First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is a great video. Really looking forward to the 35x12.5x17 if it ever comes. I might settle for the 315/70/17 for my Bronco, but this seems like a solid tire for snow/wet conditions and seems like they addressed a few issues with the ko2 that I didnt even know existed.

Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been a big fan of the KO2, and I am looking forward to some real world unbiased reviews of these KO3s. I have them on my Jeep and I was happy to see that my Badlands came with them from the factory. I even have a replica set on my Bronco R R/C truck!

441486876_10228968179402681_433007596149232930_n.jpg

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Meh...unless it is a light year improvement over the KO2 which did nothing well enough to be called a "top tier A/T tire" it will be another long on promise short on delivery tire.

BFG has been playing catchup to most of the real "top tier" tires for decades now...

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Meh...unless it is a light year improvement over the KO2 which did nothing well enough to be called a "top tier A/T tire" it will be another long on promise short on delivery tire.

BFG has been playing catchup to most of the real "top tier" tires for decades now...
So what do you consider top tier AT tires

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So what do you consider top tier AT tires
Mickey Thompson Baja AT
Nittos
Even Falkens over BFG

I ran a set of 37x12.5x17s for about 40,000 mi and they are the worst set of tires I've ever owned. They would not stay balanced, they slipped and slid in rain and snow, they are complete crap in mud. The only thing they're good for is thin sand over desert terrain.

Which I'm sure some will say that's what they were designed for but you cannot say that if the label on the tire is all terrain. In addition, they are three peak snowflake rated but they're the worst snow tires I've ever had.

It's laughable to me that so many people think BF Goodrich KO2s are great tires...

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mickey Thompson Baja AT
Nittos
Even Falkens over BFG

I ran a set of 37x12.5x17s for about 40,000 mi and they are the worst set of tires I've ever owned. They would not stay balanced, they slipped and slid in rain and snow, they are complete crap in mud. The only thing they're good for is thin sand over desert terrain.

Which I'm sure some will say that's what they were designed for but you cannot say that if the label on the tire is all terrain. In addition, they are three peak snowflake rated but they're the worst snow tires I've ever had.

It's laughable to me that so many people think BF Goodrich KO2s are great tires...
Yup they are extremely overrated.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mickey Thompson Baja AT
Nittos
Even Falkens over BFG

Any idea why both MT and Nitto offer their AT tires SL and E1 rated but not C rated? E1 is a giant overkill for most people and SL is somewhat risque on medium trails.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any idea why both MT and Nitto offer their AT tires SL and E1 rated but not C rated? E1 is a giant overkill for most people and SL is somewhat risque on medium trails.
Not sure, but I would opine that C rated all terrains are the exception and not the rule. It is (somewhat) incredulous the C rated tires are used for Baja given the potential damage from rocks.

I ran a set of Kanati Trail Hogs in LRE and they were not as stiff or as heavy as one would think.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

YouTubers must get paid by the word… blah blah blah, just get to the subject already! If you want to know more about release dates, watch the whole thing. Otherwise start at 4:28 to get to the comparison.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs