Sponsored

How to value Bronco for total loss claim?

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You could look into using a company like https://collisionsafetyconsultants.us/

They charge a flat fee to value the vehicle and negotiate with your insurance company. It looks like they do free consultations. In full disclosure, I have not personally used them, however they seem to have a pretty good following of satisfied customers on social media.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You could look into using a company like https://collisionsafetyconsultants.us/

They charge a flat fee to value the vehicle and negotiate with your insurance company. It looks like they do free consultations. In full disclosure, I have not personally used them, however they seem to have a pretty good following of satisfied customers on social media.
They are not licensed in Washington State.. but I will ask

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think you need anyone but yourself involved at this point, especially at a personal cost. The value is way off. You have local comps on a brand new vehicle, this isn't a rare out of production vehicle that requires an appraisal or expertise with one for sale in the nation.

If you do not already have a copy of the valuation report, do nothing else until you do.

From there you can protest SPECIFICs of why they are so off.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They have offered me $48k. I can't find a sub 15,000 miles 2021 Badlands LUX SAS with a hardtop for anything near that. I think it is worth in the mid fifties.

Other than a public adjuster, what are my definitive options to dispute their valuation?
Sorry to burst your bubble but I almost bought a second 23 Bronco - that was a new loaded Badlands with SaS, Hardtop, and LUX and it was discounted $8K-9K. Ford is offering $2K in rebates in my region for these leftover 2023s. It was $53K + taxes + fees.

It was silver and the last color I was interested so I was evaluating PPF options - but it was sold a week later.

Even new 24s are being discounted heavily.
Ford Bronco How to value Bronco for total loss claim? 1717599487771-h6

I think the insurance company is probably using MMR/auction data then adding a small amount on top plus taxes. KBB is junk to me. It's months behind and often overinflated. I haven't see Bronco MMRs in a while but when I last asked my dealer friend in early 2024 they were pretty low. Ford has overproduced Broncos and overpriced them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't think you need anyone but yourself involved at this point, especially at a personal cost. The value is way off. You have local comps on a brand new vehicle, this isn't a rare out of production vehicle that requires an appraisal or expertise with one for sale in the nation.

If you do not already have a copy of the valuation report, do nothing else until you do.

From there you can protest SPECIFICs of why they are so off.
They seem to think that a soft top 2.3L is worth not much less than a 2.7 hardtop with no mods.

Attachments

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry to burst your bubble but I almost bought a second 23 Bronco - that was a new loaded Badlands with SaS, Hardtop, and LUX and it was discounted $8K-9K. Ford is offering $2K in rebates in my region for these leftover 2023s. It was $53K + taxes + fees.

It was silver and the last color I was interested so I was evaluating PPF options - but it was sold a week later.

Even new 24s are being discounted heavily.
Ford Bronco How to value Bronco for total loss claim? 1717599487771-h6

I think the insurance company is probably using MMR/auction data then adding a small amount on top plus taxes. KBB is junk to me. It's months behind and often overinflated. I haven't see Bronco MMRs in a while but when I last asked my dealer friend in early 2024 they were pretty low. Ford has overproduced Broncos and overpriced them.
I cannot find anything similar within 50 miles of me for less than $55k. Its a special place here in Seatle.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had a look through the comps, More than half (4 comps of 7 provided) are for a 2.3L. The 3 they did provide for the 2.7L, they priced you under, one of which is a 2dr.

So out of 7 comps, 2 they provided are 2.7L 4' Door.

2.7L/4 Door Should be all 7, these are not in short supply anywhere in the nation. Not at all acceptable

You don't need any professional help with this, call up the adjuster and explain the comps arent even on comparable vehicles

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Safeco/aka Liberty Mutual I have been a customer for 30+years and will be leaving as soon as the check clears. This is my first big claim and I have never had an at fault claim. In this case I was hit by a DUI drugged driver
Sue the DUI/drugged individual as well. Maybe a settlement would close the gap between what the insurance company offered you and fair market value.

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sue the DUI/drugged individual as well. Maybe a settlement would close the gap between what the insurance company offered you and fair market value.
Ha! She has minimal insurance and 100s of thousands in medical bills. Thankfully I have good coverage on uninsured/underinsured liability. Thankfully on the PI stuff I am confident that the lawyer will help

Sponsored

TPBuff

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX5, Ordered Bronco to replace a totaled MX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should be to evoke your "appraisal clause" You hire an appraiser that specialness in this. Both you and your insurance company are bound by the appraisers decision similar to arbitration. I'm in Buffalo, NY and just had to this with a totaled Miata MX-5 that had a lot of mods. I argued to get the insurance company up some but still was to satisfied. The company I used charged $300 and if he did not get you more than that you owed him nothing. He was able to increase my value and get the $1500 max for non OEM modifications that was in my policy that I was being told I could not use.
Good Luck!

FormerRotor

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a guy from our local Porsche club who is a professional appraiser. He really just does it in retirement, but so I hesitate to post his info publicly, but PM me if you want it. He is regularly successful with Depreciated value claims and can very likely handle the total loss with ease.

FWIW: I (unfortunately) handled 2 of our own total losses in the past 2 years

- Know your local laws
- Be calm, patient, and kind. Most of these folks aren’t empowered to do anything but low ball, but they may give you helpful tips with winks and nudges if they’re secretly cheering you on.
- Know (and have evidence to support) your vehicle’s value.
- Don’t budge on value until you’ve been bumped up the insurance company’s hierarchy at least 2x. No one lower is empowered to pay up.
- Don’t invoke professional appraisal clauses unless you already have one in your pocket that supports your claim.
- Start high so that you have a little room to come down in the end.

so far my track record averages 170% of initial offer value (with weird cars that are hard to value) without having involved a professional appraiser or attorney. Remember: the last thing an insurer wants is to be publicly perceived as the “big bad insurer” lowballing the “little guy” and the folks higher in the chain know the cost of time waste.

Good luck!

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Public appraiser engaged and has supported my numbers... Safeco sucks at communication. I am on my 4th adjuster and the second just took PTO for 12 days without mentioning it (everyone deserves a vacation) but her out office asks that you wait till she returns to discuss your claim. That is BS. There should be systems in place to ensure processing of claims continues when employees are out. 1&2 were before total loss, 3 took a week off and for some reason it was shifted to a 4th who had 3 days of work on it before she left yesterday for 12 days.. Its insane.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My insurance (LM/Safeco) has already agreed to a payout of $48,300 + sales tax/registration fees. I believe that the value of the Bronco is somewhere in the mid 50s. I think they are shorting me $7,500. I have 2 options- 1) Hire a Washington State Public Adjuster - I am looking for one, or 2) get a lawyer involved. Option 2 is probably more trouble/expense than it is worth. I have been trying to find a public adjuster.

The medical/personal injury is completely separate- I had a consistent headache for 2.5 weeks and now it is intermittent. I also have hip, thigh, pelvic pain and that has been ongoing. I have retained a PI attorney who will deal with that portion of the probelm.

I just want to be made whole out of situation that I didn't cause and was the result of someone else's poor decisions.
Dang man, hate you lost that Bronco. Still remember us chatting about what we were ordering 4 years ago; people absolutely suck!

Well, I have Liberty as well and can tell you, they low ball like crazy and it’s based on the coverage you pay for with them.

Best bet is to get value quotes in writing and copy the adjuster and their boss on it. Be very careful with your language and find ways to say you need to be made whole.

As for the other person, doesn’t matter what level of coverage or minimums they had, they can be liable and be sued since you were injured beyond the insurance pay off. I’d nail them and make them suffer so they have a scary story to tell about why they’re bankrupt. Take it all and drag it for as long as necessary.

Liberty likely won’t give you above the $48K unless you drag it out with them for 6 months. I’d focus on the person‘s insurance, not my own and keep at them to make you whole. Then Liberty can perhaps make up the difference or other way around. The 2 companies don’t settle unless you allow them. In fact, you can instruct Liberty to not communicate with them. Think that’s the best way to make up that difference.

Also, check with you state insurance commish to see what they’ll allow. Won’t advise you, but will tell you your options legally.

Good luck bud. In the end, I hope you make those jackasses pay for a Braptor! Then we’ll go hit some trails. :)

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dang man, hate you lost that Bronco. Still remember us chatting about what we were ordering 4 years ago; people absolutely suck!

Well, I have Liberty as well and can tell you, they low ball like crazy and it’s based on the coverage you pay for with them.

Best bet is to get value quotes in writing and copy the adjuster and their boss on it. Be very careful with your language and find ways to say you need to be made whole.

As for the other person, doesn’t matter what level of coverage or minimums they had, they can be liable and be sued since you were injured beyond the insurance pay off. I’d nail them and make them suffer so they have a scary story to tell about why they’re bankrupt. Take it all and drag it for as long as necessary.

Liberty likely won’t give you above the $48K unless you drag it out with them for 6 months. I’d focus on the person‘s insurance, not my own and keep at them to make you whole. Then Liberty can perhaps make up the difference or other way around. The 2 companies don’t settle unless you allow them. In fact, you can instruct Liberty to not communicate with them. Think that’s the best way to make up that difference.

Also, check with you state insurance commish to see what they’ll allow. Won’t advise you, but will tell you your options legally.

Good luck bud. In the end, I hope you make those jackasses pay for a Braptor! Then we’ll go hit some trails. :)
Pretty confident that a 39yo in a low paying job who has a history of THC and fentanyl does not have much to go after

I have under insured coverage that will make me whole eventually

Sponsored