Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks @JBlanco, I appreciate your experience on this. This is my wife’s 2024 Heritage with 7 speaker system. I have been working down her accessory list BiminI etc. The stereo was so bad I just decided to do something on my own. It would not likely ever be on her list. I made a 4 step plan with 4” speakers step 1. I was surprised how big a difference just the 4” made! playing off of @SROC3 ”Rabbit Hole” comment. Only meaning, if I do the amp/dsp, then I will likely want to do the sub as well. Based on your comment, I discussed the improvements available along with the costs of next steps with my wife. She is not a stereo person, but she is going to assess and let me know if she wants to proceed any further. Thanks again!
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks @JBlanco, I appreciate your experience on this. This is my wife’s 2024 Heritage with 7 speaker system. I have been working down her accessory list BiminI etc. The stereo was so bad I just decided to do something on my own. It would not likely ever be on her list. I made a 4 step plan with 4” speakers step 1. I was surprised how big a difference just the 4” made! playing off of @SROC3 ”Rabbit Hole” comment. Only meaning, if I do the amp/dsp, then I will likely want to do the sub as well. Based on your comment, I discussed the improvements available along with the costs of next steps with my wife. She is not a stereo person, but she is going to assess and let me know if she wants to proceed any further. Thanks again!
Thanks for the kind words but credit where credit is due, @SROC3 is the guy with the experience and providing us with the information on this, I'm the one asking all the newbie questions!

I did replace the fake amp and sub with real ones but it was a plug and play job (on 23' Broncos) other than coding a few numbers on Forscan. My only recommendation is to add some sound deadening behind the sub box before closing things up as it will rattle.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the kind words but credit where credit is due, @SROC3 is the guy with the experience and providing us with the information on this, I'm the one asking all the newbie questions!

I did replace the fake amp and sub with real ones but it was a plug and play job (on 23' Broncos) other than coding a few numbers on Forscan. My only recommendation is to add some sound deadening behind the sub box before closing things up as it will rattle.
Haha! All good man! We are all here to help each other is how I see it :) Man.....I have learned SO MANY things from this forum (and other Online forums as well). Just an amazing resource for all of us! To what the previous post said - I actually still do NOT have a sub yet (will be adding at some point, after I work a few more street corners :ROFLMAO:) and the sound with the 200.4 w/ Hertz in front, Kicker below, and Focal in back, is actually pretty darn good....But yes a good sub added to the party will make a BIG difference for sure. When I added a sub to the Harman Kardon system in my X3 it really took things to the next level.

BTW - about that "fake sub and Amp".........Hmmm....If I have the base system, does this mean I have a FAKE SUB BOX already in my rear panel and just need to replace it with a "real" speaker (sub)? I have a 22' Bronco.

Crabber50

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I reversed your names in my post! Apologies all around, I won’t fix it as you have with this post. Thank you!

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with Focal Hertz CX100 in the front corners of my B&O. Liked them more than the DCX on Crutchfields listen and compare feature. Massive upgrade over stock. Sadly going to the 6.5” CX165 in the rear was not nearly as impressive of an upgrade. Ended up swapping them for component K 165, which were better—but still nowhere near the impact the front swap made.
How did the CX100 fit, I was going with those until I couldn't fit them in the rear because of the tight speaker cover, I'm told that they will not fit and I didn't want different series of speaker front and rear?

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do the tabs on these Hertz 4" speakers line up with the stock holes in the Bronco? I purchased Polk which has slotted tabs but the holes in the Bronco were too far apart for them.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do the tabs on these Hertz 4" speakers line up with the stock holes in the Bronco? I purchased Polk which has slotted tabs but the holes in the Bronco were too far apart for them.
yes they line up prefectly, you just have to cut or snap two of them off. Befroe you do, make sure you drop it in to see WHICH ONES you need to snap off.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Know this thread is dated, but wanted to thank the OP for helping me decide on the Hertz 100.3 for my B&O fronts...installed them yesterday and EXTREMELY pleased...
haha nice! :) I recently changed out my 6-inch Kickpanel speakers to MOREL MAXIMA Series Coaxials.......OMG. The glorious sound - and since this post I have also added a 10 inch sub, amp and LC2i. My soundstage is ridiculously mind-blowing. I highly recommend the MORELs. They are THAT MUCH better.

Here is the discussion thread I created, prior to upgrade:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/upgrade-for-kicker-6-5-kickpanels.94486/

MOREL upgrade thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...r-upgrade-kicker-to-morel.94960/#post-2248688

I'm glad I helped out and feel free to ask me any more questions!

hilmerdm

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the tip on the Morel's...I impulsed bought the rear 6.5" SSV pods with SSV speakers a few months ago which led me down the road of B&O upgrade lol. Wish I read the forum more extensively before the SSV speakers but can always change them out (but they did improve the sound that much I knew I wanted more - hence the dash upgrade). Happy I got the Hertz right!!! Now debating between various sub upgrades, or the Morel's, but want to wait to hear the soundstage when I put the top and roof back on - it's summer!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the tip on the Morel's...I impulsed bought the rear 6.5" SSV pods with SSV speakers a few months ago which led me down the road of B&O upgrade lol. Wish I read the forum more extensively before the SSV speakers but can always change them out (but they did improve the sound that much I knew I wanted more - hence the dash upgrade). Happy I got the Hertz right!!! Now debating between various sub upgrades, or the Morel's, but want to wait to hear the soundstage when I put the top and roof back on - it's summer!!!
I would start with the Sub first as the next upgrade and then the MORELs. I upgraded to a sub setup - Kicker10 inch downfiring enclosure, JL Audio amp and LC2i Pro line output converter. The LC2i is magic. DEF get one regardless of what sub setup you end up with. It makes such a HUGE difference. I previously had the kickers and was trying to fine tune my setup for almost 2 months (no joke) and then realized that I was trying to reproduce mid-range bass w/ the sub and could not. Then I installed the MORELs......broke them in for about 2 weeks and KAPOW. I dont even have rear 6.5 pods (which I will get at some point and fill them w/ the same MORELs) and my system sounds probably just as good as a $3K ++ system. I spent all of $1,600-ish and that includes my swapping out the kickers for Hertz's and MORELs :)

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do it - trust me.

I replaced the dash/pod speakers with the Hertz and did the kicker/fusion amp install. I've never done anything with car audio before, and it was super simple... I did have the dummy amp/sub so it was basically plug-and-play due to connections being live. The added bass definitely rounded out the sound, and I'm completely happy with the results.

The bass won't vibrate your seats off with the 6-inch kicker, of course, but I wasn't looking for that... especially with having a soft top. I just wanted an "acceptable" amount, and it does that. Could always get a better amp or did the 8-inch sub but that would have been more work seeing as I'm happy the way it is now.
In addition to the dash and pod speakers upgrade with the Hertz, I finally got around to adding the fusion amp and Kicker sub, did the Forscan programming and lo and behold there is some solid bass. I agree this is all it needed. Thanks again for the recommendation.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In addition to the dash and pod speakers upgrade with the Hertz, I finally got around to adding the fusion amp and Kicker sub, did the Forscan programming and lo and behold there is some solid bass. I agree this is all it needed. Thanks again for the recommendation.
Anytime man! :) It isn't "mind-blowing" bass....but i don't think that is what we are all looking for. Most of us just want clarity and clean sound. Advice - "tune" your system for the specific volume level you listen to the most. This way, you won't have to keep adjusting every other song. Also, it will take about 2 weeks for that sub to "break-in". When it does, you'll know as the sound will be fuller and the bass lines will be more defined. Try playing this song to reference a before and after ;) - POLYPHIA, "Playing God" :cool:

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m in the process of getting all the materials for the Hertz 4” dash and pod upgrade. I’m not an audio expert. Are the bass blockers needed? And if so, 300 or 600? I’ve read through the numerous threads and opinions vary. What will the sound be like with no blockers? Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m in the process of getting all the materials for the Hertz 4” dash and pod upgrade. I’m not an audio expert. Are the bass blockers needed? And if so, 300 or 600? I’ve read through the numerous threads and opinions vary. What will the sound be like with no blockers? Thanks for the help!
So, I tried it with 300 HZ and 600HZ blockers.....I like the 600 HZ better - what these do is "block" the bass signal, up to a certain frequency, from being sent to the speaker. The 300HZ ones were not enough for me as the speakers sounded overloaded. 600HZ was perfect and I could turn it up higher and the music stayed crystal clear. Are you using a Kicker Key 200.4 amp as well or not? If not, I would highly recommend it. The sound difference is THAT good. I also HIGHLY recommend changing out the 6.5 kick panel speakers. That create a better "soundstage". I personally DO NOT like listening to music very loud - but I like my music VERY clear. As you slowly upgrade your system, you will start to hear things that you normally never heard before :cool:
Sponsored