Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A while back we introduced our Rear Shock Skids designed specifically for the HOSS 3.0-equipped Bronco Wildtrak (see This Thread), and now we're following it up with a version that is optimized for the HOSS 1.0/2.0 Broncos. (NOTE: currently does not fit non-Sasquatch Badlands with factory Bilstein shocks. We're working on a revision that does, so hang tight a bit if you have that build)
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road Rear Shock Skids for HOSS 1.0 & 2.0 F6-51-421B_B-1200w

Protect your Bronco’s shocks from trail damage with these beefy Rear Shock Skids from Lobo Off-Road. These skids are designed to protect the lower mount area of the HOSS 1.0 Hitachi (black) or HOSS 2.0 Bilstein (yellow) rear shocks that come factory-equipped on all 2021 and newer Ford Broncos except HOSS 3.0-equipped 2022-up Wildtrak (see our HOSS 3.0 Shock Skid). These skids are also compatible with most aftermarket coilover shocks and replacement struts. Does not fit Bronco Raptor.
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road Rear Shock Skids for HOSS 1.0 & 2.0 F6-51-421B_A-1200w

The skid has a faceted front face that protects the lower shock body but provides angled surfaces to lessen drag on the rocks. The components are CNC laser cut from 3/16″ plate steel, brake-formed and fixture-welded for a perfect fit. They come with a durable fine-textured satin black powder coat finish, but if you’re using them the way they are intended you’ll probably be touching them up with a rattle can from time to time.

Here's a comparison of both versions side by side:

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road Rear Shock Skids for HOSS 1.0 & 2.0 F6-51-421B_Q-1200w

• Designed for HOSS 1.0 or HOSS 2.0 rear shocks
  • CNC Laser Cut 3/16″ Steel Plate Construction
  • Faceted Front Face To Help Maneuver Past Rocks
  • Multiple Drainage Holes
  • Grade 10.9 Hardware
  • Durable Fine Textured Black Powder Coat Finish
  • Proudly Made in the U.S.A.
    Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road Rear Shock Skids for HOSS 1.0 & 2.0 usaflag-tiny
These are in stock now, Click Here to get yours!

UPDATE! ALUMINUM VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!

There is now a version of this Shock Skid available in 3/16" aluminum. It is left bare (no powder coating) revealing the item's beautiful TIG welds. While materials and working with aluminum are slightly more expensive, not needing to powder coat them offsets costs so that the price is the same as the steel ones.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road Rear Shock Skids for HOSS 1.0 & 2.0 F6-51-421A_A-1500sq

PROs of the aluminum version are
  • They are about 1/3 the weight of steel, for those who are taking every opportunity they can to save weight
  • They will not rust and therefore will not need to be touched up with paint whenever they get scraped up
  • They look badass!
Of course, there is a trade-off. Aluminum is not as strong as steel. These are a little more susceptible to bending than the steel ones. So if you spend most of your time in the big rocks, you should of course opt for the steel ones. But these aluminum ones are surprisingly robust. We've been running them for a couple of months now to test, and have found they can take some abuse. So for those who are careful drivers and less prone to driving your Bronco like a wrecking ball, the aluminum ones will provide that extra measure of protection to your lower shock mounts when you're in the boulders and sliding over rocks. Click Here for the aluminum HOSS 1.0/2.0 Shock Skids!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey Chris how about control arm skids as well (Frame mounts that hang down) I have yet to install the parts I picked up from you at the Expo, never seem to have the time. maybe its time to pay someone to do it for me!!!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m putting these on the “when the other crap I bought fail…I’ll get the better version Lobo made” list…Just the fact that you don’t need to mess with the shock mount bolt is huge. Nice design.

Sponsored

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you confirm these fit the Badlands Bilsteins? I have a pair from another shop that fit Sasquatch Bilsteins, but interfere with the lower reservoir of the badlands shocks.

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have same question: badlands w Sasquatch for me. Want to confirm fitment.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice! These look way easier to install than others where you have to wrench on the shock bolt super hard and torque it super tight.

