First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yet, with all that bluster and fuss, here you are……. And since you love Tesla so much, why are you on the Bronco forum? I know that Tesla has forums.. Hell, the owner has his own social media mess…. err, platform called, somethinornuther.

Tesla is ok dude, it’s not the second coming. All of that all American build quality sounds as though you’ve never owned or been near one. Teslas are assembled very often in less than stellar fashion and I’m sure this Cybercartruck will be no different.

In the end, it’s a good development and I think it’s novel personally, but it’s just not something I’d buy. I wanted an off-roader and so that’s what I have. That’s why I’m here on the FORD Bronco forum and not over on the Tesla Reddit page or wherever.

It’s also not a truck since it doesn’t do well at truck stuff, but I also know that truck guys aren’t the market for the thing. This forum is full of truck guys; not everyone, but there are a lot of truck guys who do truck stuff.

Cybercartruck is for that guy who yet again, wants to look cool and rugged (but isn’t), cares about what others think of how he “looks”, and the guy who wants to be seen as different or a disrupter, when in actuality own just one of the now fastest growing car company with spartan and drone Teslas everywhere.

So, who’s the actual sheeple people again? ;) (No sarcasm) 😒
I'm on a Bronco forum because I love the new Ford Bronco and plan on buying one this year to compliment my R1T and my Telsa Model Y. Thanks for asking.

Elon is like Trump, people love to hate him. He speaks his mind with no filter and as a result he has a fanatical following of haters. The fact of the mater is that Elon is not Tesla, any more than Jim Farley is Ford. Tesla has nearly 100,000 employees, most of them Americans that bust their ass everyday to build American made vehicles and keep American jobs.

My earlier point stands: people are sheeple because they believe everything the media (beholden to their big money advertisers) tells them about how Elon is a pariah and Teslas are trash. Throw in the people in this thread that say anyone who drives Tesla cybertruck is effeminate because the Cybertruck can't do "truck stuff".

The build quality on my Model Y is better than any Ford I've owned.

The cybertruck can literally beat a porsche 911 in a drag race towing a porsche 911.

The cybertruck can beat an F350 diesel in a sled pull.

The cybertruck can be run off of electrons from your roof top solar. I spent $5,000/year on gas before I got my R1T. Now I have $5,000/year to spend on other things.

If the cybertruck "can't do truck stuff" then well I guess my Rivian can't do truck stuff either. To me, "truck stuff" is doing things like bringing home sheets of plywood, which are in the back of my R1T as we speak. To me, "truck stuff" is going offroading with my cousins who all have Raptors, which I just did over the holiday. But I guess my R1T still isn't a truck...and by that mater, a Raptor isn't a truck either. So what is a truck MadMan4BamaNATL? Does it have to gulp diesel and drain your wallet and take 10 seconds to get to 60mph?
Sponsored

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What truck stuff doesn’t it do well? Most bronco’s are purchased by those who want to look the part and cool. How many Braptors on the forum won’t even see a muddy field.
Truck stuff is hauling and towing man. That shape hinders effective hauling heavy stuff and a lot of it safely. All of those outlets in the bed and the bungee loops show me it‘s made more for camping than working. That’s fine, but don’t call it a truck, it’s an open back SUV. Truck guys and guys who do real work for a living know these things. The shape of a truck bed is a box for a reason.

Additionally, it can’t realistically tow in real world scenerios anything above 3K libs and hold its range. Even without testing it, I know this based on current battery tech. So, anything beyond an ATV or jet ski will be a no go beyond maybe 150 miles; the tests will show this soon.

Anyway, the customers for this thing don’t do any work anyway. Not many tradesmen or construction workers drive $100K trucks and essentially, that’s what this thing is.

To your comment on Braptors; sure, you’re right about that, but again, that thing is priced out of the hands of wheelers. Not may wheelers look to take $100K stock rigs out to rock crawl. Sure, you may build a rig up to that adn have it as your bouncer or crawler, but most guys build a beater to beat on, because they’re not rich, just normal guys and there ain’t no shame in being a normal guy.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have to agree with you and politics aside when he told advertisers to go eff themselves he deserves not only advertisers but followers and ev buyers going elsewhere.

As Bugs Bunny used to say before PC, "What a maroon"

It was his Dana White moment.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dropped my CT reservation for the Bronco. 0 regrets - especially since I've already had the Bronco for a year and a half already. Would be waiting another year for the duel motor mid priced CT.

Wouldn't mind having one, just have no need for it.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm on a Bronco forum because I love the new Ford Bronco and plan on buying one this year to compliment my R1T and my Telsa Model Y. Thanks for asking.

Elon is like Trump, people love to hate him. He speaks his mind with no filter and as a result he has a fanatical following of haters. The fact of the mater is that Elon is not Tesla, any more than Jim Farley is Ford. Tesla has nearly 100,000 employees, most of them Americans that bust their ass everyday to build American made vehicles and keep American jobs.

My earlier point stands: people are sheeple because they believe everything the media (beholden to their big money advertisers) tells them about how Elon is a pariah and Teslas are trash. Throw in the clowns on this forum that say anyone who drives Tesla cybertruck is effeminate because the Cybertruck can't do "truck stuff".

The build quality on my Model Y is better than any Ford I've owned.

The cybertruck can literally beat a porsche 911 in a drag race towing a porsche 911.

The cybertruck can beat an F350 diesel in a sled pull.

The cybertruck can be run off of electrons from your roof top solar. I spent $5,000/year on gas before I got my R1T. Now I have $5,000/year to spend on other things.

If the cybertruck "can't do truck stuff" then well I guess my Rivian can't do truck stuff either. To me, "truck stuff" is doing things like bringing home sheets of plywood, which are in the back of my R1T as we speak. To me, "truck stuff" is going offroading with my cousins who all have Raptors, which I just did over the holiday. But I guess my R1T still isn't a truck...and by that mater, a Raptor isn't a truck either. So what is a truck MadMan4BamaNATL? Does it have to gulp diesel and drain your wallet and take 10 seconds to get to 60mph?
First, an F350 can tow over 20K lbs and the Cybercartruck can‘t do that and if it could, would be like for maybe 30 miles, which isn’t work truck level.

Not sure how a Rivian got into the conversation? Guess you wanted us to know you had one, so good for you. I like the Rivian and it’s better at truck stuff than this Cybercartruck will be. You assume a lot because I guess you’re triggered and want to go over your talking points you have prepared, which is fine.

Anyway, Tesla build quality is pretty bad, there’s over 10 years of evidence on that point. A new company will have that, and they’re getting better, but not there yet. I also don’t care where everything is built. It’s a global economy, I make money off of it being that way, and I don’t look down on those who aren’t American, so let them eat too. I take pride in America, but we don’t make much here and haven‘t for 50 years, yet unemployment is at an all time low, so it just works.

EVs will be there one day; I’ve said that for years, but today isn’t that day for all things. for those of us who off-road, it’ll be a while. For guys who do work in a truck beyond the Saturday morning run to the Home Depot, Diesel will rule the day for a few years to come.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the media…. I guess. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All the F-150s sold in suburban Atlanta that are lucky enough to even get a Home Depot run a month far out number the few that actually work in rural NH. I still defend what I said, most trucks don't haul squat and are nothing more than the equivalent of the bloated American luxury cars of yore with the promise of mostly unfilled never ending capabilities.

I have no problem with that, I own a Bronco that has yet to see a trail and probably never will but I don't hold a grudge to those that do or don't use the maximum potential of what they plunk their hard earned money on. I just think it's hilarious that this thing pisses people off so many and in that manner it's already competition to everything out there whether it meets your or my needs or not.
Exactly, most people buy vehicles for the image. I have an older mother in law that drives a rediculous fancy red porsche "because I always had to drive a suburban." She's not racing Laguna Seca on the weekends.

Most rubicons, raptors, TRXs, and broncos in my area have never and will never see dirt. So why do folks bag on these people? Because it makes them feel better about themselves.

Last time I checked it's still a free country and you can spend your $$$ on whatever the hell vehicle you want and be PROUD of it! At the end of the day you worked your ass off and didn't steal a dollar, so be proud of what you accomplished and what you drive whether it cost $100K or $1k. My first vehicle was a blue 90GT 5.0 hatch back with 105k on the clock that cost me $3,500 which I paid for by making sandwiches and scrubbing toilets. I was damn proud to drive that thing back home, so proud I put 6 coats of wax on it when I drove it into the driveway.

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First, an F350 can tow over 20K lbs and the Cybercartruck can‘t do that and if it could, would be like for maybe 30 miles, which isn’t work truck level.

Not sure how a Rivian got into the conversation? Guess you wanted us to know you had one, so good for you. I like the Rivian and it’s better at truck stuff than this Cybercartruck will be. You assume a lot because I guess you’re triggered and want to go over your talking points you have prepared, which is fine.

Anyway, Tesla build quality is pretty bad, there’s over 10 years of evidence on that point. A new company will have that, and they’re getting better, but not there yet. I also don’t care where everything is built. It’s a global economy, I make money off of it being that way, adn I don’t look down on those who aren’t American, so let them eat too. I take pride in America, but we don’t make much here and haven‘t for 50 years, yet unemployment is at an all time low, so it just works.

EVs will be there one day; I’ve said that for years, but today isn’t that day for all things. for those of us who off-road, it’ll be a while. For guys who do work in a truck beyond the Saturday morning run to the Home Depot, Diesel will rule the day for a few years to come.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the media…. I guess. :rolleyes:
Rivian got in the conversation because he was dogging on trucks that "can't do truck stuff" and just so *happen* to be EV. My truck after the tax credit was cheaper than a loaded F150.

I agree Tesla has had some build quality issues in the past, but so does every car company except the exotics, right?

Last edited:

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My take away from the CT review video is the new Raptor R is a beast. A gas truck only a tenth slower than the Hummer.

Screenshot 2023-12-02 102708.png

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

1. Elon is like Trump, people love to hate him. He speaks his mind with no filter and as a result he has a fanatical following of haters. The fact of the mater is that Elon is not Tesla, any more than Jim Farley is Ford. Tesla has nearly 100,000 employees, most of them Americans that bust their ass everyday to build American made vehicles and keep American jobs.

2. My earlier point stands: people are sheeple because they believe everything the media (beholden to their big money advertisers) tells them about how Elon is a pariah and Teslas are trash. Throw in the people in this thread that say anyone who drives Tesla cybertruck is effeminate because the Cybertruck can't do "truck stuff".

3. The build quality on my Model Y is better than any Ford I've owned.
Point 1. Elon is Tesla, inasmuch as they are synonymous.

Point 2. Fan boys are the real sheeple, I I believe this: :https://interestingengineering.com/lists/biggest-ev-recalls and this : https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2022/TESLA/MODEL 3/4 DR/RWD
before I believe a fanboy on a forum.

Point 3. See point 2 above.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My take away from the CT review video is the new Raptor R is a beast. A gas truck only a tenth slower than the Hummer.

Screenshot 2023-12-02 102708.png
By all means, horsepower and speed are so important, but I'm sure no one on this forum drives irresponsibly (LOL).

It amazes me the ignorance and stupidity of so many drivers, those who fail to understand the impacts of speed (aka, horsepower), especially for large, heavy vehicles. Or, as we used to say, before it became politically incorrect, "Moron Alert", for those that don't.

Speed is the No. 1 killer on Dallas city streets - Dallas traffic death rate worst among 10 largest U.S. cities

Last edited:

Sponsored

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tesla will not get a penny from me for any of their vehicles. Even reviewers of the Cyber Truck are...unimpressed.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

By all means, horsepower and speed are so important, but I'm sure no one on this forum drives irresponsibly (LOL).

It amazes me the ignorance and stupidity of so many drivers, those who fail to understand the impacts of speed (aka, horsepower), especially for large, heavy vehicles. Or, as we used to say, before it became politically incorrect, "Moron Alert", for those that don't.

Speed is the No. 1 killer on Dallas city streets - Dallas traffic death rate worst among 10 largest U.S. cities
Uh, actually it is never "speed" that kills. It is sudden deceleration to zero relative velocity that kills but nobody, not the least of which Maverick and Goose has ever said " I feel the need for increasing and sustainable vector velocity acceleration"

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
They're calculating $11,100 that they're not showing on the price for tax credit and fuel savings if you read the details.
Well, yes, but the tax credit is legit as you will get that $7500 back.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
How much ADM? :unsure: ;)
Zero dealer markup. There are no dealers. Tesla sells direct to the public. You're not subject to criminal dealer behavior.
Sponsored