Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey all,

Recently installed some @CVF-Jason CVF Charge Pipes and made a video of the installation process and quick overview. If you don't feel like watching the video, then I'll try my best to sum up my thoughts below.

First off, if you plan to install a cold air intake, then I would suggest doing both at the same time. I say this because it will save you a lot of time. Removing one side of my Injen intake and then reinstalling it was a pain in the butt. This holds true if you're looking at the Injen, K&N, S&B, and AFE intake. Replacement box style intakes won't be affected.

Here's a few things a I noticed after installing these charge pipes.

Aftermarket Turbosmart BOV (VTA model) makes a higher-pitched noise. Sounds good -more pronounced and aggressive.

I can feel the power increase. It's not a ton, but it's definitely noticeable. I can now spin the tires flooring it from a 10-20 MPH roll with traction control off. That has never happened previously. Keep in mind, I'm FBO and ZFG Racing E85 tuned. I can't speak for the power increase on a stock 2.7L, but I imagine you'll notice it.

I sent a new log to my tuner to see if there's anything left on the table, so I'll keep you all updated with some new dragy runs.

The T-bolt clamp design isn't the most aesthetically pleasing, but they work great and should hold better than a typical worm clamp.

AFE, Mishi, and Injen make awesome charge pipes, but they're a lot more expensive. I'm pretty frugal, so while they might look better, I don't think they are worth the cost increase. Right now you can get these for $450 shipped. Based on my experience with them, I think they are well worth it.

I plan to go back to the dyno to see how much power the Downpipes, charge pipes, and soon new throttle body add.

Let me know if you all have any questions, thanks!

Link to CVF Charge Pipes

Ford Bronco CVF Aluminum Intercooler Charge Pipes - Install and Review (2.7 Bronco) Screenshot 2024-06-14 104729

2H and 2nd gear soft launch. Soon as she builds boost, she spins

Sponsored

Last edited:

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great job! Function over form! I will admit the Injen stuff is high, but I got a BIG discount, so I was good.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you lose any power once the pipes were heat soaked?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know you're not asking me, but I have them on the 2.3L and did a lot of datalogging with them.

I cannot fathom how aluminum charge pipes could possibly heat soak. The pipes would have to be so hot that they retain heat that's great enough to affect the air rushing through them. Maybe if you redline it against a wall in a parking garage for an hour, but... you'll have plenty of other problems with that and likely before you could heat soak them.

They just don't have the mass to hold enough heat.

Also, my data doesn't support this. The only mass where heat soak can start to take place under heavy driving--my lead foot, Miami heat, rush hour traffic--is going to happen in the intercooler... any intercooler. So glad I upgraded that too... sounds like a commercial, but also CVF. I'm very happy with them and even like the clamps. 😁

:beer:

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like a great setup! I've been waiting for someone to build a better pipe more affordable and looks more stock. California CARB doesn't like us playing with stuff!

I like that they are predrilled for water/ meth injection systems. I ran it on my Subarus and its an amazing way to make quick cheap power!

Just and FYI... If you off road I would take that BOV off. They're notorious for getting stuck with dirt and causing codes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cosmicsloth

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend, 1956 Chevy Bel-Air
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just commented on your video and I can 100% agree with all of your statements. I have an S&B intake and it was also a pain in the butt working around that while getting these pipes in.

But all in all, another great product at an unbelievable price point.

cosmicsloth

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The biggest thing to cause heat soak, is the dang stock intercooler. That thing just does not like to keep things cool even without mods.

I was seeing temps jump almost 40⁰F from a 40-90mph with the stock intercooler and then installed the CVF intercooler and the temperature literally went backwards during another 40-90mph pull. So I recommend getting the CVF hot/cold pipes and intercooler as a complete package if you want to see real results against heat soak.

Ford Bronco CVF Aluminum Intercooler Charge Pipes - Install and Review (2.7 Bronco) bronco-cvf-intercooler-comparison-

Denny3297

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia, Ranger, Fusion, E450 motorhome, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all,

Recently installed some @CVF-Jason CVF Charge Pipes and made a video of the installation process and quick overview. If you don't feel like watching the video, then I'll try my best to sum up my thoughts below.

First off, if you plan to install a cold air intake, then I would suggest doing both at the same time. I say this because it will save you a lot of time. Removing one side of my Injen intake and then reinstalling it was a pain in the butt. This holds true if you're looking at the Injen, K&N, S&B, and AFE intake. Replacement box style intakes won't be affected.

Here's a few things a I noticed after installing these charge pipes.

Aftermarket Turbosmart BOV (VTA model) makes a higher-pitched noise. Sounds good -more pronounced and aggressive.

I can feel the power increase. It's not a ton, but it's definitely noticeable. I can now spin the tires flooring it from a 10-20 MPH roll with traction control off. That has never happened previously. Keep in mind, I'm FBO and ZFG Racing E85 tuned. I can't speak for the power increase on a stock 2.7L, but I imagine you'll notice it.

I sent a new log to my tuner to see if there's anything left on the table, so I'll keep you all updated with some new dragy runs.

The T-bolt clamp design isn't the most aesthetically pleasing, but they work great and should hold better than a typical worm clamp.

AFE, Mishi, and Injen make awesome charge pipes, but they're a lot more expensive. I'm pretty frugal, so while they might look better, I don't think they are worth the cost increase. Right now you can get these for $450 shipped. Based on my experience with them, I think they are well worth it.

I plan to go back to the dyno to see how much power the Downpipes, charge pipes, and soon new throttle body add.

Let me know if you all have any questions, thanks!

Screenshot 2024-06-14 104729.jpg

2H and 2nd gear soft launch. Soon as she builds boost, she spins

I also have teamed up with CVF on the charge pipes. I have them installed and ready for a Dyno comparison tomorrow night. They are installed on a stock tuned 2.7 with CVF's Turbo Back Exhaust, and intercooler. I'm not expecting much, maybe 5hp based on my super accurate butt Dyno. :) I will be Posting results this week.

cosmicsloth

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also have teamed up with CVF on the charge pipes. I have them installed and ready for a Dyno comparison tomorrow night. They are installed on a stock tuned 2.7 with CVF's Turbo Back Exhaust, and intercooler. I'm not expecting much, maybe 5hp based on my super accurate butt Dyno. :) I will be Posting results this week.
It's good to keep your expectations low, but definitely expect more than 5hp.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think those pipe will be much hotter than the plastic pipes…

Sponsored

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did this turn out?

Denny3297

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia, Ranger, Fusion, E450 motorhome, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did this turn out?
Very good actually. Except it only made more power until about 3,700 rpm. It's was somewhat significant (+20hp and +32lb ft at 3,000rpm). This is even more impressive when a 30 degree jump in ambient temperature is accounted for. After 3,700 RPM the computer stepped in and limited power. The Dyno operator (Dyno Dan) thinks the "Cat Over Temp" parameter kicked in and the computer pulled timing and dumped fuel to cool the cats. This is of course a hypothesis, as we weren't data logging anything. The goal was to see how much extra power we could get with just bolt ons and no tuning. I have CVF Turbo back exhaust, intercooler and hot side/cold side pipes. The gains are significant and noticable.

I just looked into it, and the most reliable data occurs at 3,600 RPM. At that RPM those bolt ons made +65whp and +98lb ft. That's with a baseline run taken on a 65 degree day and the final run taken on a 89 degree day. I'm very impressed!

In short it's time to tune it. 😁

@CVF-Jason

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man that’s great. I’ve got the CVF downpipes installed, and their intercooler and charge pipes are here waiting to go on until I figure out the intake — need Injen to solve for the 23+ sensor change that would throw the P04DB emissions CEL.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very good actually. Except it only made more power until about 3,700 rpm. It's was somewhat significant (+20hp and +32lb ft at 3,000rpm). This is even more impressive when a 30 degree jump in ambient temperature is accounted for. After 3,700 RPM the computer stepped in and limited power. The Dyno operator (Dyno Dan) thinks the "Cat Over Temp" parameter kicked in and the computer pulled timing and dumped fuel to cool the cats. This is of course a hypothesis, as we weren't data logging anything. The goal was to see how much extra power we could get with just bolt ons and no tuning. I have CVF Turbo back exhaust, intercooler and hot side/cold side pipes. The gains are significant and noticable.

I just looked into it, and the most reliable data occurs at 3,600 RPM. At that RPM those bolt ons made +65whp and +98lb ft. That's with a baseline run taken on a 65 degree day and the final run taken on a 89 degree day. I'm very impressed!

In short it's time to tune it. 😁

@CVF-Jason
Wow, that is a healthy upgrade for no motor work! You continue to sell me on this once my warranty is up.
Sponsored