First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like many of us, I didn't know which compressor to get. I am a VERY average user. Maybe even below average, i.e. off-road maybe 2 or 3 times a year.
I didn't want to spend a lot of money getting an onboard compressor. check! I wasn't even too thrilled about spending $1000 for a dual-compressor ARB. I mean I understand those compressors are faster, bigger, bolder, and better! The supermen of compressors. But, still, $1000 [okay, not quite but close]. I just couldn't justify it.
So, I opted to use my FORDPASS points to get the ARB compressor. I know, a dinky single compressor. I've read all the comments: "Spend the extra money, it's worth it." "Much faster." "You'll be upgrading sooner or later, so . . . .[spend the extra money.]

I was particularly interested in the TIME element of airing up. I couldn't get any accurate estimates for the amount of time it takes to air up tires. The comments were all over the map. So, received my compressor, ordered a RHINO air guage [ARB couldn't deliver one for some reason] and, yes, the RHINO air guage is ALSO good enough for 90% of you! ["good enough" is not a bad thing. I couldn't identify any deficiency. The pressure reading matched the onboard pressure indicators as well as those at the local Firestone store.] Air guage is digital, seems well constructed, is priced at about 60% of the ARB product, and comes with a handy carrying case! Good enough for me!

i REALLY wanted to know how long it takes to air up a tire. Nothing dramatic, e.g. from 15 lbs to 35 lbs, just something kind of average.

I inflated each of my tires from about 33 PSI to 39 PSI in about 45 seconds. Call it a minute. I get it, that's not very much. Assuming a minute for every six pounds of air needed. Say FIVE minutes to air up from about 25 PSI, the pressure at which Bronco Roadeo tires are set. TWENTY minutes, maybe less filling tires. Three times per year. An hour per year wasted filling tires per year. Maybe only 30-minutes because a dual compressor will also take time.

$450 price difference over five years? 2.5 hours additional time filing tires more than a dual compressor. $450/2.5 extra hours = $180/hour. So, how valuable is your time? I'd rather spend that money on some other ridiculous accessory or at the nearest bar.

NOW, if you are hard-core, go out 3 times a month instead of 3 times a year. Go at the rocks rough and ready, then maybe a single compressor is not for you.

If, however, you just need to air down your tires a bit for rocky roads, trails, bumps, and what-not , then maybe a single compressor will work for you. [There are other brands that may be as good as the ARB. The ARB/Ford Performance kit seems well constructed and organized.] Best use of my FORDPASS points I could think of. I'm in this compressor, that comes with a handy carrying case, for less than $100.

Good enough for me. Good luck to all!
Sponsored

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use a Dewalt 20v portable compressor. I can inflate each tire from 25 to 39PSI in ~8 minutes each.

For the number of times I air down, it's not worth the time, money and effort to install an ARB or similar compressor.

I typically pull over, start airing up, make lunch and just stretch, hang out, enjoy the scenery and relax. Not everything has to be a high-speed, low-drag race against time.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We really can't help if you over paid. Retail is $616 or less. For those that want quality I'm glad the ARB is out there.

Ford Bronco FordPeformance/ARB compressor review: good enough for 90% of users!  [maybe 95%] 1697648129112

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great to hear that you are happy! I've had the ARB portable single compressor for eight years myself; it is awesome kit and I've used it sooo many times. The dual kit is even better.

Unfortunately, the few issues I had with it were:
  • Space requirements
    • always having to lug it around, or
    • sliding in car/truck, &
  • Security issues
    • Tempting for smash and grabbers during travels/vacation, and then
    • remembering to not leave it behind.
Because of this, I decided to move forward with dual on-board compressors w/Grimm mounts on both of my Broncos. Yes... it's a lot of $$$$, but I feel that these vehicles should have come with compressors already installed.

Again, it's great to hear that you are happy with yours.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I use a Dewalt 20v portable compressor. I can inflate each tire from 25 to 39PSI in ~8 minutes each.

For the number of times I air down, it's not worth the time, money and effort to install an ARB or similar compressor.

I typically pull over, start airing up, make lunch and just stretch, hang out, enjoy the scenery and relax. Not everything has to be a high-speed, low-drag race against time.
Strongly recommend the Dewalt inflator.

My OBX 32's take 5 min per tire to go from 18 to 35psi when I come off the beach. I've never understood the rush for guys to inflate with these expensive on board compressors.

Side benefit is your Dewalt inflator will also fill:
-wife's car
-kids bikes
-wheelbarrow tires
-footballs, soccer balls
-your kids inflatable pool :LOL:

Sponsored

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

EilersPark

Black Diamond
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like many of us, I didn't know which compressor to get. I am a VERY average user. Maybe even below average, i.e. off-road maybe 2 or 3 times a year.
I didn't want to spend a lot of money getting an onboard compressor. check! I wasn't even too thrilled about spending $1000 for a dual-compressor ARB. I mean I understand those compressors are faster, bigger, bolder, and better! The supermen of compressors. But, still, $1000 [okay, not quite but close]. I just couldn't justify it.
So, I opted to use my FORDPASS points to get the ARB compressor. I know, a dinky single compressor. I've read all the comments: "Spend the extra money, it's worth it." "Much faster." "You'll be upgrading sooner or later, so . . . .[spend the extra money.]

