Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy,

I have the stock Sasquatch tires on my Bronco and the tires have cracks, gouges, and nobs ripped off from just one season of offroad. Don’t think they will last one more season. Well anyways, if I replace them with 35x12.5X17 tires do I need to update my Ford Performance tune? I can’t imagine the change is needed since 315x70X17 are about the same size. Yeah I know sizes vary by brand even it’s same size. Excuse my ignorance.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be very surprised if such a small change in tire size would affect the tune. I'm not very familiar w/ the Ford tune but others have the ability to change/verify tire size settings.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Howdy,

I have the stock Sasquatch tires on my Bronco and the tires have cracks, gouges, and nobs ripped off from just one season of offroad. Don’t think they will last one more season. Well anyways, if I replace them with 35x12.5X17 tires do I need to update my Ford Performance tune? I can’t imagine the change is needed since 315x70X17 are about the same size. Yeah I know sizes vary by brand even it’s same size. Excuse my ignorance.

As you mentioned every brand is a different size.... That said they all range between 34 and 35 inches.... That would be a 1 percent change in the circumference..... therefore at 65 MPH the largest 35 will have you traveling at an actual 65.6 MPH. and to be honest you might already be traveling at 64.5.... so this might actually get your gage to be even more correct?

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Howdy,

You don’t need to update the tune. I am running that setup now.
Sponsored