Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello all,

I came across this image of the exact radio I have and where I will place it. I could not figure out how they routed the cable behind the dash. I am assuming they had to drill a hole since there are no pass throughs in that position. I did reach out to this person but never heard back. Thoughts?
Ford Bronco HAM Radio on Dash 20211114_103655-jpg.206966
Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My guess is they drilled a small hole in the dash, then popped out the HERO switches to give access to pull the wire up through it. I've got the same radio, but I mounted it above the driver's sun visor.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks to me like it's running along side the lip, and probably down the passenger side of the dash, rather than through it.
After looking at it again, I think you're right.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is they drilled a small hole in the dash, then popped out the HERO switches to give access to pull the wire up through it. I've got the same radio, but I mounted it above the driver's sun visor.
I finally got around to copying your placement and I'm extremely happy with it. I'm not sure the adhesive pad will hold over time, but if it lets go i'll put a couple short self tapping screws thru.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I finally got around to copying your placement and I'm extremely happy with it. I'm not sure the adhesive pad will hold over time, but if it lets go i'll put a couple short self tapping screws thru.
Awesome! The hot summer heat finally made the adhesive on mine fail, so I ran a couple of small screws through the base and it's as solid as a rock now.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello all,

I came across this image of the exact radio I have and where I will place it. I could not figure out how they routed the cable behind the dash. I am assuming they had to drill a hole since there are no pass throughs in that position. I did reach out to this person but never heard back. Thoughts?
Ford Bronco HAM Radio on Dash 20211114_103655-jpg.206966
Stuff gets hot on dash.

Diller

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 F250, 2012 Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drilled a small hole in my installation. If you remove the glove box, and use a stiff wire as a fish tape, it's fairly easy to feed the wire.

20231226_154238.jpg
Sponsored