I was particularly interested in the TIME element of airing up. I couldn't get any accurate estimates for the amount of time it takes to air up tires. The comments were all over the map. So, received my compressor, ordered a RHINO air guage [ARB couldn't deliver one for some reason] and, yes, the RHINO air guage is ALSO good enough for 90% of you! ["good enough" is not a bad thing. I couldn't identify any deficiency. The pressure reading matched the onboard pressure indicators as well as those at the local Firestone store.] Air guage is digital, seems well constructed, is priced at about 60% of the ARB product, and comes with a handy carrying case! Good enough for me!

i REALLY wanted to know how long it takes to air up a tire. Nothing dramatic, e.g. from 15 lbs to 35 lbs, just something kind of average.

I inflated each of my tires from about 33 PSI to 39 PSI in about 45 seconds. Call it a minute. I get it, that's not very much. Assuming a minute for every six pounds of air needed. Say FIVE minutes to air up from about 25 PSI, the pressure at which Bronco Roadeo tires are set. TWENTY minutes, maybe less filling tires. Three times per year. An hour per year wasted filling tires per year. Maybe only 30-minutes because a dual compressor will also take time.

$450 price difference over five years? 2.5 hours additional time filing tires more than a dual compressor. $450/2.5 extra hours = $180/hour. So, how valuable is your time? I'd rather spend that money on some other ridiculous accessory or at the nearest bar.

NOW, if you are hard-core, go out 3 times a month instead of 3 times a year. Go at the rocks rough and ready, then maybe a single compressor is not for you.

If, however, you just need to air down your tires a bit for rocky roads, trails, bumps, and what-not , then maybe a single compressor will work for you. [There are other brands that may be as good as the ARB. The ARB/Ford Performance kit seems well constructed and organized.] Best use of my FORDPASS points I could think of. I'm in this compressor, that comes with a handy carrying case, for less than $100.

I did the excact thing as you, I picked up the Single ARB in a lunch box using my FordPass points. I have used it 3 times to air up, from ~25 to ~35. less than 5 minutes per tire. I am perfectly happy with the performance and value of this.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great to hear that you are happy! I've had the ARB portable single compressor for eight years myself; it is awesome kit and I've used it sooo many times. The dual kit is even better.

Unfortunately, the few issues I had with it were:
  • Space requirements
    • always having to lug it around, or
    • sliding in car/truck, &
  • Security issues
    • Tempting for smash and grabbers during travels/vacation, and then
    • remembering to not leave it behind.
Because of this, I decided to move forward with dual on-board compressors w/Grimm mounts on both of my Broncos. Yes... it's a lot of $$$$, but I feel that these vehicles should have come with compressors already installed.

Again, it's great to hear that you are happy with yours.
Dude, this is how I feel. Except I have a MORRFlate w/hose setup, which is nice and VERY fast (my Husky was lucky to get to 38psi in 90 minutes). However, it takes up a lot of space and keeping it in the back I keep a black towel to try and hide it. Timewise, even though it's fast (<5m 15 to 38psi all four at once), putting it up and tearing it down is tedious and overall, takes about 10-15m. I have gotten faster, though. But still I've had others next to me go single hose w/Viair and only took a couple more minutes. Also, it's dicier using my MORRFlate with a single hose, AFAIU.

Note as well, connecting to the battery every time, I've gotten it backwards once and luckily someone caught it (this was the first time I used it). A wired in one makes that a non-issue, as long as it's done right the first time.

Now, I'm not going to pony up for one in the engine bay and go through the install, but it would be very nice (I accept Christmas and birthday gifts if someone wants to help me out :p). Going with a single hose and Viair I think is probably not too bad in comparison, and much cheaper and easier to store.

Moral of the story: Don't buy your compressor late at night after a couple drinks. 🍻

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And here I was complaining out loud last week, when I had to air back up a couple different times over the course of a few days, that my portable ARB twin compressor filling up (2) 35” tires at a time was slower than molasses and why I love the co2 setup in my jeep lol.

i couldnt even imagine using the ARB single compressor.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And here I was complaining out loud last week, when I had to air back up a couple different times over the course of a few days, that my portable ARB twin compressor filling up (2) 35” tires at a time was slower than molasses and why I love the co2 setup in my jeep lol.

i couldnt even imagine using the ARB single compressor.
The ARB single is good for smaller tire sizes. I can go 20-39psi in my BD 32” tires in under 10 minutes total for all 4. That’s doing one tire at a time, I don’t know if inflating multiple tires simultaneously would affect it’s time.

Sponsored

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Glad the setup you got works for you. I thought about that one but being a 2door space is at a premium so I coughed up the extra coin for the dual under the hood in a Grimm mount. Out of the way, secure and looks like it came from the factory. Also agree that rhino’s products are perfect for most of us. I have a few of their straps, kinetic rope, soft shackles and snatch blocks, none of it has ever let me down.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ARB single is good for smaller tire sizes. I can go 20-39psi in my BD 32” tires in under 10 minutes total for all 4. That’s doing one tire at a time, I don’t know if inflating multiple tires simultaneously would affect it’s time.
Completely slipped my mind for some reason that some of the Broncos had the smaller tires. Even with the wife’s previous BL having the 33” KO2 tires and probably why I didnt gripe about airing those up at the time. But w/ this BL squatch, my truck, jeep & offroad camper trailer, all have 35” tires.

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The main advantage for me with the ARB twin vs single is the duty cycle, 50% single vs 100% twin. For my uses, I'm not concerned with a couple minutes faster or longer as I'm always the last to leave the trail in my group.

For me as I'm always with others on the dirt, chances are someone's compressor has taken a dump and my ARB is always ready to help someone else out. Couple years ago I had the Smittybilt 2781, filling back up on a hot day with 37s, then went onto fill up 35s on a SAS Bronco and it took a dump half way into it.
Sponsored