Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
LOL

How about Tread lightly, respect and don't destroy the land.. This is just another example of an irresponsible off-roader who has no respect for the land. It's also a reason why trails are being restricted and shut down.. Also, while on the subject of not respecting the land, how about the slobs who leave trash everywhere on the trial and at dispersed camp sites.
You want trash. The aftermatch
This shit pisses me off:
"this was an unmarked piece of junk in the middle of nowhere".
Like, that means it's cool to just destroy things? Get that crap out of here.

Leave no trace means leaving no trace you were ever there.
Just keep in mind, an unremarkable piece of junk from nowhere that wrote that sentence.
Sponsored

SeptuagenerianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Tram is on the National Register of Historic Places and Death Valley in one of 63 US National Parks.
I’ve been to Death Valley and 46 other National Parks. I have not seen any signs in any of them to drive wherever you want to.

There are some great and challenging roads in many of our National Parks. I highly recommend White Rim Trail and Elephant Hill Road in Canyonlands. But these areas are not Off Road Parks. These Parks have many specific rules which are designed to preserve these areas for others use for generations to come. In general, firearms are prohibited and dogs are not allowed (at least on hiking trails).

Hopefully, the vast majority of people on this forum will “Leave No Trace” and adhere to the other rules of OUR National Parks, so our children and grandchildren can enjoy them in the unspoiled beauty that the National Park Service is trying to preserve.

The attached pictures are
DSC_4775.jpeg
DSC_4789.jpeg
DSC_4788.jpeg
of a tram to the Keane Wonder Mine (an old Gold Mine in DVNP). I think most would agree that scenery like this is worth preserving.
Thanks for the excellent images--they provide valuable, informative context. These structures are part of our industrial heritage, and worth preserving. Here in the Northeast, some old factories and mills have been preserved for us to better understand and appreciate older technologies. In some cases, they adorn places restored as restaurants or other updated purposes, but some are preserved in close to their original state.

I think most would agree that scenery like this is worth preserving.

So very true. At the risk of hijacking this thread, and introducing a contentious issue, I have a powerful dislike for seeing "solar fields" and wind turbines out in these spectacular locales. Acknowledging that opinions are very strong and varied, I am of the persuasion that most of these will not yield the benefits that have advanced their construction, and they will be abandoned (and also toxic) technology littering our landscapes.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So just because some mining company was too lazy or cheap to remove their equipment after they were done with the land somehow makes their work debris important and/or historical. These towers and there are more than just a few, pretty much destroy the natural landscape.
Exactly

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I seriously hope that several people in this thread are just trolling and only mall crawl. Some of the behaviors and attitudes shown in this thread are dangers to anyone and everyone who enjoys getting out on the same trails..

Please educate yourself..

The National Parks Service states the following:

"Saline Valley Salt Tram is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is considered nationally significant because of its age, length, steepness, preservation, and scenic setting.”

There is no indication in your post history that you actually off-road so based on that and your I don't care attitude, it's a good thing that you don't. Please keep it that way and stay off trails.

Your attitude towards off-roading and the preservation of our ability to continue using these lands is flat out dangerous and disgusting! It is counter to everything the responsible adult off-roading community stands for and fights for.
You must be a lot of fun at your local HOA...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rydfree

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So just because some mining company was too lazy or cheap to remove their equipment after they were done with the land somehow makes their work debris important and/or historical. These towers and there are more than just a few, pretty much destroy the natural landscape.
Sort of like the pyramids and roman colosseum. I mean , clean that shit up.

OP
OP
Rydfree

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How about blaming the person who left the tower here in the first place .
It was muddy and they didn't have a winch . Give the guys a break.

Sponsored

DemonGT

Heritage
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Based off the response of members in this thread, i feel i have a pretty good idea what generation each are from.

What if someone finds the towers "offensive?" Would it be ok to tear them down?

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here in the Northeast, some old factories and mills have been preserved for us to better understand and appreciate older technologies.
And more.

The historical underpinnings and how the working class had made a living, how the workforce was treated during those times, the change of culture, migration patterns, and how such places contributed to this country's industrial powerbase, how technology evolved, the impacts of technology to the local economies, and the impact to the cities, towns, and the families when they go obsolete.

Ford Bronco Hope this wasn't a Bronco owner DSC_0268

This machinery above is the definition of junk. Technology and competition has made it obsolete. It no longer contributes to industry or prosperity.

The factory is now silent. Thoughtful introspection and reflection of what was paints a stark contrast against what is today. You can visualize the many workers toiling about. You can see the wear patterns burned into the wooden floors. You can smell the grease and oils to keep the machinery functional. Our country, the heritage, would not be what it is today without such industry. It may not be exciting, it may not be 'fun', but there are many lessons that can be gleaned ... which is priceless to many and is why it is preserved.

Remember these folk? “High On Life” sunday fundayz
Ford Bronco Hope this wasn't a Bronco owner 1716122832343-w4

Was the actual damage, in the above, significant? Probably not. Although, if all the folk on that boardwalk said, hey that looks fun lets join in ... the feature would have been destroyed in short order. It's just a swampy, steamy, and wet caldera right?

As far as the OP, it's not necessarily the mistake itself. I doubt there was the intent. It's the 'it's fine, that's just junk' thought pattern that encourages others to believe such things are ok ... it's just fooling about ... which leads to even more such mistakes.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Based off the response of members in this thread, i feel i have a pretty good idea what generation each are from.

What if someone finds the towers "offensive?" Would it be ok to tear them down?
Only if it's to protest the correct cause... LOL

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've not seen this level of disrespect for the land and environment on other forums. I think it's a generational thing, a maturity level thing and I am also starting to think it's a Bronco thing..

Posts like these are made every so often in Jeep Forums, Overlanding Forums and other 4x4 forums. This is the 1st time I've seen the disrespect at an epic level. Not only that, but it's rampant and celebrated here.

Not a good look for the Bronco community.

It's obvious these people don't really off-road, which is a good thing based on their attitudes. It's also obvious they have never been in an off-road club. Clubs would not stand for their disrespectful attitudes towards land and environment and would boot them out quickly..

If any of them do actually off-road then these are the same people who leave their trash everywhere on the trail, make their own trails in restricted areas and get trail restricted and/or shut down.

They are like locust and destroy everything they can and don't care..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.