Sponsored

Is it needed to lock the Bronco when you walk away?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Carjacking. Know it's a long shot, but it is out there...
While moving... ?

At least in the Bronco I can turn the damn thing off. Wife's F-150 doesn't give you the option.
Sponsored

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will say this is one of the features that I really miss from my Mazda. I wish Ford had implemented it more like they did.

You walk away from the vehicle it locks the doors... You walk up to the vehicle and press the button on the handle and it unlocks.

With the Bronco, I don't like that you can't verify if the doors are locked when you press the button because if you grab the handle it unlocks. I find myself having to listen to hear if the locks engage.
You can verify by locking in Ford Pass.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not trying to be a dick, but isnā€™t that what everyone does? I listen for the locks engaging every time I push the fob button. If youā€™re too far away to hear the locks, the Fordpass app also shows you the status of your locks.

Edit: The app in-fact does NOT show you if it is locked or unlocked unless you complete the action through the app. Otherwise it just gives you the option to lock or unlock the Bronco.
No dick offense taken :)

But no, all my vehicles when locked honk the horn or something...like the Bronco does when you use the remote.

So trying to listen for mechanical locks in a loud parking lot is not always easy.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Or when you lock via rthe fob the horn blares which is telling you the doors are locked.
Exactly....I want it to do this when I lock it via the button so I know for sure.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you have a 4-door you can, just try the rear door. I get out, shut my door, hit the button on the handle and hear it lock, then I try the rear door to make sure ;)

If you have a 2 door then you just have to settle with being far superior to us 4-doors (or so I understand from this forum) ;)
Ah....duh...I never thought of that! I'll go stand in the corner now!

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No dick offense taken :)

But no, all my vehicles when locked honk the horn or something...like the Bronco does when you use the remote.

So trying to listen for mechanical locks in a loud parking lot is not always easy.
Yeah I get it. The Bronco honks when you hit the lock button a second time but not the first. Of course now we need to discuss if we trust that every time we get a honk that the vehicle actually locks. Could there be a software glitch where the car goes ā€œoh he hit the lock button twice, I better honkā€ but the locks donā€™t actually toggle? Someone (not me) needs to conduct this research!

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does it show lock status?

Iā€˜m still fuming they took away SecuriAlertā€¦
Yes. If you press and hold it will lock and say SecuriAlert active and show locked. SecuriAlert still works through the app I think. Atleast it says securialert active. I wonder if perhaps the SecuriAlert is part of the wifi and Nav service. I have a Lux so I have that for 3 years not 3 months. I did see something about being able to extend the services at $80 for a year. I'm not sure about the accuracy if that though. If you plan on going off road I would say the service is definitely worth it because if you go somewhere that is not a Google mapped road it leaves digital crumbs with the Nav open so you can literally retrace your path back out.

Msell71

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 84 SVO, 66 2+2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I noticed this option while checking some settings today. I donā€™t remember seeing it before. Walk away lock option on the screen. While it is there, the options are not active. I went into FS and found the option and it was already enabled. Anyone else come across this?

Ford Bronco Is it needed to lock the Bronco when you walk away? IMG_1596

Ford Bronco Is it needed to lock the Bronco when you walk away? IMG_1597

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed this option while checking some settings today. I donā€™t remember seeing it before. Walk away lock option on the screen. While it is there, the options are not active. I went into FS and found the option and it was already enabled. Anyone else come across this?

Great job. That is new to me and I have looked, but not for a year. Do not sure how new, but great job on the FS reference and now I am goingoing to test and see if maybe enabled and no one really noticed? Read corvettes and other cars can auto-lock, but I have never had one. If nothing else. It looks like ut is close up being an option

Sponsored

Msell71

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 84 SVO, 66 2+2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great job. That is new to me and I have looked, but not for a year. Do not sure how new, but great job on the FS reference and now I am goingoing to test and see if maybe enabled and no one really noticed? Read corvettes and other cars can auto-lock, but I have never had one. If nothing else. It looks like ut is close up being an option
While it was enabled in FS, it still is not active. It does not have the ability to turn it on in the sync screen. Maybe thereā€™s a number that needs changed in the as built side.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While it was enabled in FS, it still is not active. It does not have the ability to turn it on in the sync screen. Maybe thereā€™s a number that needs changed in the as built side.
Probably it os built in but needs enabled by an official Ford garage after paying $500 or so for the option.

Phone charging is like that on my new BMW, charger is in place but not enabled for $495. But OTOH, it locks and unlocks by vicinity of key to vehicle

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They don't automatically lock.
It remotely locks the doors and tailgate.
If you have a soft top don't bother locking it they will just cut the roof to steal stuff.
When I was in college, I had an '89 Wrangler that had no door locks. I stupidly added a nice stereo system. Although I had an alarm, I did not always arm it since any bit of wind would set it off. One night, I stupidly didn't turn on the alarm and even though I had no door locks, someone still cut up all the windows of my soft top, and stole my speakers.

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Must be for newer models. Not available on my '21 BL

jtmportland

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While moving... ?

At least in the Bronco I can turn the damn thing off. Wife's F-150 doesn't give you the option.
What a weird thing to take a stand against. It really doesnā€™t affect you at all. Itā€™s not like you have to unlock the door to get out.
Sponsored