Sponsored

MORRFlate vs Thor’s Lightning 4-tire air hose?

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have the Morrflate two tire version (didn’t want to put away four snakes) and a Morrflate portable compressor for 1-2 tires (wanted to use it on my motorcycles as well). Quality stuff.
Agreed, I run different pressure, front and rear of my other vehicles so the 2 tire system works great.
Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No experience with MorrFlate, however I do have the Thor 4 tire system and love the quality of the hoses. They're flexible at all temperatures and have a quality rubbery texture. Only drawback on both systems is the digital gauge. I wish they were analog so I don't have to worry about dead batteries. I may look to replace the gauge at some point.

Cajun Czar

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No experience with MorrFlate, however I do have the Thor 4 tire system and love the quality of the hoses. They're flexible at all temperatures and have a quality rubbery texture. Only drawback on both systems is the digital gauge. I wish they were analog so I don't have to worry about dead batteries. I may look to replace the gauge at some point.
I have to admit that is an issue with the MORRFlate. I have to take the batteries out after each trip due to the button sensitivity. Learned that the hard way. So what I do now is keep the batteries in a baggy in the pocket of the case and pull them out when I use the MORRFlate.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have to admit that is an issue with the MORRFlate. I have to take the batteries out after each trip due to the button sensitivity. Learned that the hard way. So what I do now is keep the batteries in a baggy in the pocket of the case and pull them out when I use the MORRFlate.
Good tip 👍

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked the MORRFlate owner why they didn't have an analog option—seems like a no-brainer to me. He gave a rather lengthy and somewhat insightful response if you care to read it.

I do agree with what he said, but I still think analog is the better option, the benefits of having a slightly inaccurate-but-working analog gauge outweigh a digital gauge with a dead battery in my opinion. Got an analog gauge with 1/4" NPT threads sitting next to me right now and will be swapping that in. (Luckily you can buy the MORRFlate kits without the digital gauge to save some cash.)

Sponsored

Jmanly

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Thor's system and mounted the compressor using their Refuge molle mount. The quality is very good.

Jfigueroa

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Tozalazz compressor and 4 tire system. Paid 380 total on Amazon and so far it’s worked as advertised. I’ve only used it a few times but no complaints so far.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Followed this DIY video which might be similar

Ford Bronco MORRFlate vs Thor’s Lightning 4-tire air hose? 20220407_064027

I think I spent around 100 bucks on it (I did have a few items already) though that was 18 months ago so not sure what the cost would be.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak,'24 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just bought the Thor system, with their 25% off Black Friday sale and had a coupon for an additional 10% off it was a great deal. I have a ARB under hood dual compressor, looking forward to be able to do all four tires at the same time.

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just as another option, I use EZ Flate Recoil system as it fits nicely in a packout. They also have the standard hose type but I always hated unrolling/rolling them.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Thors along with their extension. I imagine it's not much different than any others. Air up both Broncos from 15lbs to 35lbs in a few minutes. Lot of air passing through. I only had one issue with the ARB connection. It got so hot it did blow the hose at the connection. Finished with the spare ARB hose. Contacted Thor and they said they are changing the connection hose going forward (I was an early adopter). They sent a replacement no questions asked. I also like their fast connect chucks ALOT!!!

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have had my Morflate for going on 4 years now. It's great. I probably would have going with Tricky Dicks setup if it was available at the time. It's very similar, cheaper and he's a forum member.

I can air down all 4 tires from 30 to 15. I tend to run the rear just a little lower so I close the valve, take the fronts off and open it again to get to where I want it. Airing up with my ARB twin compressor is fast. My open complaint is putting it away. I may buy a 2 tire kit to keep in my First Edition and just permanently keep the 4 tire one in my 1970 Bronco.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got to meet all the Morrflate guys (Travis and company) at an event about 8 weeks ago, and go wheeling with them. Super nice guys they demo'd everything and they do a ton of free recovery at King of Hammers every year. I want to switch over to their stuff and would not hesitate to do business with them now or in the future. Geat guys that really live what they are selling.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the MORRFlate 10.6 with the four tire kit. The pump itself is great, if maybe a little pricy (not on sale). The digital gauge is trash, but apparently they're not the only ones that use it. I've been out with folks who have the Thors Lightning and I'd say they're very comparable right now.

Having said that, MORRFlate has a new version coming out sometime in the next few months that they announced on the Snail Trail podcast. Basically, they say the overheating and lack of depressurization for the compressor should be a thing of the past. So they'll last longer and you won't (presumably) need gloves. They were talking (early November) of a small (?) price increase as well as upgrading current orders for free.

My biggest gripe about these four-hoses-and-a-boat-anchor-compressor setups is that they're so heavy and take up so much (awkward) space. To do over again, I might go single compressor Viair with two hose setup. So much smaller to haul around.

A note on the high capacity air compressors: The 10.6 is fast. I've gone from 15psi to 35psi in 3 minutes. However, the setup and teardown, once I got used to it, still takes like 30m. While the airing up is faster, the overall put up and teardown takes longer than a single our two tire setup, if you're not a NASCAR pit crew. I don't believe you're supposed to use the 10.6 in single or two tire configs for long, due to wear on the compressor.

Last edited: