First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Dfinch218 Post or send me the VIN. I have access to Ford's PTS and FDRS systems. If your Fordpass is activated, I can see the codes it is reporting to the cloud and any TSB's or recalls associated with them.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DM me your VIN and I'll check the VHR. Very likely the battery and if it was sitting for an extended amount of time on the lot or one of Ford's storage yards they will discharge. AGMs are very difficult to get back from a deep discharge unlike lead-acid.

Since this is warranty, likely the battery, they'll have to put it on a diagnostic charger to either bring it back from the dead or call it bad. The machine generates a specific code for a failed battery we have to get or Ford won't pay the claim.

I know this sucks but call and see if they'll let you bring the battery in, put it on the charger and see if it fails right away. It's entirely possible the thing goes though a recovery process which could take hours before calling the battery bad but at least something is getting done. We've done this for customers before when the vehicle is not drivable or we're just too backed up and can't get on immediately.

Also, call your salesperson and see if they can pull any strings either on the loaner side or call in an IOU with service. Frustrating for everyone involved.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
DM me your VIN and I'll check the VHR. Very likely the battery and if it was sitting for an extended amount of time on the lot or one of Ford's storage yards they will discharge. AGMs are very difficult to get back from a deep discharge unlike lead-acid.

Since this is warranty, likely the battery, they'll have to put it on a diagnostic charger to either bring it back from the dead or call it bad. The machine generates a specific code for a failed battery we have to get or Ford won't pay the claim.

I know this sucks but call and see if they'll let you bring the battery in, put it on the charger and see if it fails right away. It's entirely possible the thing goes though a recovery process which could take hours before calling the battery bad but at least something is getting done. We've done this for customers before when the vehicle is not drivable or we're just too backed up and can't get on immediately.

Also, call your salesperson and see if they can pull any strings either on the loaner side or call in an IOU with service. Frustrating for everyone involved.
All cars with Auto Start/Stop come with AGM batteries.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what you need to do. Forget calling and go see the service desk face to face. They will give you an entirely different “ when we can look at it” time frame. I recently had to take my Mustang forvacwatrantybrepair. Over the phone I was told two months. Next day I went in person and was told bring it in tomorrow.

Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait what... Broncos come with an AGM battery from the factory!?!
70AH without 120V outlet, 80AH with outlet and all V6(I think), both AGM. Odd that they bother putting a smaller one in when they cost the same.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"The level of whining is ridiculous." C'mon man. It's a brand new vehicle and the dealership sounds like total douchebags. I think the OP has a right to whine about it. Your solution: go spend MORE of your money to figure it out. Uh.... NOPE.
No, I didn't suggest he spend money, although I did expect the OP to at least own a multimeter or be able to get a free battery test from AutoZone. I suggested he ask our community for help, and that's what several members have offered to do.

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heh. Who wants to tell him?
When I had an issue, the Ford account responded to me in the same way, as soon as I let the dealership know that a claim was already filed they were able to get it fixed fast. Respond to the Ford account and get the ball rolling!
Sponsored