Sponsored

DV8 overhead molle panel terrible fitment, what are you using?

retiredarmymp

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hooke Road overhead molle - inexpensive, easy install and works great.

Ford Bronco DV8 overhead molle panel terrible fitment, what are you using? Hooke Road Molle
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncoStang

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update: I exchanged the panel I received for a new one and I'm STILL HAVING THE SAME ISSUE :mad:

Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

I can't upload a video for whatever reason but here's a link.

I have the pressure plates off when I took these pics and videos, pressure plates make no difference. Still cannot get both brackets attached. It's like the crossbar is too short again or the brackets don't reach out far enough.

Ford Bronco DV8 overhead molle panel terrible fitment, what are you using? 20240606_113202
Ford Bronco DV8 overhead molle panel terrible fitment, what are you using? 20240606_113205

Ford Bronco DV8 overhead molle panel terrible fitment, what are you using? 20240606_113214

Ford Bronco DV8 overhead molle panel terrible fitment, what are you using? 20240606_113219

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok I am redoing my reply, I just watched your video. Are those plates adjustable? It does seem you are just short. Just seems like something is slightly off. I would need to see the dv8 video again.

Is there a way to put a bolt in and then see if that plate comes out a bit?

Is there anyway the plates are reversed? Looking at the instructions, it looks they are putting this on a softop.

Sorry, trying to be helpful...not sure what is happening here. trying to find a video of it again.

Last edited:

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Update: I exchanged the panel I received for a new one and I'm STILL HAVING THE SAME ISSUE :mad:

Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

I can't upload a video for whatever reason but here's a link.

I have the pressure plates off when I took these pics and videos, pressure plates make no difference. Still cannot get both brackets attached. It's like the crossbar is too short again or the brackets don't reach out far enough.

Ford Bronco DV8 overhead molle panel terrible fitment, what are you using? 20240606_113219

Trying splitting the difference on the holes and starting the bolts. If they fit through enough to start screwing then in then you should be golden. I had to split the difference on mine as it was tight. Once I started the bolts though, it stretched out and worked. Now it’s super snug and fits good.

OP
OP
BroncoStang

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok I am redoing my reply, I just watched your video. Are those plates adjustable? It does seem you are just short. Just seems like something is slightly off. I would need to see the dv8 video again.

Is there a way to put a bolt in and then see if that plate comes out a bit?

Is there anyway the plates are reversed? Looking at the instructions, it looks they are putting this on a softop.

Sorry, trying to be helpful...not sure what is happening here. trying to find a video of it again.
From what I can tell everything seems to be in the right place, I've watched 3 different install videos and downloaded DV8's directions. The only difference between mine and others you might see is the soft top install vs the hard top install due to slightly different hardware.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoStang

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Trying splitting the difference on the holes and starting the bolts. If they fit through enough to start screwing then in then you should be golden. I had to split the difference on mine as it was tight. Once I started the bolts though, it stretched out and worked. Now it’s super snug and fits good.
Can't even do that, here's one with the pressure plates on and one side has the bolts in, there's not even enough of a gap for me to work with. Also, this is exactly the same issue I was having with the prior panel before I got this replacement. Either the 2024 Bronco has changed somewhere that is effecting this or there's a bad batch of these panels out there; I can't think of any other reason I can't get this to fit.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Leave the screws holding the brackets in loose which should give yo enough adjustment to get everything lined up and all the screws started and then tighten them up from there. If that doesn't give yo enough adjustment you could wrap a ratchet strap around the the bronco bars and squeeze them together, seems yours may have gotten tweaked out a bit

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I measured center of hole to center of hole from soft top bracket to soft top bracket. 42.5” after installed.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't have this product, but could you use a small pry bar (or screw driver), lift up a little on the cross member enough to get the pry bar through the slot in the cross member and into the bracket slot, then pry them together enough to get the bolts in/started?

ETA: I like what Evil said - back off the bolt holding the brackets, install the cross member, then tighten all the bolts.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In a video i looked at, they are saying to loosen the base brackets, did or have you done that? I have a soft top, and those brackets do move.

Not exactly sure on the hard top, but I would think they would also have some adjustment room.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoStang

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Holy hell I finally got it. Only took a little blood and some ugga-duggas.
I appreciate everyone's input and just FYI I was trying everything you guys all suggested especially leaving all the bolts loose but it just was not working, came down to brute force lol....

Ultimately I ended up tightening down the roll bar brackets and putting the pressure plates on. Once the brackets were secured I positioned the rear panel on one bracket and placed one bolt, then went to the opposite side and had the rear panel at an angle instead of sitting straight across, I used a pry bar to force the bracket out away from the roll bar then fed a bolt through, I had to ugga-dugga it through but I was able to get it; then I went back to the side I started with and angled the rear panel the opposite direction allowing me to put in a 3rd bolt using the pry bar and some more ugga-duggas, then finished up with the 4th bolt on the other side after forcing the rear panel into a straight across position using a couple blows with a rubber mallet 😅.

It went no way as easy as the install videos I watched but it's on now. I'm happy with it but I think DV8 really needs to go back and re-do their measurements or something cause it shouldn't come down to a pry bar, an impact, and rubber mallet for a "1 hour" simple bolt-on install.

Ford Bronco DV8 overhead molle panel terrible fitment, what are you using? 20240606_140529

Ford Bronco DV8 overhead molle panel terrible fitment, what are you using? 20240606_143015

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I appreciate everyone's input and just FYI I was trying everything you guys all suggested especially leaving all the bolts loose but it just was not working, came down to brute force lol....

Ultimately I ended up tightening down the roll bar brackets and putting the pressure plates on. Once the brackets were secured I positioned the rear panel on one bracket and placed one bolt, then went to the opposite side and had the rear panel at an angle instead of sitting straight across, I used a pry bar to force the bracket out away from the roll bar then fed a bolt through, I had to ugga-dugga it through but I was able to get it; then I went back to the side I started with and angled the rear panel the opposite direction allowing me to put in a 3rd bolt using the pry bar and some more ugga-duggas, then finished up with the 4th bolt on the other side after forcing the rear panel into a straight across position using a couple blows with a rubber mallet 😅.

It went no way as easy as the install videos I watched but it's on now. I'm happy with it but I think DV8 really needs to go back and re-do their measurements or something cause it shouldn't come down to a pry bar, an impact, and rubber mallet for a "1 hour" simple bolt-on install.

Ford Bronco DV8 overhead molle panel terrible fitment, what are you using? 20240606_143015

Uhm…it’s upside-down…

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Just kidding 😉

Looks good! Weird that you had so many problems, especially with two of them. Could there be something up with your rig?

OP
OP
BroncoStang

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just kidding 😉

Looks good! Weird that you had so many problems, especially with two of them. Could there be something up with your rig?
You had me in panic mode reviewing videos for a sec lol....

Idk, unless my roll bars are slightly spaced out more than others or there was a small change for the 2024 models.

But my assumption right now is the roll bar brackets weren't made to spec which is why I had to force them with a pry bar to "stretch" out to align the holes.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You had me in panic mode reviewing videos for a sec lol....

Idk, unless my roll bars are slightly spaced out more than others or there was a small change for the 2024 models.

But my assumption right now is the roll bar brackets weren't made to spec which is why I had to force them with a pry bar to "stretch" out to align the holes.
Ford does have a reputation for changing stuff and not letting anyone know. “You have a 2021 and 5/8’s? Ohhhh. Yes yes. Different shock mounts on that build”
Sponsored