Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

... is my sarcasm meter broken? A few weeks ago they tried selling some guy 700$ worth of foglights for his wife's bronco after the guy explicitly stated he didnt need anything bourgeois because the lights were going to serve as nothing but a fashion statement for his ol lady 🙄

Their level of rabid salesmanship loses them business.
I didnt mean it sarcastically but I also don’t read or see every post here so missed that one…just going off what I’ve seen and not yet a customer. Still, from what I’ve seen, $700 is gonna be entry level for what they sell given it’s the high end brands. With so many on here wiping their ass with $700 upgrades I doubt theyre gonna push anyone to buy Amazon Raptor Fogs, which sounds like what that guy was lookin for…
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didnt mean it sarcastically but I also don’t read or see every post here so missed that one…just going off what I’ve seen and not yet a customer. Still, from what I’ve seen, $700 is gonna be entry level for what they sell given it’s the high end brands. With so many on here wiping their ass with $700 upgrades I doubt theyre gonna push anyone to buy Amazon Raptor Fogs, which sounds like what that guy was lookin for…
We also have a kit that's $529 ($476.10 after discount) with USA Made brackts and USA Made lights. So that was an option we had in the link I posted in that thread. There's also a $399 ($359.10 after discount) kit as well that gives you street legal fogs. I thought those options I had given him were right in line with what he wanted.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I now feel compelled to share my bad experience with this company because they clearly don’t get customer service.

Here is my story:
I wanted the IAG interior lights but they were sold out on IAG.

4x4 posted on this forum they had them in stock and ready to ship and I purchased an hour after their post.

I purchased from 4x4 purely because they said they had them in stock and IAG did not.

They didn’t ship after 2-3 days I asked why. They said it was because they were waiting to get their shipment from IAG even though their website AND on this forum they said it was in stock.

I asked for a return/refund. They said I should wait because I’d be penalized with a restocking fee. A restocking fee for a product they didn’t even have?!?

From the beginning of the conversation they were horrible communicators and it got worse when I said I wanted a refund.

Out of principle I made them refund me with the bullshit restocking fee and bought them from IAG a few days later when they were instock. Curious if 4x4 was just drop shipping them.

Search this forum and you’ll see countless people with negative experiences with 4x4. Yes you’ll see some with good experiences. IMO the way this company treats customers is that customers are always wrong and they are always right. It’s funny they are great at responding to people’s post on the forum and giving advice but don’t do a great job with post purchase support if it involves something they don’t want to hear. I’ve since bought a fog light kit from another company and am going to buy Alpharex headlights from one of their competitors …all because they charged me a restocking fee and gave me shit for a product they didn’t even have in stock. Had they refunded me I would’ve spent well over 2k with them.

Just my experience…yours could be different.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I now feel compelled to share my bad experience with this company because they clearly don’t get customer service.

Here is my story:
I wanted the IAG interior lights but they were sold out on IAG.

4x4 posted on this forum they had them in stock and ready to ship and I purchased an hour after their post.

I purchased from 4x4 purely because they said they had them in stock and IAG did not.

They didn’t ship after 2-3 days I asked why. They said it was because they were waiting to get their shipment from IAG even though their website AND on this forum they said it was in stock.

I asked for a return/refund. They said I should wait because I’d be penalized with a restocking fee. A restocking fee for a product they didn’t even have?!?

From the beginning of the conversation they were horrible communicators and it got worse when I said I wanted a refund.

Out of principle I made them refund me with the bullshit restocking fee and bought them from IAG a few days later when they were instock. Curious if 4x4 was just drop shipping them.

Search this forum and you’ll see countless people with negative experiences with 4x4. Yes you’ll see some with good experiences. IMO the way this company treats customers is that customers are always wrong and they are always right. It’s funny they are great at responding to people’s post on the forum and giving advice but don’t do a great job with post purchase support if it involves something they don’t want to hear. I’ve since bought a fog light kit from another company and am going to buy Alpharex headlights from one of their competitors …all because they charged me a restocking fee and gave me shit for a product they didn’t even have in stock. Had they refunded me I would’ve spent well over 2k with them.

