Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Left the Bronco in the driveway with the top back (but with a JTops bimini installed) as well as front doors off, and of course we had a few 10-15 min thunderstorms run through while I was working from home not realizing the Bronco was still out. I did start it up to move it and position it better in the sun to dry it out and didn't notice anything strange in that quick time, but are there other things I should do as a precautionary measure? Wait longer to use the radio so the speakers don't break? Anything?

My wife was panicking when she saw it and did her best to towel dry the dash, etc. and I tried to assure her the Bronco was designed to handle some rain (and dust) with the top off/doors off and that we should be fine but I think I was also trying to convince myself by saying that.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's ruined now. Might as well send it straight to the crusher.
/s

All kidding aside, as long as you dried things out as much as possible and didn't see any error messages on the instrument panel, just let it air out more and it should be fine.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have done the same thing more than once for hours. Make sure you dry out the space under your cargo area where the Jack is stored it holds water.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Carpet or rubber floors? Take out the floor mats if carpet so air can dry it better. The sill plates pop off lift one and feel under the carpet to check if still wet. You could also pop off the sill plates and prop up the carpet to get air under it if it is not dry.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the reasons I went with the Badlands. Forgot the top many times. Now I rarely put the back windows on it. Of the at least 6 times I have gotten the interior soaked, I haven’t run into any issues with dash errors or problems.

I will +1 on the rear cargo and jack locations. I don’t put anything back there and leave the plug out of the cargo part. I have the jack tools in a ziplock as well. It’s just never dry.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Put it in a big bag of rice?