Sponsored

Is it needed to lock the Bronco when you walk away?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did search for this, but getting way too many hits. What does the lock button on the fob do differently than if you do nothing and walk away? Does it do anything if you have the top and doors off? I thought I read something about it automatically locking after 30 seconds, but just want to try and get those details because it is a lot nicer never needing to hot the lock button on fob
Sponsored

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don't automatically lock.
It remotely locks the doors and tailgate.
If you have a soft top don't bother locking it they will just cut the roof to steal stuff.

MyATV

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I leave mine unlocked in my garage, but I sometimes find it locked the next time I try to open the door (like the next day). It's random and makes no sense. I thought maybe I was accidently hitting the lock button on the door handle, but I intentionally avoid that when closing the doors.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is no auto lock. If you just get out and walk away, the Bronco will remain unlocked.

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I could swear I’ve seen a setting in the system somewhere where you can turn on auto lock.

Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe this??

Ford Bronco Is it needed to lock the Bronco when you walk away? IMG_7551
If you tap on the "i" next to the toggles for more info, none of those appear to address what the original poster is describing - as in automatically locking the vehicle.

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you tap on the "i" next to the toggles for more info, none of those appear to address what the original poster is describing - as in automatically locking the vehicle.
Yea the info under that just says “auto lock all locks remotely” not quite sure what that means why wouldn’t you want all locks to lock when you remotely lock it?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will say this is one of the features that I really miss from my Mazda. I wish Ford had implemented it more like they did.

You walk away from the vehicle it locks the doors... You walk up to the vehicle and press the button on the handle and it unlocks.

With the Bronco, I don't like that you can't verify if the doors are locked when you press the button because if you grab the handle it unlocks. I find myself having to listen to hear if the locks engage.

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will say this is one of the features that I really miss from my Mazda. I wish Ford had implemented it more like they did.

You walk away from the vehicle it locks the doors... You walk up to the vehicle and press the button on the handle and it unlocks.

With the Bronco, I don't like that you can't verify if the doors are locked when you press the button because if you grab the handle it unlocks. I find myself having to listen to hear if the locks engage.
Not trying to be a dick, but isn’t that what everyone does? I listen for the locks engaging every time I push the fob button. If you’re too far away to hear the locks, the Fordpass app also shows you the status of your locks.

Edit: The app in-fact does NOT show you if it is locked or unlocked unless you complete the action through the app. Otherwise it just gives you the option to lock or unlock the Bronco.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Or when you lock via rthe fob the horn blares which is telling you the doors are locked.

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To be honest I have aftermarket security systems in my other vehicles that have the auto lock feature and I always turn that off, too easy to get locked out of your car.
Sponsored