Sponsored

Is there a simple on/off switch for Android Auto?

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm 95% sure the answer is no, but the whole experience always kind of gets on my nerves and hoped to get a straight answer. I'm really tired of it auto-starting, but I also use it enough that I like the idea that it's at least an option to have it easily available. As of now, it seems like the choices are that it auto-starts, requires going into submenus, or just you just get rid of it.
Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It's a setting on your phone.
Ford Bronco Is there a simple on/off switch for Android Auto? 1000018616

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm 95% sure the answer is no, but the whole experience always kind of gets on my nerves and hoped to get a straight answer. I'm really tired of it auto-starting, but I also use it enough that I like the idea that it's at least an option to have it easily available. As of now, it seems like the choices are that it auto-starts, requires going into submenus, or just you just get rid of it.
If you enable the developer mode settings for AA, you can then go into settings and set it to use wired. Then, to turn it off, you can just simply unplug your phone. otherwise, you have to essentially put your phone into airplane mode to shut off all the connections it uses

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Worse mistake I've made with my Bronco so far... Give in to peer pressure and try Android Auto!

OMG...i got so pissed I was ready to toss my phone out the window. I thought I could choose to use it or not but once I allowed the two to talk, there was no going back.

I've almost recovered by doing the following.

1) In the Bronco, I had to go into Phone Settings and Forget phone. That was the only way to remove the Andriod Auto Icon from the Phone list.

2) go into my phone, tell BT to Forget about the Bronco.

3) go into the AA app on my phone, delete all data (So it it would forget all settings)..and actually went as far as disabling the app.

4) Re-paired my phone to the Bronco via normal Blue Tooth.

NOw when I turn on BT, I'm back to just calls, messages and when I plug my phone in to charge, I get a quick message on my phone that there is no AA application found, but at least that stopped it all.

never again

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Worse mistake I've made with my Bronco so far... Give in to peer pressure and try Android Auto!

OMG...i got so pissed I was ready to toss my phone out the window. I thought I could choose to use it or not but once I allowed the two to talk, there was no going back.

I've almost recovered by doing the following.

1) In the Bronco, I had to go into Phone Settings and Forget phone. That was the only way to remove the Andriod Auto Icon from the Phone list.

2) go into my phone, tell BT to Forget about the Bronco.

3) go into the AA app on my phone, delete all data (So it it would forget all settings)..and actually went as far as disabling the app.

4) Re-paired my phone to the Bronco via normal Blue Tooth.

NOw when I turn on BT, I'm back to just calls, messages and when I plug my phone in to charge, I get a quick message on my phone that there is no AA application found, but at least that stopped it all.

never again
I am at a loss of why android auto is so universally hated. The ability to hands free send a quick text or seamlessly take calls from multiple application (teams, zoom, etc.) is worth its wieght in digital currency or gold. I get the most usage out of the ability to easy shuffle through music and playlists on Spotify.

Maybe I am just a sucker for driving safely and not being a grandpa listening to the radio, sirus, or some rigged up walkman to Bluetooth type thing.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't drive my Bronco today so I can't run out and verify...but, I thought there was an Enable/Disable AA toggle switch in the Sync4 menu?

Or, can't you got to into the Phone List and choose the default connection for your phone? BT or AA?

OP
OP
l88m22vette

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want it to connect, or disconnect, based on if I click a touchscreen icon. I hadn't thought of the aggressive developer mode, but that's an idea.

I don't hate AA, I just wish I was able to be treated optional instead of always-on or completely ignored. I like YouTube Music a lot, but redundant Nav and 75% control over what happens sucks.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am at a loss of why android auto is so universally hated. The ability to hands free send a quick text or seamlessly take calls from multiple application (teams, zoom, etc.) is worth its wieght in digital currency or gold. I get the most usage out of the ability to easy shuffle through music and playlists on Spotify.

Maybe I am just a sucker for driving safely and not being a grandpa listening to the radio, sirus, or some rigged up walkman to Bluetooth type thing.
Not to be argumentative, but these two sentences do not go together...

Maybe I am just a sucker for driving safely

I can pair my phone and take phone calls as needed. I can pull over and safely text if needed as well.

For me, having full access to my phone while driving would not end well :ROFLMAO:

buschris

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Radio Settings, turn it off.
Sponsored