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A while back we introduced our Rear Shock Skids designed specifically for the HOSS 3.0-equipped Bronco Wildtrak (see This Thread), and now we're following it up with a version that is optimized for the HOSS 1.0/2.0 Broncos.
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road Rear Shock Skids for HOSS 1.0 & 2.0 1701471769790

Protect your Bronco’s shocks from trail damage with these beefy Rear Shock Skids from Lobo Off-Road. These skids are designed to protect the lower mount area of the HOSS 1.0 Hitachi (black) or HOSS 2.0 Bilstein (yellow) rear shocks that come factory-equipped on all 2021 and newer Ford Broncos except HOSS 3.0-equipped 2022-up Wildtrak (see our HOSS 3.0 Shock Skid). These skids are also compatible with most aftermarket coilover shocks and replacement struts. Does not fit Bronco Raptor.

The skid has a faceted front face that protects the lower shock body but provides angled surfaces to lessen drag on the rocks. The components are CNC laser cut from 3/16″ plate steel, brake-formed and fixture-welded for a perfect fit. They come with a durable fine-textured satin black powder coat finish, but if you’re using them the way they are intended you’ll probably be touching them up with a rattle can from time to time.

Here's a comparison of both versions side by side:

• Designed for HOSS 1.0 or HOSS 2.0 rear shocks
  • CNC Laser Cut 3/16″ Steel Plate Construction
  • Faceted Front Face To Help Maneuver Past Rocks
  • Multiple Drainage Holes
  • Grade 10.9 Hardware
  • Durable Fine Textured Black Powder Coat Finish
  • Proudly Made in the U.S.A.
These are in stock now, Click Here to get yours!
I have a 23 Badlands with a Fabtech coil over 3 inch lift kit. The bottom of the shock is about an 1/8th of an inch lower than the shock brackets. Would these fit my truck? I have bought other stuff from you and am really impressed by the design and quality, so yours would be my first choice. Thank you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Chris how about control arm skids as well (Frame mounts that hang down) I have yet to install the parts I picked up from you at the Expo, never seem to have the time. maybe its time to pay someone to do it for me!!!
Hello, Yes I will making a lower rear link chassis pivot skid, lower link rear end pivot skid, as well as a rear differential skid/ truss.
I hear you on the time, seems like there is never enough hours in the day.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you confirm these fit the Badlands Bilsteins? I have a pair from another shop that fit Sasquatch Bilsteins, but interfere with the lower reservoir of the badlands shocks.
I have same question: badlands w Sasquatch for me. Want to confirm fitment.
If you guys may post a picture of the badlands Bilstein, as I was under the impression there is only two options, the standard Bilstein and the fox that comes with the HOSS 3.0. Attached is a couple CAD model pictures with the standard Bilstein with the HOSS 1.0/2.0 shock skid. The measurement from the inside bottom face of the shock skid to the center of the shock eyelet/ bolt is just over 1.375"

F6-51-423B ASMB 01.JPG

F6-51-423B ASMB 02.JPG

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 23 Badlands with a Fabtech coil over 3 inch lift kit. The bottom of the shock is about an 1/8th of an inch lower than the shock brackets. Would these fit my truck? I have bought other stuff from you and am really impressed by the design and quality, so yours would be my first choice. Thank you.
Do you have a measurement from the center of the bolt hole in the shock eyelet to the edge of the body of the shock?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OK guys it looks like we do have a fitment issue on non-Sasquatch Badlands. The skid will need a slight revision to clear the lower edge of the reservoir on those, which I'm working on and will implement in the next production batch. Until then, I'm adding a note to the product description to say that it currently does not fit that specific build combo. I'll let you guys know when the revised versions are in stock, for those of you who have non-Sas Badlands. Thanks guys for bringing that to my attention.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK guys it looks like we do have a fitment issue on non-Sasquatch Badlands. The skid will need a slight revision to clear the lower edge of the reservoir on those, which I'm working on and will implement in the next production batch. Until then, I'm adding a note to the product description to say that it currently does not fit that specific build combo. I'll let you guys know when the revised versions are in stock, for those of you who have non-Sas Badlands. Thanks guys for bringing that to my attention.
Just want to say thank you for taking ownership of this issue and making adjustments. I’m one of the non-SAS Badlands owners. I ran into another (small) oddity when installing the GOAT rock sliders.
Sponsored