Just my experience…yours could be different.
We've never drop shipped anything from IAG ever. We stock their products.

When we post something as IN STOCK, it's IN STOCK at our warehouse. But we sell a lot of things and things sell out. I don't recall who you are but it sounds like by the time you placed your order we sold out but had more coming in. When we used to sell the dome lights as soon as we'd post about them people would flock to our site to buy them within minutes of us posting that we had them in stock. There were also 2 styles. Hard top and soft tops.

So it sounds like we made a post, people flocked to our site and gobbled up our inventory. When you placed your order they probably just sold out. It sounds like we contacted you right away about this though to let you know we had more en route to us (which we did, we would not lie and tell you that if it was not true).

As for the restocking/cancellation fee. You must have used Paypal to purchase from us, correct? Paypal charges us 3.49% + $0.49 of the transaction fee as their merchant fee. When we refund a paypal transaction they KEEP their fee. They don't refund it back to us. So the customer has to pay for that. It's covered in our terms/conditions on our site, which are presented to every customer prior to checkout to which you agreed to when placing the order. We DO NOT want to charge this paypal fee but it's not fair to us to pay for this either.

A lot of companies now adays have similar policies regarding paypal fees, and even some who charge the credit card fees. Some even add on an extra fee on top of this. But we don't. We just charge whatever paypal actually charges us, which we think is fair.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but items sell out from time to time. It happens, especially with newer products like the IAG Dome lights were when they came out. We could barely keep them on the shelves (because as I said, when we'd make a post telling folks that we had them, they'd sell out right away).

We RARELY drop ship. We have a 6,000 square foot warehouse with tons of inventory on hand. Ask anybody who's ordered from us and they'll tell you the same.

Customers like to leave bad reviews more then they like to leave negative reviews. Are we perfect? Absolutely not. We're a small business doing the best we can. Customers get upset for many reasons, including something being out of stock. Is it fair for someone to give us a bad review simply because an order could not ship for 2-3 days? That doesn't seem fair to me...

Again I don't remember this exaclty but it rings a bell. And it sounds like we kept in communication with you the whole way and were very up front with you about inventory levels. We had them in stock, by the time your order came in they sold out, we let you know right away they were en route to us and recommended keeping your order in. You decided not to, we cancelled your order and made you aware of the fee. The fee isn't to PUNISH you either, it's just a fee we get hit with. When we sell an item it's part of the P&L but why should we have to pay for a fee when we've not sold an item, and a customer wants to cancel an order just to spite us (as yuo said). That's not fair at all is it.

What if a customer places an order for $2,000 worth of items, and changes his mind because he decided to hold off on the item for now. That happens to us all the time. An order comes in at 9pm on a saturday and by 9am on Sunday we have an order cancellation. Should we eat the $70.29 fee when we did nothing wrong ?

People think it's amusing to come onto FB or a public message board and BASH a company. I have a family to feed. I do the best I can. I can't give things out for free or take money out of my pocket because people make mistakes on our website or decide to be spitefull because an item is going to take an extra 2 days to arrive to them. It's not right. People are so quick to just go online and bash someone without understanding the repructions. It's "FUN" for people to just "jump on the bandwagon" and chime in.

You ordered an item that just sold out... I mean, does that warrant coming on here and bashing our company now just to "jump on the bandwagon"

Those who leave these reviews treat us as if we're some horrible company out to hurt people and I just don't understand why people feel the need to be so hatred and try and hurt companies. I'ver seen people do this with other vendors on here over the smallest things. It's not right...

Last edited:

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've gotten advice from adam, and bought items from him. He's went above and beyond with the advice and products worked as they should.

Nothing wrong with being short and to the point, as long as it answers the question. The fact he's responding to business related emails, on sundays, is pretty damn impressive TBH.

