Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2022 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had mine on a while and it’s pretty solid. I would have preferred the body be a more substantial metal instead of a basic skin to cover the brackets.

7D7D5D9E-9111-47CE-AC6E-2747A11F954B.jpg
Great set up. What wheels are those? Look fantastic!
Sponsored

medguy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do not, I was driving Hell’s Revenge yesterday and the bumper gave me numerous issues. This is my first time back in Moab since I installed it and I’m not happy.
I'm considering this bumper, what issues were you having and why are you dissatisfied with it?

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm considering this bumper, what issues were you having and why are you dissatisfied with it?
Just ran Hell’s Revenge with it yesterday and the weight of the tire seems to be too much for the way it’s built. HR is a fairly easy trail and I had to stop twice because the brackets were bending and the swingout coming unlatched. The bumper is basically brackets for the swingouts, mounted to the frame, then a bumper skin covering everything. It’s not what I expected of a dual swingout bumper. Not nearly the strength needed for off-road use.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just ran Hell’s Revenge with it yesterday and the weight of the tire seems to be too much for the way it’s built. HR is a fairly easy trail and I had to stop twice because the brackets were bending and the swingout coming unlatched. The bumper is basically brackets for the swingouts, mounted to the frame, then a bumper skin covering everything. It’s not what I expected of a dual swingout bumper. Not nearly the strength needed for off-road use.
So the problem is really only the latch mechanism that secures the swing out (passenger side)?

Sponsored

medguy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thats unfortunate, hopefully you will let the company know and maybe they can revise the bumper. I honestly haven't heard good things regarding expedition one about their rear bumper either. People have been saying that it has been rusted out of the box and that their bracket gets hung up when opening. I've considering both SRQ and Expedition one for my rear bumper but it sounds like I may just hold off for a bit too.

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So the problem is really only the latch mechanism that secures the swing out (passenger side)?
No, once it becomes unlocked the weight bends the bracket and or mounting pin. I’ll need to disassemble to find the exact problem but I have to lift the tire swingout get it closed now. I’ve had numerous bumpers with dual swingouts and this is the first one that’s ever given me issues. After yesterday I honestly feel the tailgate, with the brace, was stronger than this. I had run probably around 50 trails with the tire on a braced tailgate and no issues, the first trail I do with this bumper and I’ve got serious problems.

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m hoping there is way to strengthen the brackets. I’ll also definitely consider placing a latch holding the swingouts together for additional support.

Last edited:
OP
OP
camojeeper

camojeeper

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you feel it's strong enough? How does it compare to the original bumper? I easily cut out the holes for my flush mount lights with a jig saw in the stock bumper and was surprised how lightweight it was.
Stock bumper is 6lbs what a joke
I do not, I was driving Hell’s Revenge yesterday and the bumper gave me numerous issues. This is my first time back in Moab since I installed it and I’m not happy.
pictures

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Stock bumper is 6lbs what a joke

pictures
There really isn’t anything to show pictures of other than the mis alignment of the swingouts due to one being bent.

Sponsored

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, once it becomes unlocked the weight bends the bracket and or mounting pin. I’ll need to disassemble to find the exact problem but I have to lift the tire swingout get it closed now. I’ve had numerous bumpers with dual swingouts and this is the first one that’s ever given me issues. After yesterday I honestly feel the tailgate, with the brace, was stronger than this. I had run probably around 50 trails with the tire on a braced tailgate and no issues, the first trail I do with this bumper and I’ve got serious problems.
That's unfortunate. I'm going to pass on this one. Thank you for the info

OP
OP
camojeeper

camojeeper

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's unfortunate. I'm going to pass on this one. Thank you for the info
I could not be happier with mine. Been wheeling a few times now with it not an issue one?

OP
OP
camojeeper

camojeeper

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There really isn’t anything to show pictures of other than the mis alignment of the swingouts due to one being bent.
I would hit up Tyler at SRQ. He has been super helpful with me?

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would hit up Tyler at SRQ. He has been super helpful with me?
I’m still in Moab until this weekend. I plan on looking into it further when I get back home. I’m glad to hear he might be helpful, I honestly was just expecting someone to say I shouldn’t be taking it off road. Needless to say I’ve got to get something figured out because I plan on bringing this truck back for Bronco Safari in a little over a month. I definitely don’t want to be worrying about my rear bumper.