First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch Manual Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today I swapped out the original housing for the improved one. Oracle has significantly improved the design. The revised housing comes with 6 metal braces that should prevent warping. I also noticed new structural reinforcements around the front cutouts. I must say that the new housing is significantly sturdier compared to the original design.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco oracle_5888_Improvements1

The new housing came without any weather stripping, so I had to buy it myself. I installed two stretches of D-shaped weather stripping along both sides of the light bar to seal the gaps between the light bar and the housing. I also stuck neoprene foam tape along the bottom and top edges of the housing.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco oracle_5888_Improvements1

I already did a short test drive – the lightbar survived 85 mph. The new housing is slightly noisier than the one that I modified. The wide cutout that I had made in the old cover helped improve the airflow. I decided to leave the new housing as is and not to trim it, at least for now.

If you're having the rattling issues with the old housing, I highly recommend replacing it with the improved one.
Appreciate all the feedback you done. Question. When you did the cut out on the other housing, any issue with rain getting in effecting the lights?
I installed my V2 light bar last night (black for my soft top), and got to do a very short test drive today. What I noticed was uncontrollable flapping (like a hard rain) on the front of the soft top. No noticeable noise from the light bar itself, just a violent slap and rattle from the soft top. What’s worse and weirder - it’s between 15-40mph, which the majority of my driving would be. On the highway and high speeds there is almost no
Appreciate all the feedback you done. Question. When you did the cut out on the other housing, any issue with rain getting in effecting the lights?

I am very tempted to attempt and cut the housing similar to what you had shared you did with V1, but I wasn’t certain it would positively impact the flapping soft top. Any thoughts on if this would fix both issues?

I really love the light bar and so far Oracle customer support has been good to me, but I don’t know if I can stand the flapping noise long term.

And before anyone asks - I had read this thread more than three times, as well as many many other posts prior to purchasing. I was aware of added noise from a light bar, but this flapping of the soft top is unlike anything I’ve experienced in the Bronco or older gen soft top jeeps. Adding 3m tape to the housing didn’t help, and to ensure the soft top operates correctly I had to shave a very small sliver of the housing already. Further modifications aren’t ideal but may be necessary. Just wondering if anyone else has had success eliminating the violent flapping.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed my V2 light bar last night (black for my soft top), and got to do a very short test drive today. What I noticed was uncontrollable flapping (like a hard rain) on the front of the soft top. No noticeable noise from the light bar itself, just a violent slap and rattle from the soft top. What’s worse and weirder - it’s between 15-40mph, which the majority of my driving would be. On the highway and high speeds there is almost no

I am very tempted to attempt and cut the housing similar to what you had shared you did with V1, but I wasn’t certain it would positively impact the flapping soft top. Any thoughts on if this would fix both issues?

I really love the light bar and so far Oracle customer support has been good to me, but I don’t know if I can stand the flapping noise long term.

And before anyone asks - I had read this thread more than three times, as well as many many other posts prior to purchasing. I was aware of added noise from a light bar, but this flapping of the soft top is unlike anything I’ve experienced in the Bronco or older gen soft top jeeps. Adding 3m tape to the housing didn’t help, and to ensure the soft top operates correctly I had to shave a very small sliver of the housing already. Further modifications aren’t ideal but may be necessary. Just wondering if anyone else has had success eliminating the violent flapping.
Thanks for your reply. Bummed that made my mind up about ordering one.

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have zero issues with V2 housing. The light bar on my Bronco doesn't produce any noise at any speed up to 80+ mph with or without the hard top.

Nanuck

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up returning the light bar. Loved the look, the amount of light you get is awesome but it is just not compatible with the soft top. Nobody should have to cut holes or attempt to be engineers to get the bar to work without damaging their soft top.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ORACLE Lighting

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hello @BurlyBronco we have seen some surprisingly good success in reducing this flapping sound of the soft-top by simply adding pipe insulation around the metal bars, this reduces the ability of the canvas to flap agains the supports.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...iaOL3KLkBVei4N5HG5RoCIi4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Very inexpensive and easy to install solution to the issue.

Last edited:

BurlyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up returning the light bar. Loved the look, the amount of light you get is awesome but it is just not compatible with the soft top. Nobody should have to cut holes or attempt to be engineers to get the bar to work without damaging their soft top.
That is a shame - I’m still holding out hope but I get it entirely!

BurlyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have zero issues with V2 housing. The light bar on my Bronco doesn't produce any noise at any speed up to 80+ mph with or without the hard top.
If you ever have a chance, can you send pics of the side angle of your light bar whenever the soft top is on? I’m just curious if there is another way to angle it or something that I could do to reduce it naturally

BurlyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you ever have a chance, can you send pics of the side angle of your light bar whenever the soft top is on? I’m just curious if there is another way to angle it or something that I could do to reduce it naturally
I don't have a soft top, sorry.

Sponsored

ORACLE Terry

Base
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, RAM TRX, Gladiator, Wrangler JL,
Your Bronco Model
Base

BurlyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since this thread was so helpful for me, I wanted to add a bit of feedback. In case anyone has questions about how this works with the soft top, install questions etc…

I installed mine with the soft top last week and overall am pleased - but buyer beware. This took a lot of trial and error and minor modifications to make it work. I had to shave a small amount of material off the housing to make it function with the soft top (soft top would catch it), then had to cover the shaved sides with a automotive trim. The flapping wind noise that this produces nearly made me tear it off on the first drive, but I stayed patient and attempted a few small mods to the soft top before I gave up. I ultimately added foam insulation tape in strategic locations on the soft top interior to prevent flapping on the bars and it helped tremendously. My only other complaint would be the lack of information provided by Oracle as to how you can wire the clearance lights. I used customer support via email and phone, several other threads and install videos and still never received a straight answer on how to accomplish my goal (amber clearance on parking fuse and white clearance with low and high beams only). Currently they are wired to aux switches 1,2,3 and it works fine for me for now.
Overall, I still LOVE the old school square body visor look and the light bar is intensely bright, so I am happy with the product for the price!

IMG_2744.jpeg

IMG_2751.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg

IMG_2730.jpeg

IMG_2729.jpeg

IMG_2727.jpeg

IMG_2755.jpeg

ORACLE Terry

Base
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, RAM TRX, Gladiator, Wrangler JL,
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since this thread was so helpful for me, I wanted to add a bit of feedback. In case anyone has questions about how this works with the soft top, install questions etc…

I installed mine with the soft top last week and overall am pleased - but buyer beware. This took a lot of trial and error and minor modifications to make it work. I had to shave a small amount of material off the housing to make it function with the soft top (soft top would catch it), then had to cover the shaved sides with a automotive trim. The flapping wind noise that this produces nearly made me tear it off on the first drive, but I stayed patient and attempted a few small mods to the soft top before I gave up. I ultimately added foam insulation tape in strategic locations on the soft top interior to prevent flapping on the bars and it helped tremendously. My only other complaint would be the lack of information provided by Oracle as to how you can wire the clearance lights. I used customer support via email and phone, several other threads and install videos and still never received a straight answer on how to accomplish my goal (amber clearance on parking fuse and white clearance with low and high beams only). Currently they are wired to aux switches 1,2,3 and it works fine for me for now.
Overall, I still LOVE the old school square body visor look and the light bar is intensely bright, so I am happy with the product for the price!

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco IMG_2755

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco IMG_2755

Thanks for the feedback and your Bronco looks awesome!!!
Sponsored