Sponsored

GEARSHADE: Custom Made 8" Subwoofer Enclosure 2-DOOR Version!!

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
There is only about 1 inch between the box face and the inside of the panel.

The salmon color is the fender, the green-ish is the panel.

sub box v33.png
OK so sounds like face-mounting is off the table. Now the bigger question to determine is 2 things - if someone that bought one from you can confirm: Is there: 1.) Enough slack in the B&O harness to allow the amp to reach the top and 2.) Can the B&O fit in that location where you are currently having people mount the Kicker Key.
Sponsored

jtrh0ne

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OK so sounds like face-mounting is off the table. Now the bigger question to determine is 2 things - if someone that bought one from you can confirm: Is there: 1.) Enough slack in the B&O harness to allow the amp to reach the top and 2.) Can the B&O fit in that location where you are currently having people mount the Kicker Key.
Following - I have same question for 4-dr @GearShade. Couldn't find any pics of Gearshade box w/factory B&O amp mounted (got a 500.1 already mounted somewhere else).

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If this were redesigned to accept either the stock b&o amp or m0brige amp for 2-doors I would buy it in a heartbeat.

considering this is 3d printed I would think it’s feasible.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have this in my 4 door. It has tremendous air leak issues. I have NO explanation if it is a one off scenario or if there is something wrong with the construction process but I can no longer recommend this box. I have done a TON of work, months, honestly, working on my stereo.

I am looking back to my build and I will be swapping in a half cube wooden box custom built. You can get a full sealed half cube from the space and run up to a shallow 10 if it mounts less than 4.2ish inches. There are a few out there. This is tuned so high it won't hit super low notes even though my build SHOULD be able to. The air leak exacerbates several problems.

If gearshade cares to reach out we can talk it out but this box - at least my box - does not work very well. It's far better than people modifying the factory box, but it's nowhere near a well built custom box or a 'better' manufactured box for the same space or elsewhere.

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend, '19 JLU Rubi, '07 JKU Rubi, '04 F350
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Following - I have same question for 4-dr @GearShade. Couldn't find any pics of Gearshade box w/factory B&O amp mounted (got a 500.1 already mounted somewhere else).
We are working on a design to incorporate the B&O amp to the front of our box. We will post updates when the design is complete.

Originally this was meant for people with 6 & 7 speaker systems.

Sponsored

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Just to put closure on this thread - the new Gearshade box with the B&O mounting area is completed and now for sale - here is the first install.
Ford Bronco GEARSHADE: Custom Made 8" Subwoofer Enclosure 2-DOOR Version!! IMG_1845

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just to put closure on this thread - the new Gearshade box with the B&O mounting area is completed and now for sale - here is the first install.
Ford Bronco GEARSHADE: Custom Made 8" Subwoofer Enclosure 2-DOOR Version!! IMG_1845
anybody pops, buzzes, etc with this setup? I’ve heard using an amp on the b/o setup sometimes causes things like text message notifications to sound loud.

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
@brkdncr - I’ll test it out and let you know. Haven’t noticed any new sounds or texts being unusual but must admit, not paying that close attention. Will report back if I find anything. The biggest thing I notice is no more of that horrible sound from the stock B&O subwoofer bottoming out on any song that had reasonable bass.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@brkdncr - I’ll test it out and let you know. Haven’t noticed any new sounds or texts being unusual but must admit, not paying that close attention. Will report back if I find anything. The biggest thing I notice is no more of that horrible sound from the stock B&O subwoofer bottoming out on any song that had reasonable bass.
what other cabling did you need besides power and ground? Are you using high-level input from the B&O amp sub output or something else?

Did you need to make any adjustments to get the 500.1 to receive full-range input?

Thanks!

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
@brkdncr - In order to get the signal before it hits the factory B&O Amp/DSP, I would highly recommend buying the B&O harness - 2018 - 2023 FORD WITH B&O PREMIUM SOUND PLUG & PLAY HARNESS KITS – Plug N Play Kits Kit #10
If you dont have the amp yet, you can get it through PlugnPlay as well - its Kit #7. He will make your harness ready to go so you can plug into the B&O Amp and plug into the Kicker Key 500.1 with no effort. Then you are just hooking up Power, Ground and doing your Amp set up. I HIGHLY recommend buying the additional bass control knob. I would go as far to say its essential. With the use of the knob, you can turn up the gain on the Kicker Key 500 to about 50% and basically dial down the bass to zero from the knob if needed and adjust it accordingly for the variations in music. Without the knob, the Kicker amp didn't like being set more than about 25-30% of the gain. I can take a picture of where I mounted my bass knob (under the steering wheel on the column is perfect. There is a great wide open channel and a cutout already in the factory plastic. This makes dialing in your bass super easy as you can just reach down below the wheel with ease as your driving. Let me know if you need anymore.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That looks sharp!

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Here is where I mounted the Kicker Bass Knob - nice and easy to adjust and if you ever need to remove it, no one will ever see the screw holes. Run the wire right up the steering column and feed it through the square hole. So easy to adjust bass now. Also - I’m running the bass setting on the head unit in the default middle setting. With the new sub, there is no reason to add any extra or overwork the kick panel speakers

Ford Bronco GEARSHADE: Custom Made 8" Subwoofer Enclosure 2-DOOR Version!! IMG_1872

Ford Bronco GEARSHADE: Custom Made 8" Subwoofer Enclosure 2-DOOR Version!! IMG_1871
Sponsored