Sponsored

Light Clunks, Low Speeds, Automatic Trans?

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This question is about as common as the question, ‘Is the extended warranty worth it?’

My front drive shaft was replaced long ago and it didn’t make any difference. 150k mile full extended warranty puts my mind at ease.
Sponsored

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This question is about as common as the question, ‘Is the extended warranty worth it?’
If by "common" you mean 3 total threads, somewhat hard to find (depending on exact diction used in search) and lots of reading every post in all relevant threads to separate speculation vs. fact, then I suppose I agree...
Sorry to trouble you...

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No need to get all sensitive; it was just a joke. But there are way more than three threads about the driveline bump, thud, or clunk. Looks like you may have narrowed down the solution to the rear driveshaft. Best of luck.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just noticing a new minor clunk/thump that seems tranny (Auto, 10R60, in Raptor) related. I've got about 9k mi on my rig. I note it happening intermittently (maybe 1/3rd of the time) during braking right before getting to 0 speed. I think it is more likely under harder braking. It also happens after stopping (to 0) and after releasing the brake and then right when aoplying some gas pedal. Although it's purely an analogy, it seems like something is getting some bind and then freeing up and releasing some energy. Also seems like perhaps it's related to the vehicleso pitch motion from accel/decel.

Anyone else have this? Did it appear after not doing it? Anyone know what it is or have any educated guesses? Thanks in advance.

I've already changed my trans fluid twice, put on a higher capacity aluminum pan and changed the trans filter once (being super conservative with her...).
Yep my '23 2dr Badlands does it intermediately . It hasn't concerned me much but I was going to mention it at the next service.
Sponsored