35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
The round has great bass. The L7T has more cone surface area then the round. So it has bigger bass then the round. Almost like having a 9" subwoofer.
Yep. Bass at the end of the day is about moving air. Square moves more air.

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend, '19 JLU Rubi, '07 JKU Rubi, '04 F350
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@35tires Very sorry to hear you are having an issue with our box! Here is my cell, feel free to reach out and talk about your setup. We want to help resolve any issues. 239/878/2429

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had mine for a while now and no issue. Customer service is great. Buying another one soon for my other Bronco.

Sponsored

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Since we got our BB Bronco last year, we have been working on an aftermarket subwoofer system. Let's face it, the 6 speaker system sucks!

We had planned on replacing all factory speakers, but after adding our sub, we found there was no need.

Our design has been finalized. We are now considering offering these to the market. The box is designed around the Kicker CompRT 8" sub and Kicker Key500.1 amp. BTW.... we are now a Kicker distributor :cool: . The enclosure is about 0.4 cubic feet, sealed design. Although you could pair any 8" sub and amp combo you wanted, as long as the 8" is a shallow-mounted sub. There is about 4-1/8" of mounting depth. The box fits cleanly behind the rear panel, in the stock B&O location, after removing the storage pocket from the panel. The Key amp is mounted to the top of the box. The stock B&O amp should fit there as well. But this is not tested. The design is for a 4Door. We have not tested on a 2Door yet....

This is not a system to rattle the windows blocks away or set off car alarms as you drive by.
This is a system to inject a great amount of quality bass into a very bass-lacking system.

We plan on having our design custom-molded for us. This is going to take a very long time to make the tooling. But for right now, we are 3D printing the box. Yes, 3D PRINTED, all in one piece. The only drawback to 3d printing is the 28-hour print time per box. The box is coated inside to seal and prevent air leakage. The opening is specifically for the CompRT 8" (7in Diameter Hole). The hole can be opened up with a die grinder for other brands. Need a smaller hole, DM us.

This system has been tested with EDM, Dubstep, New Rock, Hard Rock, New Country, and Cali Ska. All sounds great!

We will sell the box by itself and complete systems with sub and amp.

Enclosure - $275.99
  • Box ONLY
  • Mounting Hardware
Enclosure/Sub - $444.95
  • Enclosure
  • Kicker CompRT 8" 2ohm Sub
  • Mounting Hardware
Complete Setup - $755.96
  • Enclosure
  • Kicker CompRT 8" 2ohm Sub
  • Kicker Key500.1 Mono Amp
  • Kicker Bass Remote Knob
  • Mounting Hardware
What's not included:
  • Amp wire and speaker wire
  • Fuse Block
  • Signal wire to RCA
  • Small amount of polyfill

Here is the CompRT specs:
https://www.kicker.com/comp-rt-8-2-ohm-subwoofer

Enclosure Specs:
  • ~0.4 CuFt inside volume
  • Sealed Box
  • Made from PETG plastic
  • Printed as one continuous piece
  • About 24"x10"x9" in size.
  • 4-1/8" MAX speaker mounting depth
  • Includes the gill mesh for the rear panel
Available now: ORDER HERE

Due to the nature of 3D printing, there may be surface imperfections. This does not affect performance. The box is hidden behind the panel, so it will not be seen.

DESIGNED AND MADE IN THE USA!

sub box v30 3D Print v9.png

20230227_180312.jpg

20230406_102343.jpg

Will this work with the Mobridge D A2B / K2 8.1.1 Channel DSP Amplifier – A2B Ford B&O Universal

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If the Mobridge is the same mounting pattern as the B&O, then yes. We have a new box design to accommodate the mounting for the B&O amp to our box. It is on preorder right now. Works for 2D and 4D.

https://www.gearshade.com/product/bronco-subwoofer-square/

IMG_1845.jpeg
@GearShade worked with me on this new version as he went through a few prototypes to get this right. I think this new option with the area to mount the B&O could be leveraged for some other amp applications as having the new indent for the B&O amp is an advantage. This new B&O box style is very high quality and the install is very straightforward. Also, anyone doubting going with the Kicker L7T-8 I can confirm - Just do it. The volume out of this sub is amazing. The model that @GearShade sells with the box is the 2ohm version so running it with the Kicker Key 500.1 powers this sub at 500W@1 ohm and the sub is up for the task. I would absolutely recommend buying the Kicker bass knob CXARC - its a MUST. Also you will want to grab the B&O amplifier harness from @plugnplaykits - Joe makes a very high quality harness that also makes adding this subwoofer a breeze - 2018 - 2023 FORD WITH B&O PREMIUM SOUND PLUG & PLAY HARNESS KITS – Plug N Play Kits I will post another picture of where I mounted it. It allows such a dynamic control over how the L7T can perform. I'm still fine tuning the amp settings between using the Key amp function versus using it without, but I feel I have the settings pretty close to complete. I will also post some more pictures of my final amp configurations later in the week. Happy to help others if they have any questions.

Last edited:

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, make sure to select the "B&O version".
So, I’m all in on this. But to be clear, the kicker mono amp is JUST powering the new square sub, and the original B&O amp is now powering the rest of the speakers. But I can still replace the B&O with a better amp since I am also replacing all the B&O speakers with Hertz and including the 6.5 and bigger pods in the back. Or do you think the B&O amp is good enough to handle that with the kicker now handling the sub? I want to forge ahead with this but make sure Im doing it right.

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Kicker Key 500.1 solely for the Kicker L7T sub.
  • B&O for everything else as normal.

I have zero experience with the mobridge. But it does seem to be popular. If it was me...... I would test the setup with the Key 500.1, L7T sub with the stock B&O amp for your new speakers and pods. Just to get a baseline before dropping money into the mobridge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do yall just offer it on the square or are yall gonna make it for the round also?
For now just the square. We feel it is a better-performing option over the round CompRT.

Southern frog

First Edition
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For now just the square. We feel it is a better-performing option over the round CompRT.
I got a sub and amp in the factory box and jl dosent sell just the stelthbox. I've seen there's a few people on here looking for one
Sponsored