But hey, go ahead and order from somewhere else, find the cheapest price on amazon and have at it. Make sure you tell the company your working with that you found it cheaper/free shipping as well...

Sponsored

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What if a customer places an order for $2,000 worth of items, and changes his mind because he decided to hold off on the item for now. That happens to us all the time. An order comes in at 9pm on a saturday and by 9am on Sunday we have an order cancellation. Should we eat the $70.29 fee when we did nothing wrong ?
I think it's absolutely nonsense that a CC merchant keeps the fee on a refund. This needs to be changed and I agree, a modest fee to cover that isn't unreasonable. However, a blanket 15% is. On your $2k example, that's $300. How do you account for the extra $229.71 being charged for receiving nothing on an item you didn't even have in inventory?

People think it's amusing to come onto FB or a public message board and BASH a company.
Feedback isn't bashing. Quit thinking of it in such an overly dramatic sense. A lot of times it's someone venting, but a lot of times it can be valuable. If you see a pattern, maybe something needs to change.

I have a family to feed. I do the best I can.
So do your customers.

You ordered an item that just sold out... I mean, does that warrant coming on here and bashing our company now just to "jump on the bandwagon"
That's a matter of perspective. Some people seem to think so, some don't. It's one of those costs of doing business. You've provided your side of the story. Just leave it at that.

Those who leave these reviews treat us as if we're some horrible company out to hurt people and I just don't understand why people feel the need to be so hatred and try and hurt companies. I'ver seen people do this with other vendors on here over the smallest things. It's not right...
So "bashing" your customers in return is the right course of action? Maybe you just don't have the temperament to handle CS when things go south. It's OK, but realize that and fix it. Don't whine about it, that's seriously unbecoming and a large part of what people complain about.

Keep in mind, every time you respond, it bumps this to the top, which creates more views, which gives more opportunity for feedback you won't like. Maybe it's time to take a breath, have a drink and enjoy the weekend. Do something with that family you need to feed!

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ended up blocking them completely. Stupidly bad experience, and held my silence. Not easy.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it's absolutely nonsense that a CC merchant keeps the fee on a refund. This needs to be changed and I agree, a modest fee to cover that isn't unreasonable. However, a blanket 15% is. On your $2k example, that's $300. How do you account for the extra $229.71 being charged for receiving nothing?
Where did you read 15%??? Paypal takes 3.49% + $0.49 of the fee. And I agree it's obsurd they keep their fee even if we refund a customer. It's why a lot of companies have added a similar policy as ours (in fact, we saw other vendors doing this and decided to impliment it as part of our policy also).

We've heard CC merchants doing the same with some vendors. We're lucky enough in that our merchant does not do this (which oddly is actually a PayPal company, go figure, but they give us the processing fee back on a refund, so we don't have to charge the customer).

So "bashing" your customers in return is the right course of action? Maybe you just don't have the temperament to handle CS when things go south. It's OK, but realize that and fix it. Don't whine about it, that's seriously unbecoming and a large part of what people complain about.
a breath, have a drink and enjoy the weekend. Do something with that family you need to feed!
We're not bashing anybody. I'm defending myself and providing more facts/data about specific instances that took place. This way everybody can see the OTHER SIDE of the story.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you read 15%???
I may have misread, my apologies. 15% is pretty standard amongst vendors who charge 'restocking' fees.

We're not bashing anybody. I'm defending myself and providing more facts/data about specific instances that took place. This way everybody can see the OTHER SIDE of the story.
That's what you THINK you're doing, but you're hurting yourself more than helping.

I bought a DD light kit from you. I paid, you shipped, done and done. It's the bare minimum of what should happen in a retail transaction and deserves neither praise or condemnation. But due to a lot of what I've seen from you on the forums, I won't order again simply because if something does go wrong, I don't know if I'll get Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde.

Keep in mind I'm not the only one who recognizes that and not everyone vocalizes it. I've seen vendors across many hobbies on many sites voraciously 'defend' ever single little thing and it always ends up hurting them more than helping. It can't be good for your blood pressure either!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs