First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I use distilled water with a splash of Worcestershire sauce...
I've done my own research!
Sponsored

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dumbest thing I ever heard. You greatly increase your risk of getting knock by using lower octane fuel in a turbo charged vehicle.

I don’t think the service guys are any better than the sales guys. Took my truck in on Monday and asked them to reprogram my vehicle for 35 inch tires and to program the auxiliary switches that I installed after delivery. The service manager had no freaking clue what I was talking about.

OscarHTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been using 93 since I took delivery and haven't noticed any issues.

I try and stick to Shell 93 V-Power Nitro+

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In BC, we are lucky enough to have 94 octane readily available across the Province. As I normally do only highway driving, I have run this octane since getting my Bronco, and I do so as I really enjoy the added hp that this provides. From my perspective, why would I run regular, when premium provides such a boost.

Gray_Ghost

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Super Duty, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm lucky to have 93 E free in my area

Sponsored

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...were the first words out of my salesman's mouth...after I took delivery of my 2DR/WT/SAS (2.7L) last week.
Can anyone tell me why?
Struck me as V E R Y odd.

Thanks!
Ford Bronco "DO NOT USE 93 OCTANE" ? 1714756815295-pt

I only use 93, occasionally 94 when I visit a Sunoco

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm lucky to have 93 E free in my area
not at all. Your stock calibration is not setup to run e free. You will be fighting a lean condition 24/7 by running e0 pump. You need to stop that shit and quit reading the internet.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
not at all. Your stock calibration is not setup to run e free. You will be fighting a lean condition 24/7 by running e0 pump. You need to stop that shit and quit reading the internet.
What are you smoking?

If you run ANY ethanol blend you have to use more fuel (by volume) than you would with no ethanol, assuming the same octane value (e.g. 93 no ethanol vs 93 w/10% ethanol).

If anything, e0 would run rich, not lean (but the computer is going to compensate in closed loop anyway).

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are you smoking?

If you run ANY ethanol blend you have to use more fuel (by volume) than you would with no ethanol, assuming the same octane value (e.g. 93 no ethanol vs 93 w/10% ethanol).

If anything, e0 would run rich, not lean (but the computer is going to compensate in closed loop anyway).
Wrong. The stoich is set to be 14.08 by the stock calibration. That e10 which is how it’s going to fuel. Then when the wide bands see it’s off they are going to compensate by pulling fuel. You’ll always be trying to force a rich condition which will need to be corrected in fuel trims. lol.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wrong. The stoich is set to be 14.08 by the stock calibration. That e10 which is how it’s going to fuel. Then when the wide bands see it’s off they are going to compensate by pulling fuel. You’ll always be trying to force a rich condition which will need to be corrected in fuel trims. lol.
I will just leave this here. It's not enough to matter as long term fuel trim can adjust for E0.

Ford Bronco "DO NOT USE 93 OCTANE" ? Screenshot_20240504-084431 (1)

Clearly, stoichiometric AFR decreases with increased ethanol, which means that the mixture will be rich without the additional ethanol.

Follow the science.

Sponsored

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will just leave this here. It's not enough to matter as long term fuel trim can adjust for E0.

Ford Bronco "DO NOT USE 93 OCTANE" ? Screenshot_20240504-084431 (1)

Clearly, stoichiometric AFR decreases with increased ethanol, which means that the mixture will be rich without the additional ethanol.

Follow the science.
Yes this is correct. Except this is not a flex fuel vehicle and not changing its own stoich on the fly. The fuel trims will compensate but why do that? You’re running e0 for nothing. The fuel trims are going to be taking away fuel all the time then compensating. And you’re losing the knock protection the ethanol brings. This is a fools errand.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes this is correct. Except this is not a flex fuel vehicle and not changing its own stoich on the fly. The fuel trims will compensate but why do that? You’re running e0 for nothing. The fuel trims are going to be taking away fuel all the time then compensating. And you’re losing the knock protection the ethanol brings. This is a fools errand.
If octane is the same, you are not losing any knock protection. You will however gain additional fuel mileage on E0. I agree with you on it being a fools errand only because of the price of E0 Gasoline.

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If octane is the same, you are not losing any knock protection. You will however gain additional fuel mileage on E0. I agree with you on it being a fools errand only because of the price of E0 Gasoline.
E0 87 will have less knock protection than e10 87. Absolutely. Same reason e20 blended 87 will be better/higher octane than e10 87.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last edited:

BadmansSAS