Sponsored

A shout out to @Flip (Ruxer Parts) for great service and saving me money!

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

As you all know, when you order the dual tops Ford takes away the slide out tailgate on models that normally include it, like the Everglades in my case. I’m still not sure why Ford does this, as it is clearly not a space issue for shipping the top in the rear of the Bronco.

When I ordered my Everglades I knew I wanted the dual top option and could wait to decide on the slide out tailgate. Once my Everglades hit my dealers lot, I texted and asked if they had the tailgate in stock. The response was that they did not, but could get it for me for $1432.08 plus “a hundred or two to install”. So, I am buying a new Bronco from them, and they want to gouge me on parts prices before I even pick up the vehicle.

So, of course, I get on Bronco6G and look up the sponsor I couldn’t remember. I was quickly able to turn up Ruxer Parts and @flip. I set up my account with them and ordered the slide out tailgate, saving several hundred dollars even with shipping.

About a week later a big box shows up. I didn’t open it since I couldn’t install it for a few days. So, the weekend arrives and out come the tools and the box gets opened! Unfortunately, it turns out the two mounting brackets and hardware (bolts) were missing. 😢. So I put everything back in the big box and pm’d Flip on here.

The next thing I know he is tracking down parts and sending me updates 😳.

A couple days later the brackets and bolts show up at my house. Seriously, only a few days!

I got the big box back out and spent 15-20 minutes installing the slide out tailgate (seriously, my dealer was going to charge “one or two hundred” for a 15-20 minute job?).

TLDR - Thank you @flip for the personal attention and saving me several hundred dollars!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes - thanks @flip - has been very informative and helpful on here, and Ruxer gets all my Ford parts orders because of it.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As you all know, when you order the dual tops Ford takes away the slide out tailgate on models that normally include it, like the Everglades in my case. I’m still not sure why Ford does, this as it is clearly not a space issue for shipping the top in the rear of the Bronco.

When I ordered my Everglades I knew I wanted the dual top option and could wait to decide on the slide out tailgate. Once my Everglades hit my dealers lot, I texted and asked if they had the tailgate in stock. The response was that they did not, but could get it for me for $14322.08 plus “a hundred or two to install”. So, I am buying a new Bronco from them, and they want to gouge me on parts prices before I even pick up the vehicle.

So, of course, I get on Bronco6G and look up the sponsor I couldn’t remember. I was quickly able to turn up Ruxer Parts and @flip. I set up my account with them and ordered the slide out tailgate, saving several hundred dollars even with shipping.

About a week later a big box shows up. I didn’t open it since I couldn’t install it for a few days. So, the weekend arrives and out come the tools and the box gets opened! Unfortunately, it turns out the two mounting brackets and hardware (bolts) were missing. 😢. So I put everything back in the big box and pm’d Flip on here.

The next thing I know he is tracking down parts and sending me updates 😳.

A couple days later the brackets and bolts show up at my house. Seriously, only a few days!

I got the big box back out and spent 15-20 minutes installing the slide out tailgate (seriously, my dealer was going to charge “one or two hundred” for a 15-20 minute job?).

TLDR - Thank you @flip for the personal attention and saving me several hundred dollars!
If I remember correctly, Ford takes away the slide out tailgate due to weight constraints. Its dumb but I believe that's the reasoning.
Sponsored