Other items and gear I have. Most are transfers from my old Jeep:
  • Camping gear. Tent, sleeping bag, cot, stove, cooking gear etc.
  • Recovery gear. Tree saver, snatch block, soft shackles etc.
  • Garmin InReach Mini 2
  • Midland GMRS handheld radio
  • Yeti Cooler
  • Tire Deflators

Last edited:
OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went ahead and ordered new 285/75R17 tires... I went with Toyo Open Country A/T III - C rated. I am able to order through shopmyexchange and got them for a good price, no shipping cost and no sales tax..

Having said that, I was going to order some Goodyear Duratrac Wranglers but decided on the Toyo's instead. I have a 15% off discount code for Goodyear tires if anyone wants it. I believe it only works online at Goodyear official website and it's not something you can bring into a Goodyear store and use but I could be wrong.

Not sure when, or even if, it expires but I know it works as of now.. Please only ask for it if you are going to use it..

Mods, if this is not allowed then please don't throw me in Bronco6G jail and just delete this portion of the post instead. 😬

I only have the one code so I will strike through this when/if the code is claimed. PM me if you'd like the code.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's been a busy few days..
  • Got the 285/75R17 (34's) mounted, balanced and slapped on
  • Put the Bora 1.75" Wheel Spacers on
  • Put hardtop into storage
  • Put the BroncoBikini on
I had to remove both the front and rear crash bars from the front of the Bronco as I was getting rubbing at both ends. Not a big deal but an extra step along the way. I assume the rubbing was due to a combo of the 34's and the slightly wider spacers.

Photos:

Bikini Top (sorry for the cruddy image). No flapping at 70 MPH on freeway:

Bora 1.75" Spacer Poke:

Up next is a 10LB Power Tank kit and the Infotainment 12" Screen upgrade kit. Both are ordered and waiting for arrival. These will be my final 2 major mods to the Bronco. After this, it will more than likely just be minor details, minor items, and minor upgrades..

Last edited:
OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered the Bronco 84pc tool kit:
Email them and they'll shoot you a 15% off discount code. It's the same kit as on Ford Accessories as they are Fords supplier of the kit.

I also added their grab handles in black.
Also considering this for when I go on overnight camping trips topless.
In my previous Jeep I use to do the same overnight camping topless.. A few times I'd find that critters got in overnight which I guess is expected. However, this one time, as I was driving off the trail, a snake came slithering out from under the pass side seat. Freaked me out and I almost crashed! LOL..

Pulled off to the side of the trail, found a stick and got it out but man that freaked me out.. Now I always take a stick and poke it around under the seats to make sure nothing is chillin' under them... 😨

My Power Tank kit is out for delivery so I might get it in today depending on when it's delivered. If not I'll slap it in tomorrow and drop the tank off to get filled.

Also, and I am pumped for this one, my 12" Infotainment screen upgrade kit has shipped! Waaaaaaaay ahead of the scheduled timeline I was given! I ordered 2 weeks ago and was told 6 to 8 weeks!

https://infotainment.com/shop/inter...ade-with-wireless-apple-carplay-android-auto/

While the install looks straight forward and the kit even contains a new dash, I am going to have their recommended installer do it. I was quoted $300 for the install so that sounds fair to me...

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the Power Tank installed.. The only PIA was getting the bolts and their spacers to line up with the holes in the floorboard. I also know I had a T40 as I purchased it for the bumper but it's MIA so I had to go buy another..

Need to drop the tank off tomorrow to get filled.. My goofy and crappy little lock I purchased off Amazon appears to do the trick. Does not really rattle around or bounce of the tank or the metal bracket.

Infotainment 12" radio upgrade kit is scheduled for delivery Tuesday next week. I have appointment with an authorized install for Thursday.

It will be the last of my major mods..

Power Tank photos:

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had the 12" Infotainment screen, new APIM module and the new dash upgrade installed today.

Holy cow what a difference the 12" screen makes over the 8"

The photos don't really do it justice but here is a before and after.

data.jpg

data.jpg

My build, or at least the bulk of it, is now pretty much complete. There will always be things added and changed but for the most part, it’s done!

