Sponsored

Cloth Heated Seats - What Years and Models?

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP

AFMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco; 89 Foxbody; 11 Miata; 82 280zx
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

23 Wildtrak here with cloth heated seats

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My 21 BB has the mid package and heated seats.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't make it past the second response in that post:

"use latex, sheepskin doesn't protect properly against STD's."

:crackup:
Let's not this thread deteriorate to the point we have Tricky Dick talking about his ass beads(?), keeping his seat cool.

*Edit......"beaded seats"

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
check ebay. ive seen people selling their cloth seat covers after getting aftermarket leather
I don’t think the cloth seats will fit the models that came standard with leather.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looked at that but from what I read and comparing the two, the cloth seats are different. The MGV have the gap/opening 3/4 of the way up the back rest that the cloth seats do not.
my ’23 Big Bend was a job 2 truck so came with MGV instead of cloth. :mad: I ordered that model strictly for cloth too. Anyway, I bought a set of OEM cloth take off seat covers from a big bend off ebay. You are right that the seat foam is different between MGV and cloth. I have read that the cloth covers will work with the MGV foam but I bought the correct cloth seat foam. Was $175 or something if I recall right.

ford bought back my ‘23 before I made the swap. and I now have a ‘24 so the rear cloth covers I bought won’t work because of the damn fold down cupholders Ford added to the ’24s. Going to do the front swap for sure though because MGV isn’t for me.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not to hijack the thread (OK, I am), but I have never been a fan of cloth seats in that they are harder to clean and you can't slide into them as easily. MGV, a soapy water spray bottle and microfiber towel. Cloth, some sort of vacuum cleaner. While there is a difference, I don't find MGV to be as bad as it is made out to be in heat or cold.

OP
OP

AFMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
my ’23 Big Bend was a job 2 truck so came with MGV instead of cloth. :mad: I ordered that model strictly for cloth too. Anyway, I bought a set of OEM cloth take off seat covers from a big bend off ebay. You are right that the seat foam is different between MGV and cloth. I have read that the cloth covers will work with the MGV foam but I bought the correct cloth seat foam. Was $175 or something if I recall right.

ford bought back my ‘23 before I made the swap. and I now have a ‘24 so the rear cloth covers I bought won’t work because of the damn fold down cupholders Ford added to the ’24s. Going to do the front swap for sure though because MGV isn’t for me.
Interesting. I had not read that swapping seat foam out was an option. Where did you find the seat foam - just from Ford parts?

I can see how the cloth seat covers might work with the MGV seats (no foam change). But that opening 3/4 way up the seat back that MGV seats have would just be a void. Not sure how that would work out.

Sponsored
OP
OP

AFMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not to hijack the thread (OK, I am), but I have never been a fan of cloth seats in that they are harder to clean and you can't slide into them as easily. MGV, a soapy water spray bottle and microfiber towel. Cloth, some sort of vacuum cleaner. While there is a difference, I don't find MGV to be as bad as it is made out to be in heat or cold.
To each their own. For me the MGV are hotter and not as comfortable as the base cloth seats I had. I also hate the void 3/4 of the way up the seat back. I know many people love the MGV seats though.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cloth seats were great in 1985

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 23 BB mid package has the cloth heated seats. So nice to not get burned in the summer or frozen in the winter. Nice and grippy too.
Heated cloth on my 22 OBX. Not getting third degree burns in the summer is such a plus 😂

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Take the top off and come visit Texas in the summer.
Sponsored