Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They just use a pair of channel locks on the inner it turns real easy. I had the dealership align mine after installing the sleeves. Cost me 90$ for the alignment which wasn’t hardly off at all. Use the caliper to measure the length and you’ll get it almost spot on.
It would turn easy if you don’t loctite it like he does in the video! Myself would never loctite like he did it’s gonna be a nightmare to replace when the tie rod wears out. That’s why they use a jam but in the first place.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It would turn easy if you don’t loctite it like he does in the video! Myself would never loctite like he did it’s gonna be a nightmare to replace when the tie rod wears out. That’s why they use a jam but in the first place.

That's why we went with blue (medium strength). It's a little tougher to get loose, but not too bad.

Loctite or anti-seize, every main fastener gets something (sometimes both 😉).

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah I misread it, was thinking of it all wrong. (wife was distracting me while I was trying to respond). You would have to use a pipe wrench or something similar just above the sleeve to adjust.

I went back and watched video. I thought it reused the jam nut but I get it now. ;) So you would just loosen the sleeve and adjust the inner and retighten.
I just used never-seize on it and was able to just turn the inner tie rod by hand. Then tighten the nut part against the the Tie-Rod
Just to get it in the ballpark, and then at the shop align it
(I got it all messed up because when I put my level kit on it, I remove the lower control arms and got everything out of whack)
Sponsored