First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So, I’m all in on this. But to be clear, the kicker mono amp is JUST powering the new square sub, and the original B&O amp is now powering the rest of the speakers. But I can still replace the B&O with a better amp since I am also replacing all the B&O speakers with Hertz and including the 6.5 and bigger pods in the back. Or do you think the B&O amp is good enough to handle that with the kicker now handling the sub? I want to forge ahead with this but make sure Im doing it right.
@Spiderwolf - The B&O amp is fine to keep and swap out the other factory speakers. You can get lost in this forum with countless speaker upgrade threads. Keep it simple for yourself and order the Hertz DCX 100.3 speakers to replace the 2 front corners and the 2 in the pods out back. You will need the Metra wiring adapters so you can plug and play. It’s important to go with speakers like the Hertz because they are above 92db sensitivity - the B&O amp needs high sensitivity speakers to run efficiently and the Hertz sound incredible. You will need to trim the speaker terminals to allow the spade connectors on the Metra adapters to fit or just solder the adapters like I did. I would NOT touch the kick panel speakers IMHO. The B&O amp will also handle the bigger 6.5 pods out back if you decide to go that path too. The new Kicker amp only powers the new sub and make sure you buy the harness from PlugNPlay to connect the kicker amp right off the B&O factory harness - well worth the $80.
Sponsored

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
For now just the square. We feel it is a better-performing option over the round CompRT.
Agree the L7T square is a much better subwoofer than the simple round 8

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree the L7T square is a much better subwoofer than the simple round 8

The L7T has a very unique sound and it's great for punchy bass. It adds cone area which is also really nice given the small size. I personally don't like it after spending some time with it the other day. That said I have a very sound quality focused system and while I really like my lows I'm going to go up in size to a 10 from the 8 JL Audio I have to make up the difference and feed it more power.

I would agree, the L7T is a great sub and unless you're a snob like me looking for a very distinct sound, you'd be VERY happy with it.
Sponsored