Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The housing on the light bar that I've had for almost 1 year recently cracked.

In the area where I live, air temperature never fall below freezing. It took just one trip to an area where the temp was around 34°F for two cracks to appear at the corners of the middle section. The housing began to rattle terribly at speeds above 50 mph. I was afraid the housing would crack all the way across and fly off. Luckily, it survived the trip and remained intact.

1705807773045.jpeg

1705807785268.jpeg

I reached out to Oracle regarding the issue. A new housing is currently enroute. It's going to be the revised version. I'll post pictures here once it arrives.

While I was waiting for a new housing, I decided to try one mod on the old one. First, I fixed the cracks with superglue and then made a cutout along its top edge. The idea was to decrease the air pressure inside the housing which makes it vibrate at high speeds. Guess what? It did help! The max speed I tested it at was 82 mph – no rattling noises whatsoever. The mod I'd done to it previously (Page 17) also enhances the aerodynamics of light bar.

1705807844964.jpeg

I'm 6ft tall, and the cutout is absolutely not visible from my eye level. I might do the same mods to the replacement housing before installing it on the Bronco.

1705807861347.jpeg

Despite all the troubles, I still like this light bar. It looks very OEM, works great on trails, and I always get compliments on it. I only wish Oracle had put slightly more thought into the design process and spent more time testing this product. Hope the new housing is going to be more robust.

1705808538563.jpeg
May I know the size of the neoprene tape you used? How thick?
Sponsored

OracleLights

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We are happy to provide clarity to the situation at hand.

In some instances, at high speeds, the exterior housing may vibrate against the light bar causing an audible sound. There is a set of gaskets included in the box with your light bar to insulate the light bar and prevent these vibrations. Please ensure these are installed and the light bar is fully seated in the housing so that the gaskets properly form a seal per the included instructions.

If your light bar did not include gaskets please reach out to us directly and we are happy to send these at no cost. For reference, attached is the installation of the Roof Light Bar Gasket.

If your light bar housing has any cracking or warping, we do offer replacement housings. Please reach out to us directly for these parts.

Any additional questions on this product or how ORACLE can further support you on this please let us know and we will be happy to assist.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco image (78)

Bobk

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Maverick, 84 Mustang GT350, Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really love the look of this light bar but with all of these issues posted I think I will be steering clear of it. I always like the look of a roof visor on the old pickup trucks and this came close to that look.

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I always like the look of a roof visor on the old pickup trucks and this came close to that look.
I remember seeing some XJ's and ZJ's with fiberglass visors. They had big cutouts for releasing air pressure. I think if the Oracle light bar housing had some vent holes or similar cutouts, the rattling issue wouldn't exist.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1705950869750

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1705951246882

Sponsored

Nanuck

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used thin and thick neoprene tape for this mod:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MCSJYSN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1705951246882

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GBPVN9F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The main goal is to seal all the gaps between the light bar and the plastic cover, so the air doesn't make the plastic vibrate at high speeds.
Thank you. My issue isn’t the light bar rattling but more that it is having wind go through it and shooting at the edges of my soft top causing the soft top to blow and rattle from the insides. I’m thinking the tape though might be a good fix.

Nanuck

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are happy to provide clarity to the situation at hand.

In some instances, at high speeds, the exterior housing may vibrate against the light bar causing an audible sound. There is a set of gaskets included in the box with your light bar to insulate the light bar and prevent these vibrations. Please ensure these are installed and the light bar is fully seated in the housing so that the gaskets properly form a seal per the included instructions.

If your light bar did not include gaskets please reach out to us directly and we are happy to send these at no cost. For reference, attached is the installation of the Roof Light Bar Gasket.

If your light bar housing has any cracking or warping, we do offer replacement housings. Please reach out to us directly for these parts.

Any additional questions on this product or how ORACLE can further support you on this please let us know and we will be happy to assist.

My issue isn’t the light bar rattling but it is causing a wind tunnel on my soft top. I have the gasket coming to see if that helps and plan on adding neoprene tape to stop air passing through it.

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Today I swapped out the original housing for the improved one. Oracle has significantly improved the design. The revised housing comes with 6 metal braces that should prevent warping. I also noticed new structural reinforcements around the front cutouts. I must say that the new housing is significantly sturdier compared to the original design.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1706077605682

The new housing came without any weather stripping, so I had to buy it myself. I installed two stretches of D-shaped weather stripping along both sides of the light bar to seal the gaps between the light bar and the housing. I also stuck neoprene foam tape along the bottom and top edges of the housing.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1706076871597

I already did a short test drive – the lightbar survived 85 mph. The new housing is slightly noisier than the one that I modified. The wide cutout that I had made in the old cover helped improve the airflow. I decided to leave the new housing as is and not to trim it, at least for now.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1706076885369

If you're having the rattling issues with the old housing, I highly recommend replacing it with the improved one.

Last edited:

OracleLights

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you for the review and we are happy to hear this is working well for you!

If anyone else has any concerns as mentioned in the thread, please feel free to reach out to ORACLE directly as we are happy to provide the solutions necessary.

Thank you again for your support!

Nanuck

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today I swapped out the original housing for the improved one. Oracle has significantly improved the design. The revised housing comes with 6 metal braces that should prevent warping. I also noticed new structural reinforcements around the front cutouts. I must say that the new housing is significantly sturdier compared to the original design.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1706076885369

The new housing came without any weather stripping, so I had to buy it myself. I installed two stretches of D-shaped weather stripping along both sides of the light bar to seal the gaps between the light bar and the housing. I also stuck neoprene foam tape along the bottom and top edges of the housing.

I already did a short test drive – the lightbar survived 85 mph. The new housing is slightly noisier than the one that I modified. The wide cutout that I had made in the old cover helped improve the airflow. I decided to leave the new housing as is and not to trim it, at least for now.

If you're having the rattling issues with the old housing, I highly recommend replacing it with the improved one.
Appreciate all the feedback you done. Question. When you did the cut out on the other housing, any issue with rain getting in effecting the lights?

Sponsored

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Appreciate all the feedback you done. Question. When you did the cut out on the other housing, any issue with rain getting in effecting the lights?
I think rain does not affect in any way the light bar. The plastic housing is for aesthetic purposes only. Water gets inside an unmodified housing every time you drive in the rain or use a pressure washer. The housing has some clearance along the bottom edge where it meets with the windshield. All the water that gets inside drains out easily.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the review and we are happy to hear this is working well for you!

If anyone else has any concerns as mentioned in the thread, please feel free to reach out to ORACLE directly as we are happy to provide the solutions necessary.

Thank you again for your support!
so we have to buy weather stripping + the new light bar? or did (2door) get it missing form his package.

gregd121

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack WB Shaker ; Tesla M3P
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
so we have to buy weather stripping + the new light bar? or did (2door) get it missing form his package.

I just received my replacement housing, and there are no instructions, gaskets or rubber seals present on the housing. Really disappointed.

gregd121

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack WB Shaker ; Tesla M3P
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just received my replacement housing, and there are no instructions, gaskets or rubber seals present on the housing. Really disappointed.
I should add that I first reached out to Oracle about my issues on 5/19/23.

ORACLE Terry

Base
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, RAM TRX, Gladiator, Wrangler JL,
Your Bronco Model
Base
With the updated housing, gaskets nor weather stripping are no longer needed and we are working on a full workup to share.
Sponsored