Sponsored

Manny tranny owners, would you do it again?

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Stupid reason but go ahead.
It was a joke. Like I thought your use of that cringey phrase was. Sorry if you were serious and thought I was too.

Dontc4re

Badlands
First Name
Edmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 area 51Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Old man hereā€¦ every manual transmission I have owned has had its quirks . a manual transmission is about communicating with the machine and becoming one with your car. listening to your vehicle and responding is what itā€™s all about. Might not be as fast or smooth or quiet but you are one with your vehicle.

Sponsored

29AGAIN

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1929 Ford Roadster, 2019 Tesla MS, 2022 Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rowing your own boat is the only way. No issues with mine other that my Bronco Sport is confused as to why I try and depress the invisible clutch every time I go to start it.

Iā€™ll buy them until I canā€™t!
7MT was the single reason I purchased my BB -0- issues with the box. Steeda spring was a major improvement in Clutch pedal feel.

As above:
Ford Bronco Manny tranny owners, would you do it again? IMG_1066

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was a joke. Like I thought your use of that cringey phrase was. Sorry if you were serious and thought I was too.
Dusty is known to have a sense of humor.

BTW Dusty. when is BBBB this year? :crackup:

Herb

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual should be the only transmission option...

I live with Southern CA traffic and still love it. My hope is when I'm ready to let go in 2030 there will be one more chance for another manual.

Sponsored

Phil James

Base
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 2022 base 4-cyl with the manny tranny. Other than the occasional grinding on cold mornings and notchy shifting, I'm still glad I got it. I'm wondering what other owners think (besides those who have had the grinding issues that are well documented)?
Same here. Basesquatch with manual. Grinding every morning till it warms up. I'm expecting to have trouble in about 5 to 7 years. šŸ˜³
But when the wind blew down 8 trees across my access road, I was really happy with the manual. šŸ˜Š

OP
OP
emkayw

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same here. Basesquatch with manual. Grinding every morning till it warms up. I'm expecting to have trouble in about 5 to 7 years. šŸ˜³
But when the wind blew down 8 trees across my access road, I was really happy with the manual. šŸ˜Š

Mine is minor and only when cold. It's quiet as a church mouse in warm temps whether warming up or not.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I decided today after a bit of wheeling, I do have an issue with it. Reverse is on the wrong side. I get why they did one gate for Crawl and reverse, but dang, reverse is supposed to be on the right, not the left. Too many years of muscle memory I guess.

But other than that, it was a blast!

IMG_8005.jpeg

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco / 1985 Chevy K10 Short-Step side
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Oh yes without hesitation. This is the seventh out of eight cars I have owned that is a manual transmission. It just feels right and makes me more engaged with the car.
I havenā€™t had my 24 long but it is one of the best transmissions Iā€™ve driven.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I decided today after a bit of wheeling, I do have an issue with it. Reverse is on the wrong side. I get why they did one gate for Crawl and reverse, but dang, reverse is supposed to be on the right, not the left. Too many years of muscle memory I guess.

But other than that, it was a blast!
I hear you, but for modern transmissions the reverse is normal. To the right and back is basically antiquated. Luckily crawler gear worked out to where they didn't have to do anything crazy.

Edit to add: Also I like it because other than the lockout, it reminds me of where first and reverse are on the manual Deuce's. And you normally even start in second for normal driving on those, which is where first is for the Bronco.
Sponsored