Sponsored

Enable Cornering Fog Lights on Bronco with Modular Bumper via Forscan?

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, it works. Although, it is also activated by turn signals in addition to the turning of the wheel (contrary to prior post). I think you may be able to disable fog via turn signal. Here is a video.

The signal fluttering distracts from the reality. First two illuminations were from each turn signal.

Yeah, I ended up doing it and was genuinely shocked that it was that easy. Sick Raptor btw, and huge thanks for the help! P.S. got any more cool hidden forscan codes to try out?
Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, I ended up doing it and was genuinely shocked that it was that easy. Sick Raptor btw, and huge thanks for the help! P.S. got any more cool hidden forscan codes to try out?
Thanks. Your rig? Did you try to get them to not light with turn signals?

My build thread has a post of all of the Forscan mods I did. Just stuff I found here that others already gathered.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok SO WHOA. that's like the function in my BMW cornering lamp feature!.......We can do this on our Broncos??? Well, I have modular bumper but also have 4 pairs of aftermarket lights installed on my AUX switches.

So WHAT IF - I wanted the FOGS, that are CONNECTED to AUX3, to serve as my "cornering" lights? Just like in the videos. SO even if my AUX 3 switch is in the "off" position, but these are activated similarly when I turn left or right.

Is it also possible to ONLY make this occur when it detects that it is night-time, and my headlights are being used?

Kindly guide me! 🙏

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks. Your rig? Did you try to get them to not light with turn signals?

My build thread has a post of all of the Forscan mods I did. Just stuff I found here that others already gathered.
Yup, my rig. Dunno about the not lighting part, but surely it's one of those codes that you'd have to keep normal. However, could also be that that's just how the programming is.

I'll definitely check your thread out!

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ok SO WHOA. that's like the function in my BMW cornering lamp feature!.......We can do this on our Broncos??? Well, I have modular bumper but also have 4 pairs of aftermarket lights installed on my AUX switches.

So WHAT IF - I wanted the FOGS, that are CONNECTED to AUX3, to serve as my "cornering" lights? Just like in the videos. SO even if my AUX 3 switch is in the "off" position, but these are activated similarly when I turn left or right.

Is it also possible to ONLY make this occur when it detects that it is night-time, and my headlights are being used?

Kindly guide me! 🙏
Should be fairly obvious...

This is only available for lights using the factory fog wiring (or wiring from those same connectors if the vehicle didn't come with fogs or fog harnesses).

The computers are saying if headlights are on AND (factory) fogs are off AND [turn signal activated or steering wheel angle is greater than limit value] then power on inside fog. Then keep fog powered until [whatever turn signal or steering angle criteria are met].

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
so no light is better than “improper” light because the book says that’s not what they’re for. Bumper is too high on a bronco for fog lights to be anything other than decorative anyway. I have a dual function, spot and flood, light bar under my winch and flood style ditch lights at the A pillar but the dogs still fill in that little spot at the corner of the bumper so I can see where that rock is in the dark.
Nice that even though I said this is my opinion and I really don't care that people do this AND I was just wondering why they do so, you jump straight to telling me how wrong I am with straw man nonsense like "so no light is better than “improper” light because the book says that’s not what they’re for" Thanks for using opinions and feelings to tell me how wrong I am. I've certainly been put in my place 👍

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Should be fairly obvious...

This is only available for lights using the factory fog wiring (or wiring from those same connectors if the vehicle didn't come with fogs or fog harnesses).

The computers are saying if headlights are on AND (factory) fogs are off AND [turn signal activated or steering wheel angle is greater than limit value] then power on inside fog. Then keep fog powered until [whatever turn signal or steering angle criteria are met].
Hmmm.....Well, I get that you have to "use the factory fog wiring" - But I figured that the AUX switches ARE from the factory , hence "factory fog/switch wiring." I was hoping that maybe the AUX switch wiring was also somehow "connected", not just by a rocker switch but also electronically (for lack of a better definition).

Well, if you all figure out how to "connect' to the AUX switches via coding, kindly let us all know :)

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hmmm.....Well, I get that you have to "use the factory fog wiring" - But I figured that the AUX switches ARE from the factory , hence "factory fog/switch wiring." I was hoping that maybe the AUX switch wiring was also somehow "connected", not just by a rocker switch but also electronically (for lack of a better definition).

Well, if you all figure out how to "connect' to the AUX switches via coding, kindly let us all know :)
That will take a relay with custom wiring. It's why I'll use my factory fog wiring when I upgrade my fog lights.

B22-2023

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1977 Bronco, 2023 T4R TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think we are just getting hung up on semantics.
I think what @Dover157 is saying is similar to what (for instance) a recovery guy would say to a wheel guy: a wheel is a wheel until you get out on the trail, where it may become a recovery point in a certain difficult situation. As for fog lights, my A-Pillar yellow fog lights have limited use for fog, are good in snow and rain, and best at lighting up a forest trail at night. They show much better contrast than the whites which wash out depth-of-view to my eyes, and they light up the close-in ditches well.

Sponsored

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there any changes required outside of the BdyCM modules? I’ve made all the suggested changes and can’t get the fogs to turn on with the turn signals or with the steering wheel (or with DRL). I tried using the hex numeral adjustments posted earlier in this thread and the “easy” method in Forscan.

For reference, I have a 23 Badlands with the modular steel bumper. I installed the fogs using the preexisting harness in the bumper and added the dual switch. I have no issues turning the fogs on with the switch, so their main functionality is fine.

IMG_0011.jpeg

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if there a plug available to split off the fog power to additional light?

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there any changes required outside of the BdyCM modules? I’ve made all the suggested changes and can’t get the fogs to turn on with the turn signals or with the steering wheel (or with DRL). I tried using the hex numeral adjustments posted earlier in this thread and the “easy” method in Forscan.

For reference, I have a 23 Badlands with the modular steel bumper. I installed the fogs using the preexisting harness in the bumper and added the dual switch. I have no issues turning the fogs on with the switch, so their main functionality is fine.

Ford Bronco Enable Cornering Fog Lights on Bronco with Modular Bumper via Forscan? IMG_0011
Replying to myself, but somehow I got the cornering lights to work. Only realized it when I pulled into my garage this evening and noticed the fogs activating as I turned the steering wheel. I hadn’t driven the Bronco since I made the Forscan changes last weekend, but nothing worked 5 days ago. Go figure…

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Replying to myself, but somehow I got the cornering lights to work. Only realized it when I pulled into my garage this evening and noticed the fogs activating as I turned the steering wheel. I hadn’t driven the Bronco since I made the Forscan changes last weekend, but nothing worked 5 days ago. Go figure…
I'm trying your way, so not working at first. I will keep a watch on it. Does it only work at night?

mvilla

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Bronco w/ Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would love to hook up some gatekeeper knucklepods to this. Think it would work great with the wheels turning and turning on!
Sponsored