Completed Mods:
  • Rough Country Rock Rails
  • Rough Country 12,000 Synthetic Winch
  • 1” Front Leveling Kit
  • 285/75/R17 (34”) Toyo Open Country A/T III
  • Ford Performance 17x8 Wheels
  • Ford Safari Bar
  • Power Tank 10LB System
  • Infotainment 12” Screen Upgrade Kit
  • Bikini Top
  • Bora 1.75” Wheel Spacers
  • Motley Grab Handles
  • Ford Rollup Tool Kit 84pc
  • RainGear Trail Cover
What’s left:
  • Midland MTX275 with antenna
  • Tie Rod Upgrade. (either new tie rods or sleeves)
I had a $10K budget for upgrades and mods and I am slightly over it. Luckily the remaining items on my list are not very costly. The 4 items that took the largest chunk from my budget were the Performance Wheels ($2500), the tires ($1500), the 12” Screen Upgrade Kit ($2200), and the Power Tank Kit ($900).

I spent about $700 on installers as I had the 1” front leveling kit professionally installed. The install with the alignment ran me about $450. I also paid for the 12” Infotainment system to be installed and that ran $230. It was about $150 to mount and balance the new tires.

I already have a ton of camping gear and winch recovery gear left over from when I had my Jeep so no need to rebuy any of it.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had the 12" Infotainment screen, new APIM module and the new dash upgrade installed today.

Holy cow what a difference the 12" screen makes over the 8"

The photos don't really do it justice but here is a before and after.

My build, or at least the bulk of it, is now pretty much complete. There will always be things added and changed but for the most part, it’s done!

Completed Mods:
  • Rough Country Rock Rails
  • Rough Country 12,000 Synthetic Winch
  • 1” Front Leveling Kit
  • 285/75/R17 (34”) Toyo Open Country A/T III
  • Ford Performance 17x8 Wheels
  • Ford Safari Bar
  • Power Tank 10LB System
  • Infotainment 12” Screen Upgrade Kit
  • Bikini Top
  • Bora 1.75” Wheel Spacers
  • Motley Grab Handles
  • Ford Rollup Tool Kit 84pc
  • RainGear Trail Cover
What’s left:
  • Midland MTX275 with antenna
  • Tie Rod Upgrade. (either new tie rods or sleeves)
I had a $10K budget for upgrades and mods and I am slightly over it. Luckily the remaining items on my list are not very costly. The 4 items that took the largest chunk from my budget were the Performance Wheels ($2500), the tires ($1500), the 12” Screen Upgrade Kit ($2200), and the Power Tank Kit ($900).

I spent about $700 on installers as I had the 1” front leveling kit professionally installed. The install with the alignment ran me about $450. I also paid for the 12” Infotainment system to be installed and that ran $230. It was about $150 to mount and balance the new tires.

I already have a ton of camping gear and winch recovery gear left over from when I had my Jeep so no need to rebuy any of it.
You were able to switch from the 8" to 12" screen?

Sponsored
OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to go with a Midland MXT275, antenna, mount kit etc for the Bronco but decided against it. I have and old Midland portable radio that's left over from the Jeep JK days. Battery life is horrendous and it's beat up.

I generally off-road solo and on the rare occasion when I meet up with others, I don't really need anything other than a portable for close'ish group communications..

My issue with most portables are battery life and weatherproofing..

During my research into a better portable, I found this and pre-ordered a single. It should be here tomorrow.

https://rockytalkie.com/products/5-watt-radio

Yes it is expensive for a 5 watt portable but it has very long battery life (multiple reviews confirm this) and it's IP67 weatherproof rated.

Before I purchased it, I inquired about a possible dash mount for the radio. They said they have a RAM compatible mount with an AMPS hole pattern that will release late May or early June.. I will 100% be ordering this for it when it drops..

This image sort of shows the dash mount.

Ford Bronco My 2023 Bronco Badlands 2DR Build Screenshot 2024-04-17 101519

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:
OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an awesome build! You've really made it your own and it looks amazing!
Thanks.. I had a general plan and idea of what I wanted to do with it and I've accomplished that so far.

I am looking forward to getting the 74weld kit and the Icon tie rods next week as that will solve the tie rods breaking on the trail issue many are having. Upgrading the tie rods only would put additional pressure on the steering rack thus causing it to fail instead.

I originally wanted to just do tie rods as the rack upgrade is expensive but after thinking it over, I decided that was a very bad idea as I'd rather have a broken tie rod on the trail as opposed to a busted steering rack.

The solution to solving both potential weak spots was the 74weld kit and the Icon tie rods.
Sponsored